IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Many of the members there seem very pleased with Barkley, even if a few seem a bit inexperienced with their evaluations.

I think it's a typical knee jerk reaction, and not totally unexpected. Wednesday are playing in a very difficult league, and like most promoted teams, struggle, until they finally adapt, be it with time, or investment, and to read some of them suggesting Barkley is the reason for their poor start is interesting, if disappointing.

You can throw a diamond into a bag of coal, but it won't make the other coals sparkle, and if anything, it tarnishes the shine of the true gem. If Wednesday want their team to improve, a little patience, and a bit of polishing is needed.

Just make sure they haven't given us a Cubik Zirkona back instead ....... dodgy gits. tongue.png

Hello Chaps and Ladies!!

Thanks for lending us Ross Barkley for a few months - what a player you lot have got on your hands!!. He took a while to settle but he found his feet soon enough.

If he's not featured in your team in the future can we have him back??, or anyone else you can spare!!. He will soon be in the main England set up soon enough if he keeps playing the way he as for us no question about it. Hope you keep your good season going and be in the top four in the premiership at the end of the season.

From a very appreciated Wednesday fan!!.

Up the Toffies!! (and the Owls!!)

Hello Chaps and Ladies!!

Thanks for lending us Ross Barkley for a few months - what a player you lot have got on your hands!!. He took a while to settle but he found his feet soon enough.

If he's not featured in your team in the future can we have him back??, or anyone else you can spare!!. He will soon be in the main England set up soon enough if he keeps playing the way he as for us no question about it. Hope you keep your good season going and be in the top four in the premiership at the end of the season.

From a very appreciated Wednesday fan!!.

Up the Toffies!! (and the Owls!!)

Conor McAleny and Vellios could do with some Championship football. Also there is Silva Junior a box-to-box midfielder who would fit into a 442.

He's not a wordsmith is he? Suppose I'l not complain if he lives up to some of the billing, but my god, keep him away from the interviews.

At least he wasn't chewing gum this timeunsure.png .

He's not the sharpest by a long way, he desperately needs to see a dentist and that haircut's awful.....but I can forgive all that if he lives up to the expectation.

• 1 month later...

Very keen to see how he fares tonight (I think he's a cert to start).

I hope moyes "better player" means that he chooses the right time to use his vision and skill - rather than be more conservative.

I do worry that you can polish a diamond so much that there is not much left to sparkle. However I do think that Ross can get a little carried away and takes risks - very fine line.

He looked good against Stoke too. Lad who I work with is a big stoke fan and he said he was impressed with him.

Give him 90 minutes in this game, the when the likes of Gibbo are back then a loan to somewhere like Blackpool will be a good one. Sheff wed were in a bad place when he was there - no one standing up to the plate and he was on a different wavelength to the other players. I would go as far as to offer him to QPR if he got game time - Harry would be good for him.

He looked good against Stoke too. Lad who I work with is a big stoke fan and he said he was impressed with him.

Give him 90 minutes in this game, the when the likes of Gibbo are back then a loan to somewhere like Blackpool will be a good one. Sheff wed were in a bad place when he was there - no one standing up to the plate and he was on a different wavelength to the other players. I would go as far as to offer him to QPR if he got game time - Harry would be good for him.

I think both him and Duffy would be great loan signings for Wigan as I think they would both suit Martinez' style of play.

i dont think either would get into wigans side in fact im beginning to think barkley wont make it

Even I should be starting for Wigan ahead of Gary Caldwell... No idea how he plays in the Premiership.

Barkley has the technical ability to make it, he just needs to learn what its like to play week in week out.

I am a bit upset that he didnt get a minute last night, and if i am honest....a bit worried. Seeing moyes comments that he needs to mature more too.

I think a mature young star could understand that he needs to take his time. But i worry that Barkley will not take his more than limited chances too well and feel that he needs a fresh start.

I was really expecting the boards to come up the second we hit 3....when it finally came up it was Naisy? then when the game was obviously won he gave Hitz a chance and left Barkley to sit and mope. i worry that Moyes is playing hardball with a young kid that is getting frustrated and thinks he deserves a game.

Personally i dont think he is anywhere near ready for the prem, but Moysey you need to send this kid out to enjoy himself. dont let him disapear into our reserves please.

I am not basing my thoughs on any rumours or anything though, just trying to understand whats happening.

Crystal Palace, like Blackpool when we loaned them Coleman, were playing the right way. Holloway's there again. And could be a sweetner for Zaha ;)

Crystal Palace, like Blackpool when we loaned them Coleman, were playing the right way. Holloway's there again. And could be a sweetner for Zaha wink.png

I'd loan the poor bugger to marine at the moment - Moyes was stating that he missed alot of development with his injury, I would say he's missed alot of development with appearances he could have made. Maggie Gueye, Naismith and Hitz???

If Moyes things there aren't things he can trust the lad with then let him learn the hard way - Gazza used to give the ball away stupidly for Newcastle, he kept getting played and look at how he progressed, was the 2nd best player in the world in 1990 IMO

Must say, like many others I guess, I was surprised by Moyes' subs. OK Maggie given a little go to shop-window him for on-sale maybe (was it me or did he look like he was a Pukka Pies addict?), but Hitz and Naismith??

One can only speculate as to why no Barkley, but I can understand maybe Hitz and Naisy given a little run to keep them interested in a first team place. But then they get a run most games anyhow!

Moyes obviously thinks that Barkley isn't ready yet/good enough/fit enough/doesn't have the right attitude at training etc etc. I'd go for the attitude thing personally...there's something not quite kosher about the whole Moyes/Barkley thing and Moyes is and always will be the gaffer...so he's always right.