IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Ah so moysie is going to battle for a £20m rated (add £30m) player that he only seen fit to play on the right and behind shite like a leggy phil Neville???

Seriously hope we get top 4 and piss these pricks off.

Exactly. The press in this country are a joke. Only in this country could you get a transfer story in a paper less than a week after the window has just closed. He's a boss player and clubs are going to be watching him closely we all know that but it makes my blood boil how like you say Romey, we will have to put up with this shit pretty much every week now until he goes (if he does go) because the press don't think he's good enough for Everton.

And £20m? :lol: £20m is the starting price for the laces on his boots.

Lets not go overboard when guessing any possible transfer fee, the lads played 4 prem games and half an hour in an International this season, Admittedly he is in good form at the moment, but everybody thought Rodwell was the next big star.

Lets not suffocate the lad with over the top expectation and see how the season pans out.

if Jordan Henderson was worth £16-20M then, £20M has to be the starting price for Barkley. With a bit of luck he has the good sense to spend at least 4-5 years as a starter for Everton and his value go's stratospheric. Then take it from there.

Unfortunately EVERY time we have a player who puts in good performances it is inevitable other clubs come a sniffing and the media has a transfer speculation field day. They way I look at it now is our players must be performing well on the pitch to get this sort of speculation. So in a way the more speculation on more players the better.

Lets not go overboard when guessing any possible transfer fee

The reason I say £20m is no where near good enough is because he has "potential" to be world class player. Why should we let a player go now for £20m when in a few years he could be worth £50-60m. The only reason they are coming in for him now is because they think they can get him on the cheap because he is young and unproven. I say we should rinse them for all they've got if they want him.

Anderson cost Man U £20 mil 6 years ago, Barkley is already showing better potential than him. Add on top the football Wonga style inflation of today and Barkley should be valued around £40 mil.

Or look at Oscar at Chelsea £25 mil then add an English premium plus prem experience, mega bucks!

Would anyone swap Barkley for Gareth Bale?

Well lets wait and see is all i'm saying, and refrain from throwing silly numbers into the hat.

You seem very reluctant to judge the lad as he is Bill, I'm not too sure what it is you need to see him do before you actually will credit him with the "we have a star" tag.

Tick list:-

Strong and quick with great engine
Two footed
Great shot
Very skilful dribbler
Amazing range of passing
Unbelievable vision

His value as a player right now with no further improvement is £30m - with his potential gained from finally being given a bloody go against the best he is in my mind heading for one of the very best midfielders of his type in the world, think gerrard 2005-2008 and add a bit onto it.

Maybe if Rodwell had Martinez as a manager you would see a different player. Lets be honest, under Moyes Barkley was going the same way.

Just saying wait and see thats all, ffs he's had four games. :o

I'll give you a realistic opinion at the end of the season, and i hope you are all saying the same as you are now.

Yes it's too premature for so much hyperbole or getting a little carried away. I thought Jeffers was going to be a world class player when he came on the scene and look at how things turned out. As William said, I'd rather wait until end of season and see just what caliber of player we have ourselves, instead of joining the lemmings and simply saying "Barkley is the greatest thing since electricity". Too early to be giving proper judgments for some.

Well lets wait and see is all i'm saying, and refrain from throwing silly numbers into the hat.[/quote

You seem very reluctant to judge the lad as he is Bill, I'm not too sure what it is you need to see him do before you actually will credit him with the "we have a star" tag.

Tick list:-

Strong and quick with great engine

Two footed

Great shot

Very skilful dribbler

Amazing range of passing

Unbelievable vision

His value as a player right now with no further improvement is £30m - with his potential gained from finally being given a bloody go against the best he is in my mind heading for one of the very best midfielders of his type in the world, think gerrard 2005-2008 and add a bit onto it.

Maybe if Rodwell had Martinez as a manager you would see a different player. Lets be honest, under Moyes Barkley was going the same way.

Hey Haf, i think you've been on the Lemonade, the description your giving is Messi, Ronaldo,and Bale all rolled into one, not slightly over the top but grossly over the top, :Red card: behave yourself.

Considering the fate of Moses and Lukaku so far any young player already on a quality team would be nuts to move to Chelsea. That's not a knock against Chelsea. Just reality. Barkley's a lock for first-team minutes here. Not much to gain from moving to a team where gaining first-team minutes would be an uphill battle and with no promise that you won't be undermined with a big signing of another player just like they did to Lukaku with Eto'o.

Hey Haf, i think you've been on the Lemonade, the description your giving is Messi, Ronaldo,and Bale all rolled into one, not slightly over the top but grossly over the top, :Red card: behave yourself.

In all seriousness Bill I quite enjoy the woahhh hold your horses moments because up until this season a few of you didn't think he was going to be good enough for the prem, let alone the fact he is now arguably our main creative force - "Moyes knows best" etc.

It's not about let's look at the end of a season it's a case of look at what he is doing now. He is demonstrating things with a football that established internationals can't. I haven't seen a midfielder with his stature as balanced and two footed since zidane. Am I comparing him to zidane? No, but his balance and poise remind me of him.

