IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ronnie O'Sullivan knocked out of the World Champs by the first ever amateur to qualify for the final stages😂.

I know he's probably the best player ever but he is a right dick at times.

I don't think he's well... didn't look right at all after it. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48251716?ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_linkname=sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social&fbclid=IwAR0Bs_T80M-OZ_1Kr0R0X5jrZueARCH4yDVmekQTyxo-r-TDjxh4CcyejY4

Hughton sacked. They've done well to stay up given the team they have and their best player Gross was injured half the season and they've played 38 year old in a third of their matches. Even if they went down I'd say Hughton has done enough to stay and try again. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48251716?ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_linkname=sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social&fbclid=IwAR0Bs_T80M-OZ_1Kr0R0X5jrZueARCH4yDVmekQTyxo-r-TDjxh4CcyejY4

Hughton sacked. They've done well to stay up given the team they have and their best player Gross was injured half the season and they've played 38 year old in a third of their matches. Even if they went down I'd say Hughton has done enough to stay and try again. 

I agree and I like hughton.  Not for Everton but he does well with limited resources and smaller clubs.  I was impressed with him at Norwich too.  Sadly I think he will have to go back to the championship to find work and work his way back again.

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Agree, stupid move by them.

I’m currently watching the Mexican women’s cup final, the football isn’t up to much, but the ref and one of the linesmen (assistant referees of whatever) are like models. It’s really distracting me from the football. 

Final rugby premiership table but Exeter, clear winners, aren't. They go to play-offs (League is the same I think), it's insane. Last year they won the league as well but lost the play-off final so weren't "winners". Season before it was reversed, they came second in the league but won the play-offs. I hate it. OK in America or whatever where you have different groups competing for one prize it makes sense but when everyone has played everyone else twice? It'd be like (potentially) Spurs or Chelsea winning the title this year:huh:.

Capture.JPG

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11726375/robert-snodgrass-suggested-andy-carroll-mistaken-identity-after-ukad-incident?fbclid=IwAR2iBUk-HEKNmsqXnnkULfQzwtkFPoVPTkqa8iEOTnT0yt2iHd7HxDwdX4k

Find it quite poor to make the decision with so little evidence. One match ban and £30k fine based on witness statements that say they heard someone with a Scottish accent in a busy corridor say "have you cunts got nothing better to do". 

The two people should have confronted him at the time to confirm/clarify what was said, or asked an impartial witness at the time to confirm they heard too considering it was in a busy corridor. 

20 minutes ago, pete0 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11726375/robert-snodgrass-suggested-andy-carroll-mistaken-identity-after-ukad-incident?fbclid=IwAR2iBUk-HEKNmsqXnnkULfQzwtkFPoVPTkqa8iEOTnT0yt2iHd7HxDwdX4k

Find it quite poor to make the decision with so little evidence. One match ban and £30k fine based on witness statements that say they heard someone with a Scottish accent in a busy corridor say "have you cunts got nothing better to do". 

The two people should have confronted him at the time to confirm/clarify what was said, or asked an impartial witness at the time to confirm they heard too considering it was in a busy corridor. 

'As the players left a team meeting, Snodgrass was accused by two officials of asking "Have you c**** got nothing better to do?" in an "aggressive tone" and was "much louder than the jeers from the other players".'

Why were the players "jeering" though when it's a part of their routine to do this stuff? Whoever said it the UKAD staff were just doing their job, we all have stuff we'd rather be doing than our job most of the time but we have to do it to keep the family fed. And Carroll is a geordie so how would his accent be confused with a broad Scottish one?

Think the fact that West Ham "reluctantly" excepted the penalty and decided against appeal says it all.

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

'As the players left a team meeting, Snodgrass was accused by two officials of asking "Have you c**** got nothing better to do?" in an "aggressive tone" and was "much louder than the jeers from the other players".'

