IGNORED

Ross Barkley

On red cafe those arrogant sods are giving it the "yeah lets sign him in the summer and him and Januzai are gonna be ace"....

Do they not realise that he was actually a great player in the making before moyes dropped him and sent him on loans to clubs where his brain was too advnced for his team mates? I would love to see united finish around 8th spot, lose RVP and Rooney and basically be left with a side that needs 10 class signings = £200m investment.

saw that last night...a big reason why utd fans piss others off..the arrogance is astounding

You'd love it here in the States, Man U and Chelsea are the two most popular clubs, because most people are glory hunters and Man U is the only club they know, OR they are under the delusion that Chelsea is a big club (isn't that insane?).

I don't know, man. To me, it certainly seems like there are more Liverpool and Arsenal fans in the US. This, of course, changes depending upon which age bracket you're looking at. Definitely more younger Chelsea fans than Liverpool fans.

I don't know, man. To me, it certainly seems like there are more Liverpool and Arsenal fans in the US. This, of course, changes depending upon which age bracket you're looking at. Definitely more younger Chelsea fans than Liverpool fans.

I'll take some credit seeing as my in-laws and any other relatives / friends over in the US usually get an Everton shirt :lol: Im responsible for at least 7 Evertonians in Phoenix AZ, though not sure they follow the club (or wear the shirts for that matter :dry: ) but im trying!

I'll take some credit seeing as my in-laws and any other relatives / friends over in the US usually get an Everton shirt :lol: Im responsible for at least 7 Evertonians in Phoenix AZ, though not sure they follow the club (or wear the shirts for that matter :dry: ) but im trying!

I wish you were in my family, as I've got a new Everton shirt on my Christmas list every year. Hoping for an away shirt with Deulofeu on the back this year!

:wub:

Im over in AZ in April. If you want to order something to the UK, I can bring it over in April and post it internally if you want?

Thanks for the offer! If the shirts end up super cheap sometime around then, I may take you up on that and get the home or 3rd shirt. But, as of right now, my body can't wait that long to wear at least one of this year's shirts!

It probably varies some from region to region. In my area it seems like ManU and Arsenal fans are by far the two groups I run into most often, followed by Chelsea and Spurs. I don't see as many Liverpool fans, and not many City bandwagoners yet either, although I'm sure that will change if they keep spending money like this for the next ten years. The rest of the league is mostly ignored, although one of my friends actually adopted West Ham a few years ago despite my best efforts to talk him out of it. While I may fault his taste, at least he's the one person who will never be accused of bandwagon-jumping.

It probably varies some from region to region. In my area it seems like ManU and Arsenal fans are by far the two groups I run into most often, followed by Chelsea and Spurs. I don't see as many Liverpool fans, and not many City bandwagoners yet either, although I'm sure that will change if they keep spending money like this for the next ten years. The rest of the league is mostly ignored, although one of my friends actually adopted West Ham a few years ago despite my best efforts to talk him out of it. While I may fault his taste, at least he's the one person who will never be accused of bandwagon-jumping.

I hear you on that. My friends support the weirdest clubs. I have a friend who had supported Man U since childhood who switched his allegiance to Cardiff while they were in the championship. Another good friend has been a West Ham supporter for a decade or so now. I've even run into Norwich supporters!

This was my favourite part -

"Someone once told me that you could tell which foot a player favoured by getting them to take a penalty - the one they used would tell you if a player was right footed or left footed," says Hall.

"The first time I asked Ross to take penalties he took four - two with each foot - and he scored them all."

So what's the feeling about his longterm future at Everton from fans?...I read he is a local lad & close to his mother but his agency also employs Moyes' son, any doubts about him pulling a Rooney?

Would be a shame obviously, especially since I think him & Martinez could do very well together and they probably are working together at the ideal points in both their careers

Edited by FCBarça

Just got to hope he is more level headed than Rooney. I don't think Moyes enjoyed a good relationship with Wayne, it was clear they didn't get on and Rooney was very immature and threw his toys out the pram.

Barkley look to have a more mature way about him, he is more receptive to good advice and must love playing for Martinez. Martinez was born to be his manager and Barkley was born to be his player.

Looking back the rooney situation was circus, we were a one kid team... he had too much influence and I think Moyes seen that as a threat. To be fair I think Rooney had to be sold... we couldn't give him what he needed and he was in danger of becoming to egotistical. I do think it may well be on Rooneys agenda to play for us again - he's won trophies, he has unfinished business with us.

Barkley will be here as long as we can afford to reject the ridiculous money teams may be prepared to pay for him. At this rate he will be the most expensive english player in history - £50m plus.

made me smile a lot, especially the Daily Post article. Independent saying we'll offer him a pay rise (OK) but only 1 year extension?! He should be put on a big 5-7yr contract with a minimum release clause of 50m, just as a statement of intent and trust in him!

Memo to Moyes...

“The tactical side of it has happened naturally under the gaffer. It’s never been complicated.

“We haven’t stood there scratching our heads because we’re all good players. We know what he wants.”

“I knew when I heard Martinez was coming in I’d get my chance this season,” he says. “I’d seen the way he was with Callum McManaman and James McCarhthy at Wigan, that he gives young players their chance.

“I knew I was the type of player to suit him because he’s a really tactical manager who likes to build up the play. So I felt confident this could be the season I’d break through.”

I love that!

BARKLEY ON LUKAKU

“Me and Rom get on great on and off the pitch, and we talk a lot during games saying, “We need to do something now to get it going, get the fans going”..things like that. We like to play it between eachother, or get it out to the wide men and both get in the box.

“We’re both benefiting from being in the team together – he helps me and vice versa.

It’s the same with all the team – from Jags to Gerard (Deulofeu).”

Thats also really encouraging to hear!

“I knew when I heard Martinez was coming in I’d get my chance this season,” he says. “I’d seen the way he was with Callum McManaman and James McCarhthy at Wigan, that he gives young players their chance.

“I knew I was the type of player to suit him because he’s a really tactical manager who likes to build up the play. So I felt confident this could be the season I’d break through.”

I love that!

These lines stuck out most to me. A lot of players could worry about their future witht the arrival of a new manager, but Barkley took it as an opportunity to prove himself. I love his confidence!