IGNORED

Ross Barkley

It's a fine line isn't it. Like you, I thought he should have passed it and after seeing it again I still think he should have played Lukaku in. However he scored a beautiful goal by being selfish and arrogant if you like. If he would have missed, we would be criticising his decision making and not passing. As I said, fine line! Lovely goal though and won't complain!

I was screaming at the screen for him to do just that.

It's a fine line isn't it. Like you, I thought he should have passed it and after seeing it again I still think he should have played Lukaku in. However he scored a beautiful goal by being selfish and arrogant if you like. If he would have missed, we would be criticising his decision making and not passing. As I said, fine line! Lovely goal though and won't complain!

I was screaming at the screen for him to do just that.

I think if Coloccini hadn't slipped on his arse we'd be having a different conversation tbh, but he did and Ross slotted it home fortunately.

This goal reminded me of a young Cristiano Ronaldo at united. http://www.goal-247.com/FootballVideos/View/4790/Newcastle-0-1-Everton---Goal-Barkley-22 Amazing!

it is great technique to finish on his weaker side after such a long run..great credit to gerry for the flick too

lovin the shush to the newcastle fans as well...good lad! :lol:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/467479/There-are-no-words-for-Ross-Barkley-Roberto-Martinez-hails-breathtaking-Toffees-star

I wonder which manager would weigh him down with instructions?... Over to you, Haf :P.

Mikel arteta said it when he went to arsenal... Something along the lines of he now has one or two clear instructions, not 6 or 7.

I do wonder how the likes of Lionel messi, zidane, ronaldo, best, pele became great players without having moysie place his right hand on their shoulder and talk downwards to them in a highly instructional manner.

Edited by Hafnia

I like the look of Mutch. I think he could be great next to McCarthy, i hope we are in for him if/when Cardiff go down. But to suggest he is better than Barkley is an absolute joke!

Didnt realise Mutch was so young. He is one of 3 Cardiff players Id steal

There was a lot of negativity last summer at this forum about buying McCarthy, because he played for a team that was relegated. Surely players on relegated teams are not good enough for the Prem! I disagreed then, and I disagree now. Teams are relegated for many reasons - poor management/coaching, lack of squad depth, unfortunate injuries, and so on - and some of their players are very good. It would be quite a decent and cost-effective strategy to steal the best players from the bottom teams. I can think of a few players in the relegation-threatened teams that would fit well at Everton.

There was a lot of negativity last summer at this forum about buying McCarthy, because he played for a team that was relegated. Surely players on relegated teams are not good enough for the Prem! I disagreed then, and I disagree now.

Wouldn't have any of Cardiffs players.... Potential to be Champions League standard?

As I said....

"It is good he is not guaranteed a World Cup place, because, at the World Cup, experience of big games is important, in terms of the number of games you have behind you," he said.

The same man who recommended Walcott to go.

To be honest he's said he's one of the best he's seen. Also he does mention that a World Cup squad should have one or two inexperienced players not five or six. Whether he sees Barkley as one of the two he doesn't mention. Edited by MiguelCotto