IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

1 hour ago, Sev said:

Don't know if any of you watch German Bundesliga games, but it seems to me it runs much smoother there with their VAR system.

Agree with Mike that there possibly won't  be enough to vote against VAR and that a time limit would be a most welcome feature.

If there is a time limit there’s more chance of getting it wrong just scrap it and let the refs do there job which they have done for the past years. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

If there is a time limit there’s more chance of getting it wrong just scrap it and let the refs do there job which they have done for the past years. 

Agreed. There'll always be exceptional mistakes but we won't have the farce of waiting around when we all know what's going to happen for the most part.

5 hours ago, patto said:

Glad you trust the refs more than me then cos what I see is that some of them are somewhat biased here and there.

2 hours ago, Sev said:

Glad you trust the refs more than me then cos what I see is that some of them are somewhat biased here and there.

Don’t you think they can be biased in the Var room ?

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

They can't put genie back in bottle. Var has proven to be very effective in certain situations..... when it hasn't been done well is down to poor processes. 

The loser is the fan who can't celebrate a goal. 

Can’t we just go back to referee’s making the odd mistake at least we can enjoy instantly goals being scored. 
Var must be costing millions and giving referee’s 2 incomes

that money could go into junior football league’s 

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

They can't put genie back in bottle. Var has proven to be very effective in certain situations..... when it hasn't been done well is down to poor processes. 

The loser is the fan who can't celebrate a goal. 

Or he gets to celebrate it twice, once when it's scored and again when VAR confirms it:unsure:

But it's a valid point.

38 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Or he gets to celebrate it twice, once when it's scored and again when VAR confirms it:unsure:

But it's a valid point.

It does dilute the atmosphere somewhat, even players don’t celebrate with the passion they use to do unless it’s a dead cert.  

Watching Celtic celebrate their league win as if it's some sort of achievement I find ridiculous (not just because the trophy was brought out by Santa:huh:). 

Can they not just let Celtic and Rangers play each other four times and forget the rest of the farce?

The two of them have won it 109 times between them, everyone else 19...and there hasn't been a non-old firm winner since 1985. It's just daft.

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Great fight. All changed when fury's nose got broke. 

I thought when Fury rattled him in round 6 Usyk was going to lose even though he looked the busier he never looked like he had the power to hurt Fury, and then he knocks him down in round 8 I think. 

I found Fury's performance really disappointing to be honest.

He spent most of the fight running away, trying to hide. Which is why he continually ended up against the ropes. When he did have a go and hurt Usyk he'd back off. Usyk hunted Fury all fight long and hit him with purpose, and hurt him badly. He should've been knocked out and only the ref stepping in and then the bell saved him from that being the reality.

Should never have been a split decision, he was schooled and it should've been a unanimous win for Usyk.

If Fury takes up the rematch then he'll have to do a hell of a lot more if he wants to win, and it'll be even harder second time round because Usyk will have learnt even more about Fury now.

As someone who isn't that into boxing, I saw the final press conference/weigh in where Fury wouldn't look at Usyk. I know that people at the time were up in arms as it showed a lack of respect but to me, it came across as though Fury was a bit scared of his opponent. There seemed to be a wobble in his persona that I've not seen before, it actually made me change from thinking Fury would do it to consider Usyk the favourite - no surprise to wake up and see the result. 

18 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

As someone who isn't that into boxing, I saw the final press conference/weigh in where Fury wouldn't look at Usyk. I know that people at the time were up in arms as it showed a lack of respect but to me, it came across as though Fury was a bit scared of his opponent. There seemed to be a wobble in his persona that I've not seen before, it actually made me change from thinking Fury would do it to consider Usyk the favourite - no surprise to wake up and see the result. 

I just see it as mind games. They do all sorts as part of the process and build up. Means nothing when first bell goes, fury was cruising by round 6 and looked very comfortable. The left hand of usyk was the one to watch.