IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Just checked in my hotel for a couple of days at Ascot any tips for today will be much appreciated. 

Sorry but late on the advice. Looking at the last two days it's probs best playing it safe and sticking to the elite jockeys: Crowley, Tudhope, Moore, Dettori. Odds betting wise I find Murphy does okay. I'm only a casual better on the horses though, lucky 15s mostly. 

Lingard is 26 and been at United since a kid. Remember United got rid of Pogba because of his ego and attitude, Ferguson puts a lot of weight in someone's character and OGS is trying to bring back that professionalism and he'll probably be even more disappointed as Lingard is one of their own. Wouldn't be surprised if Lingard goes because of it. 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/20/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-furious-jesse-lingard-snapchat-manchester-united-marcus-rashford-10022280/amp/

On 20/06/2019 at 15:48, pete0 said:

Sorry but late on the advice. Looking at the last two days it's probs best playing it safe and sticking to the elite jockeys: Crowley, Tudhope, Moore, Dettori. Odds betting wise I find Murphy does okay. I'm only a casual better on the horses though, lucky 15s mostly. 

Well in Pete, Dettori  goes and gets 4 winners.  🐴🐴🐴🐴

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

An eleven year old with an agent? Good grief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48748838

Best of luck to the kid, must be in a pretty bad place at the moment

Something I'm seeing a lot in the youth/grass roots at the moment. Facebook and youth football = disaster....

Well for a starter adults are using Facebook as a platform to boast and feed their egos..... throw into the mix the hundreds of bang average kids who are attached to football clubs and you have parents detailing every goal their little Johnny has scored for Wrexham or Crewe or whatever club they are at.  LET THE KIDS ENJOY THE FUCKING GAME!

the vast majority of them will grow disillusioned cos they were rejected at 12 and told to go and play for their local side.  Which is where most of them should have stayed to start with. 

Kids are rejected or accepted in social circles based on their perceived sporting prowess, I see it in golf, and football is chronic.  You have parents point scoring against each other when they should be teaching their children to respect others regardless of their ability. 

I played for a truly shit team when I was 11 or 12,  we used to get snotted 10 nil regularly, I was a decent albeit very small player but stayed with that side cos they were my mates.  I recall my mate who played for one of the better sides taking shots against his own keeper to take the piss out of us... the reality is he was shit...  he just didn't realise it cos their side had 4 to 5 very good players which is often the case at that level. If Facebook was around then I would have left my team and gone elsewhere cos the ridicule would have been unbearable. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Mings who only averaged about 5 games a season for Bournemouth is going to Villa for £20m. £20m for a player that can't even get in the third worse defense in the league.

All the more reason to trust Brands. We’ve gotten Gomes and Digne for double that and maybe £10m or so more. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

All the more reason to trust Brands. We’ve gotten Gomes and Digne for double that and maybe £10m or so more. 

I'm hoping he's got something up his sleeve. Bit worried Silva has made a winger his main priority when that's the position we're most stacked in. Much more in need of powerful centre mid, an experienced centre half, plus some competition for Sigurdssen who doesn't suit the role he's been asked to do. 

Brands has done wonders with the players coming in so far but not done so well with the outs, the more difficult part of the job thanks to the stupid signings and high wages offered out by Walsh. Don't see why we've turned down £28m for Lookman and sold Vlasic for half that. 

36 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Bernard, Gomes and Davies can all play 10. Last thing we need is another.

None of them are natural. They'd only ever be cover rather than competition. There's no pressure on Sigurdssen for his place. Plus the style of football Silva is trying to play doesn't suit his strengths. We'd have been better off with Perez who is technically not as gifted as Sigurdssen but reads the play better and makes better runs. 

I make no apology for putting this in the sports thread rather than off topic, just got it from a guy I was in the team with and went to school with, about 1970. My dad's in it as well (appearing on the left after about ten seconds), I'm to the 'keepers right and recognisable in the game by the Alan Ball white boots, I had a bit of a shocker by the look of it😂.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Mike, I'm sure I saw you take a corner and hit the first defender?  Unless you weren't the only one in white boots.

You did indeed. In my defence back then, as I'm sure was the case in your day (worse almost certainly) the balls were heavier, it was a bit of a quagmire of a pitch and we didn't have the luxury of "modern" smaller pitches; so I was 10/11 on an adult size pitch, getting the damn thing into the penalty area was an achievement:lol:.

53 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What’s with the red shirt shocking behaviour, and is that a rugby ball?

I prefer to remember the shirt as rorange, and the misshapen appearance of the ball is purely down to the power of the shot; it needed time to recoverB).