IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/11765310/huddersfield-could-face-fa-punishment-over-heavily-branded-shirt?fbclid=IwAR07Bh_tFMsRK7_DYuZAxc-qNmvAEImotxnQ0Z6bpN9UBjqFSq8L3B3AerI

Huddersfield could face punishment over the size of the sponsor on their shirt. Doesn't say what the potential punishment will be though. 

Thinking back I remember an umbro kit with loads of umbro badges in the background. Man United's Chavelot sponsor can't be too far breaking the rules, their logo is hideously big. 

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/11765310/huddersfield-could-face-fa-punishment-over-heavily-branded-shirt?fbclid=IwAR07Bh_tFMsRK7_DYuZAxc-qNmvAEImotxnQ0Z6bpN9UBjqFSq8L3B3AerI

Huddersfield could face punishment over the size of the sponsor on their shirt. Doesn't say what the potential punishment will be though. 

Thinking back I remember an umbro kit with loads of umbro badges in the background. Man United's Chavelot sponsor can't be too far breaking the rules, their logo is hideously big. 

n

29 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

Best Football related PR stunt in years. Marketing gods at Paddy Power. Huddersfield will never get that amount of press coverage in their lifetime. 

PP only needed to generate enough engagement to last a season, they've single handedly put Huddersfield on the map with a lifetime of PR. 

Also, the end result is incredible. What a gesture (their presence will of course be felt everywhere around the club still) just keeps it clean on the shirts so that football purests are kept happy. 

Not just that, but it means it’s not actively promoting a potentially devastating addiction. I’ve always vehemently detested sponsors of dangerous products (booze, betting, even gaming) so for me it’s a fantastic stance! I hope we follow suit quickly.  

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

So no sponsor at all?! Brilliant!!!!

Paddy Power are still the "shirt sponsor" but have decided not to put their logo on the shirt it seems...no way has it been done for altruistic motives though, it's a calculated move to get themselves into the headlines, and it's worked.

Paddy Power MD, Victor Corcoran, said: “Shirt sponsorship in football has gone too far. We accept that there is a role for sponsors around football, but the shirt should be sacred.

“So today we are calling on other sponsors to join the Save Our Shirt campaign, and give something back to the fans.

“As a sponsor, we know our place, and it’s not on your shirt.”

https://www.sbcnews.co.uk/europe/2019/07/19/paddy-power-launches-save-our-shirt-campaign-alongside-real-huddersfield-kit/

On 19/07/2019 at 07:32, Matt said:

Not just that, but it means it’s not actively promoting a potentially devastating addiction. I’ve always vehemently detested sponsors of dangerous products (booze, betting, even gaming) so for me it’s a fantastic stance! I hope we follow suit quickly.  

The whole kit sponsorship is such an alien concept to we Yanks when we see it the first time. In all of our professional sports, nothing is on the jersey, besides the small logo of the apparel company - it's almost sacred. There would be an angry mob with torches and pitchforks if a team dared to "sully" their jersey/uniform with an ad. The only exception is NASCAR. but that's a different animal completely.

Are there any real restrictions, legally or from the FA, on kit sponsorship? 

• 2 weeks later...

European team athletic champs this week-end in Poland and the final event, as always, the mens 4x400 relay. GB & NI managed a paperwork fuck-up which led to the naming our reserve shot-putter on the first leg😂. Sadly we withdrew, it might've been an interesting watch.

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11787077/jan-siewert-sacked-by-huddersfield-after-fulham-defeat?fbclid=IwAR3SawKbtYyMNuzjk-X0nhWPXipikbUiKFlBCqWpRk-hVFEjHkpOsq4OdG0

Huddersfield sacked their manager only three games in, although carrying over his prem record Seiward only won one of 19. They should have stuck by Wagner. 

Didn't Wagner choose to go?

It shows the true character of the clubs when it gets tough. I have a lot of respect for burnley they stuck with dyche when he got them promoted and relegated and promoted again.  It shows they didn’t all of a sudden think they were hot shit.  Huddersfield was a miracle to even be up here with Wagner and they never even bought him players at the premier level, no striker or wingers it was blood and guts.  When he left I knew they were done for.  They’ll be in league two in a couple years time like Sunderland and Portsmouth.

49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Are all Americans afraid of squirrels or is it just baseball players?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/baseball/49412955

:huh:

:rofl: To be fair, squirrels can be aggressive when they're scared or hungry. I remember going to the Grand Canyon once, and they would come up to you when they thought you were eating, expecting food (you're not supposed to feed them), and they would follow you around and circle your feet and fight each other in order to get food.

11 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

:rofl: To be fair, squirrels can be aggressive when they're scared or hungry. I remember going to the Grand Canyon once, and they would come up to you when they thought you were eating, expecting food (you're not supposed to feed them), and they would follow you around and circle your feet and fight each other in order to get food.

They're no problem over here; probably pissed off with you lot for cutting off their tails and sticking them on your hats! Don't blame them for fighting back.

Well they they can carry rabies so THAT'S always a concern. I have them constantly in my yard and jumping around my trees, randomly changing direction at full speed - they can't be caught.

That's probably why they used to use a raccoon tail on hats instead of a squirrel's....

• 2 weeks later...