IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

MikeO

0-1 after 60-65mins

.......Howard.........

Nev.Heit.Distin.Baines

Coleman.Felli.Rod.Arteta

...Anichebe.Beck.......

Fresh legs up top - relieves pressure! Last 5/10 at this score take rodwell off for jags and play long ball for anichebe to knock on for beckford to chase!!!

Pissed off - all too often we wait for things to happen rather than make them happen!

Hear hear

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were garbage. Looks like im watching same video again again amd again. Moyes seems to want his goldenboys on, even they dont do anything out there. Anichebe is worst we have, even hibbo would do better job up there. Arsenil players are cheating cunts, especially van wankie and walcott who seems that he cant even tie up hes shoes without help.

...Felli, Baines, Coleman, Distin and Cahill for me by the way! I'd struggle to name a 6th to be honest :angry: no others have shown any consistancy this season! So 80% is spot on!!! A well calculated rant young man!!! (not checked your age, sorry if you're older than me!)

DM....

"The comments which Cesc Fabregas made to the fourth official and referee at half time deserved a sending off. He's a big player for them. I think it changed the flow of the game. I'm not going to repeat what he said, I'll let them tell you what he said. Anyway, it's a results business we are in and we need to get some results... but I don't think anyone would go away from this game thinking Everton didn't deserve to get a result."

Wonder what he said :mellow: .

moyes seems to instill a mentality of not losing rather than winning, we have the lead and were looking fairly comfortable in defence in the first half, then come out after the break, sit back and seem to wait for the inevitable to happen, shocking collapse once again, moyes' ingenious substitutions didnt exactly help either

...Felli, Baines, Coleman, Distin and Cahill for me by the way! I'd struggle to name a 6th to be honest :angry: no others have shown any consistancy this season! So 80% is spot on!!! A well calculated rant young man!!! (not checked your age, sorry if you're older than me!)

17. So We're fine :lol: .

DM....

"The comments which Cesc Fabregas made to the fourth official and referee at half time deserved a sending off. He's a big player for them. I think it changed the flow of the game.

This kind of thing pisses me off. To be fair Moyes doesn't generally clutch at straws like this, but to say that something that happened in then tunnel at half time changed the flow of the game is just a joke. What changed the flow of the game was lack of attacking intent, nine men plus goalie behind the ball, hoofing it up to Saha in the hope he could hold it up or beat three defenders and go on an score.

So I get out of the car, last hearing that Everton were 0-1 up, 2nd half just starting... I was worried because I don't like us scoring in the 1st half... I trundle to the office, queue up for coffee and a bite to eat... get to my desk, fire up the browser and am greeted with the fact that we managed to ship 2 goals.. fantastic.

I'm a bit confused on Saha's goal. Seemed fairly straightforward last night....he was offside. But looking at the way the law is enforced now I'm not so sure.

The refs no longer blow as soon as the ball is played, they wait until the player in the offside position touches the ball to see if he interferes or is active or whatever.

Then when the ball comes off the defender he's no longer offside....so the goal was valid? Arguable?

The other thing that occurred was that if the ball had ricoched off a defender while he was tackling Coleman no-one would have questioned it. So does it make a difference how far the ball travels from the attacking player before it comes off the defender?

Yet another frustrating, demoralising night for the fans. A decent first half performance was let down by negative tactics in order to protect what we had. Although both goals came from silly mistakes, of which Rodwell was culpable for both, we invited the pressure. More disappointing substitutes results in me and many others beginning to really question Moyes tactics. After a couple of really bright, spirited attacking games against Spurs and Chelsea we re-treated into the bunkers again. This really shows why Moyes has not yet guided us to an away win at Arsenal, Chelsea, Old Trafford and even Anfield. Just for once let's have a go at these teams away from home and see what happens, you never know we may be surprised.