Why were the players "jeering" though when it's a part of their routine to do this stuff? Whoever said it the UKAD staff were just doing their job, we all have stuff we'd rather be doing than our job most of the time but we have to do it to keep the family fed. And Carroll is a geordie so how would his accent be confused with a broad Scottish one?

Think the fact that West Ham "reluctantly" excepted the penalty and decided against appeal says it all.

I'm scouse and been asked whether I'm from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Newcastle before. 

Personally I'd struggle with a Scottish accent in a busy corridor. They should have clarified beyond what they both believed to have heard. 

36 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm scouse and been asked whether I'm from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Newcastle before. 

Personally I'd struggle with a Scottish accent in a busy corridor. They should have clarified beyond what they both believed to have heard. 

OK but even if you struggle to tell the difference between Geordie and Scottish (poles apart in my view even though close geographically) why the jeers? That's the big thing that I don't get.

Also there seems to be no denial that the comment was made so pretty much an admission that someone said it,  which is pretty stupid when the UKAD people were doing what they're employed to do. So whoever called them c***s failed to grasp that concept. If it was an Everton player (one or more) involved I'd be embarrassed

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m leaving for vacation too, hence laziness. 

Enjoy Matt, I did a "tour" of my two local bars earlier and had four beers. Three were "on the house" and the other was "pay me later" because he was eating lunch, love it here so much. People are great.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Enjoy Matt, I did a "tour" of my two local bars earlier and had four beers. Three were "on the house" and the other was "pay me later" because he was eating lunch, love it here so much. People are great.

You too mate. Heading to Bremgarten (AG) tomorrow, where I work every couple of weeks. The hotel I’ve used and have supported me (through thick and thin) over the last 10 months is closing so I want them to meet my girls before the close. Then off to Basel to sleep on a couch but be joined with my sister and her family for a few days. Can’t wait :) 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

You too mate. Heading to Bremgarten (AG) tomorrow, where I work every couple of weeks. The hotel I’ve used and have supported me (through thick and thin) over the last 10 months is closing so I want them to meet my girls before the close. Then off to Basel to sleep on a couch but be joined with my sister and her family for a few days. Can’t wait :) 

Part of our routing over here was flying over Basel and the Alps Matt, pilot mentioned it specifically; sadly too much cloud to see anything this time. When we flew home last September weather was perfect and we didn't see a cloud at any time, love looking at the mountains from above though they'd scare the shit out of me if I was standing on one:lol:. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

OK but even if you struggle to tell the difference between Geordie and Scottish (poles apart in my view even though close geographically) why the jeers? That's the big thing that I don't get.

Also there seems to be no denial that the comment was made so pretty much an admission that someone said it,  which is pretty stupid when the UKAD people were doing what they're employed to do. So whoever called them c***s failed to grasp that concept. If it was an Everton player (one or more) involved I'd be embarrassed

The jeers I imagine was 'banter'. Footballers in general stay in the naughty nobhead teenager stage. The clubs should do more to make them respectful. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

no need to degrade the working man/woman, especially these rich spoiled pricks making millions.  i'd have hoped the club would have fined him, that's a real terrible reflection on the character of a club.  although it is west ham so no surprise.

The club should fine all the players who were being disrespectful. But my issue is with the evidence used to punish the one player that is believed to have called them cunts. They should have clarified at the point in time, confronted them or got the manager to. To just go off the witness statement of the two accusers is very poor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2019 at 17:07, MikeO said:

Final rugby premiership table but Exeter, clear winners, aren't. They go to play-offs (League is the same I think), it's insane. Last year they won the league as well but lost the play-off final so weren't "winners". Season before it was reversed, they came second in the league but won the play-offs. I hate it. OK in America or whatever where you have different groups competing for one prize it makes sense but when everyone has played everyone else twice? It'd be like (potentially) Spurs or Chelsea winning the title this year:huh:.

Capture.JPG

Justice not done but a hell of a game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48438232