If a 7 year old child can play the piano to a concert standard you aren't going to say "let's not get carried away here! They may only be able to play chopsticks and 3 blind mice next week" - point being he is already the player that you are hoping he will be, you just haven't seen it.

DK - in all seriousness how or why you never watched the game or indeed many of our games especially the one last night?! I would value your opinion on such a topic as in "what do you think of Barkley" you can't get an opinion reading other people's opinions.

Lets not go overboard when guessing any possible transfer fee, the lads played 4 prem games and half an hour in an International this season, Admittedly he is in good form at the moment, but everybody thought Rodwell was the next big star.

Lets not suffocate the lad with over the top expectation and see how the season pans out.

No one knows how good Rodwell is at the moment because the poor lad can't get a game. Watching him on the final game of the season he was superb. Barry couldn't get in their team either and look what he did for us at the weekend. On the Barkley issue we've not seen consistency yet but based on what we have seen and potential this is why the figures that have been mentioned are about right. I for one wouldn't except any bid for him for a few years until his potential is met and the price tag is at its maximum. Edited by barryj

No one knows how good Rodwell is at the moment because the poor lad can't get a game. Watching him on the final game of the season he was superb. Barry couldn't get in their team either and look what he did for us at the weekend. On the Barkley issue we've not seen consistency yet but based on what we have seen and potential this is why the figures that have been mentioned are about right. I for one wouldn't except any bid for him for a few years until his potential is met and the price tag is at its maximum.

I agree with both you and Bill. Barkley looks to be an absolute amazing talent. But, before we anoint him savior of the Western World, let's see if he can be a consistent impact player over the course of more than 4 games. We should not sell him at this point, because his value will likely go nowhere but up. As to his current value? I have no idea. It's impossible to truly value a young player because you have to value not only his performances to date, but his believed "potential/upside" as well.

As for Rodwell, that's a tough one to answer. The lad has had too many injury problems to fairly evaluate him. If I had to guess though, if he could stay healthy, he could be a VERY good, effective player. A world beater? I don't think so, but a very good professional who could play for a lot of very good teams, but his name probably wouldn't be tossed around with the "elite few" players.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief, but i'll leave it there and say no more, Zinedine Zidanne. !!! :I surrender:

Zidane in terms balance and feet.... Ah forget it, you'll see before long.

Balance is nothing that can be taught or learnt, the best players in the world have had it in abundance. Barkley like zidane for a big lad has incredible balance, with his strength and pace makes him formidable.

The fear of a player becoming the next Billy Kenny, Bruno Cheyrou, Freddy Adu, Nii Lamptey etc etc seems to make some people who can't really see "proper" quality amongst a load of overhyped one trick pony exponents fear the a player will not make it if you identify how good he actually is.

Lets see... Moyes tried to dampen the expectation and ultimately didn't throw any plaudits the lads way. The result of which was a lad who in my opinion was lost and struggled to find the belief he had gained in being the best of his type through the junior ranks. This may work for a player who doesn't rely on sparky "i'm gonna have a go at running the midfield here today" mentality, a player content to do it nice and easy.

Barkley ain't that type of player, he is the type of player who needs to realise how good he is - Jags identified this. He needs to be an extrovert, he needs to know that there ain't anyone better on the pitch and you will see a performance then. Gazza suffered with an inferiority complex when he was younger, his name was Ian Bogie...

There isn't much to miss when it comes to Barkleys ability, unless you have been brainwashed by Moyes reluctance to field a player with more natural talent than any of his old favourites put together.

He ain't gonna be the player he will eventually end up to be overnight, but he will never be that player without making mistakes. Mistakes versus success is fractional at the moment, he has made more successful dribbles this season than messi and ronaldo...

Ain't gonna bother trying to justify the lads quality any further - "hype" is the wrong word, that relates to exaggeration.

Moyes never seemed to rate Ross Barkley, at least that's the impression I got. It took more of a manager from a pure footballing sense in Martinez

to give Ross the chance. As for the press story, massive pinch of salt, the lad is just starting out, no matter how rapid the progress

Got to be honest, I disagree with you SOMEWHAT (not entirely). I think Barkley's young-player type mistakes (Losing the ball too easily, subpar handling of defensive duties) led to him not seeing more time. I think Moyes was too conservative in his use of Barkley, but to be fair, a manager should be sure to nurture and not be too reliant on a 17-19 year old kid. A young player should be carefully integrated into the first team, not just thrown on one day at 17 years old and started week in week out. Moyes was too slow to give a lot of youngsters opportunity, but I'm sure he rated Barkley, any half-competent manager could see Barkley's talent. I can see why Barkley hardly featured in the 2011/2012 season, but he should've featured more after he came back from Sheffield Wednesday (which was a good move sending him there in my opinion).

I hate how youngsters are always compared to Rooney, Gazza, etc.. It's unfair to them and puts too much pressure on them, but is an inevitable occurrence.

Good advice, fair play to gerrard. He has a good 6 years before he needs to even think about moving. Only then should it be a real or barca.

No, he should then decide to spend his career at Everton ;)

Nice bit of advice Gerrard gave, interesting seeing that and Carragher suggesting that Wayne Rooney should come back here while writing for The Daily Mail.

Maybe we will be able to see those together... Wouldn't that be incredible.