On a side note, The Emirates stadium, whilst being very pleasing on the eye, really lacks in atmosphere, except of course when Arsenal score or are constantly moaning at decisions. Further to this my seat in row 2 gave me a poor view of the game,( I am not saying Goodison is any better, well I couldn't really :)) so much so that I thought Saha scored from inside the six yard box!!! :unsure:

Edited by The Beard

After watching the game again today i made a few observations, I think a lot of Neville because of his attitude and leadership, but like said last week i noticed once again that he deserted his post on so many occasions leaving Coleman to do the work of two men far too often.

A few times Coleman was shouting at Neville to go and mark his winger, Neville was infield alongside Heitinga. High praise for Coleman for the work he was having to do.

Noticed Bily giving the ball away more times than he held on to it, even when he did, nothing became of it. Moyes must give Gueye a chance sometime soon, sits on the Bench every week and doesn't even get five minutes.

Any talk of Rodwell becoming a centre half will not materialise while he has a hole in his arse, he cant head a ball.

Arteta has shown no improvement even when playing further upfield, I'm convinced he will ask to go in the summer, his heart is no longer in it.

Unless we get some new players in the summer i can also see a few others leaving because they are never going to see their ambitions fulfilled while they are here.

Fellaini is top man this season, Baines and Coleman are close behind.

PS ... Saha's goal was Valid, if that had been a shot on goal and it was deflected into the net it would have been given as a Own goal because the defender had played it last.

The last player to play the ball was a Defender, no offside.

IMO, (just to start a discussion). ;)

After watching the game again today i made a few observations, I think a lot of Neville because of his attitude and leadership, but like said last week i noticed once again that he deserted his post on so many occasions leaving Coleman to do the work of two men far too often.

A few times Coleman was shouting at Neville to go and mark his winger, Neville was infield alongside Heitinga. High praise for Coleman for the work he was having to do.

Noticed Bily giving the ball away more times than he held on to it, even when he did, nothing became of it. Moyes must give Gueye a chance sometime soon, sits on the Bench every week and doesn't even get five minutes.

Any talk of Rodwell becoming a centre half will not materialise while he has a hole in his arse, he cant head a ball.

Arteta has shown no improvement even when playing further upfield, I'm convinced he will ask to go in the summer, his heart is no longer in it.

Unless we get some new players in the summer i can also see a few others leaving because they are never going to see their ambitions fulfilled while they are here.

Fellaini is top man this season, Baines and Coleman are close behind.

PS ... Saha's goal was Valid, if that had been a shot on goal and it was deflected into the net it would have been given as a Own goal because the defender had played it last.

The last player to play the ball was a Defender, no offside.

IMO, (just to start a discussion). ;)

If that was the other end of the pitch we'd all be crying offside. It was definitely offside according to the old rule, whereas the new rule has too much leeway, so that theres more goals and less hassle of the ref when he gets the decision right/wrong

Just when you think he's learned an aggressive approach can reap rewards, he goes negative..... Head banging against wall. Just seen arsene the liar, looks like he is stocking up for cesc, no surprise there. If he is guilty, ban arsene too.

Time after fucking time... Its what winds me up the most. He literaly cant see what is infront of him. Its fucking pathetic.

This kind of thing pisses me off. To be fair Moyes doesn't generally clutch at straws like this, but to say that something that happened in then tunnel at half time changed the flow of the game is just a joke. What changed the flow of the game was lack of attacking intent, nine men plus goalie behind the ball, hoofing it up to Saha in the hope he could hold it up or beat three defenders and go on an score.

Quite right. It had no bearing on the game at all so stop making excuses Davey and look at the real reasons we lost the game.

IMO, it was offside and the reason is because Colemans pass was intended for Saha.

Even though a defender touched the ball, the intended pass to Saha arrived at Saha's feet, and it was passed to him while he was in an offside position.

Agree

My view also....just putting an argument as to why it might have been allowed.

What if the pass had been intended for Saha and (like I said) it bounced off a defender trying to tackle Coleman?

Same result. I think the logical call is offside. If the defender kicked it against Coleman and it went to Saha then that would muddy the waters slightly but while Coleman played the ball to Saha, regardless of who touched it last, Saha is offside.