IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I feel like there are stories continuously coming out of Italy regarding racism. What is going on over there?

I’d like to say they’re just less PC (which is good in my eyes) but this is just blatant. Worst thing is that this passed several people before it got published and it still got printed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rugby Union (not everyone's cup of tea I know) but Saracens have been heavily fined and docked 35 points for salary cap infringements over the last three years but are still keeping the trophies they've won in that time and still have the same squad this season, actually they've added to it. How does that make sense?

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Rugby Union (not everyone's cup of tea I know) but Saracens have been heavily fined and docked 35 points for salary cap infringements over the last three years but are still keeping the trophies they've won in that time and still have the same squad this season, actually they've added to it. How does that make sense?

I commend the huge fine they were given (in League the punishments aren't a deterrent, the same in other sports as well) but the rest isn't right. They cheated so should be stripped of everything they gained over that period. It's no different to an athlete taking PEDs and then losing their medals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2020 at 10:15, Hafnia said:

It does annoy me how older players get patronized.  Look at Baines recently.... he's a top professional and the commentators were talking like he was on a zimmer frame. 

To be fair Crouch went to Stoke and Burnley. If he wanted the ball played to his feet, or at least not long balled, there were plenty of other clubs, likely lower down the leagues, that he could have played for. 

If Messi went to Burnley he would be played to pick up the 2nd balls off the strikers.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Nothing like a bit of friendly local rivalry:unsure:

What I don't really get is the guy from the team winning comfortably felt the need to flex when the game is pretty much over. No doubt both teams will probably be banned from competing in tournaments that matter for the next year, if not longer. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51222415

What I don't get in all of this is how Saracens are being allowed to keep the trophies they've won in the last three years (and potentially more this)?!?

It's like Lance Armstrong coming "clean" and keeping all his TdF titles; complete madness. They won while cheating, take the silverware off them, no-brainer.

(I may have posted the same thing before somewhere on here because it's wound me up so much so forgive me if I'm repeating myself)

40 minutes ago, johnh said:

There should be rules that pitches must always be like that.

:D

Going back to my London days a very good friend of mine was one the "pitch invaders" in his parka as a kid but no way to identify him from the vid, he was Hereford born and raised but was a Villa fan in top flight stuff; had many happy pub sessions with him. What a day that must've been! The only match that beats it for me as far as giant killing goes is when Colchester beat Leeds.

59 minutes ago, MikeO said:

:D

Going back to my London days a very good friend of mine was one the "pitch invaders" in his parka as a kid but no way to identify him from the vid, he was Hereford born and raised but was a Villa fan in top flight stuff; had many happy pub sessions with him. What a day that must've been! The only match that beats it for me as far as giant killing goes is when Colchester beat Leeds.

In 1977 I was at Swindon v Everton FA Cup round it ended 2-2 on a pitch that was more like a beach, if you google Swindon v Everton you will see it Kenny Stroud equalised with one of the best goals you will ever see off a beach for a pitch. 

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

In 1977 I was at Swindon v Everton FA Cup round it ended 2-2 on a pitch that was more like a beach, if you google Swindon v Everton you will see it Kenny Stroud equalised with one of the best goals you will ever see off a beach for a pitch. 

In season 1958/59 I played an FA Amateur Cup game against Durham City in Durham.  It had snowed all week and only five games were played in the whole of the country, including ours. Durham put 80 tons of sand on the pitch and it was just like playing on the beach.  We actually had a match report on the radio 'Sports Report'.   We won 2 - 0.  I have a match report from the Observer which described me as a 'young player with a future'.   Should I take them to court?😁

15 minutes ago, johnh said:

In season 1958/59 I played an FA Amateur Cup game against Durham City in Durham.  It had snowed all week and only five games were played in the whole of the country, including ours. Durham put 80 tons of sand on the pitch and it was just like playing on the beach.  We actually had a match report on the radio 'Sports Report'.   We won 2 - 0.  I have a match report from the Observer which described me as a 'young player with a future'.   Should I take them to court?😁

😂😂😂 could you be more specific in what they felt you had a future in, if it was to live a long life you wouldn’t win😀

1 hour ago, johnh said:

I’d love to see that! Can you scan and upload it?