IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I don't understand that. If he's not going to sign (with a year left), are we not better putting a more realistic (£30m) valuation on him with the hope of someone meeting it. Then to value him out of a move, He stays for another year and looks half arsed whilst running down his contract to leave for free?

Big blue though eh? Coward more like.

If it's true then his way of doing things is worse than Lukaku in my eyes - at least with Rom you know where you stand, and always have. This little shit is too afraid of getting people on his back to tell the truth. He can take his mental flimsiness elsewhere.

I fail to understand his reasoning if it's true......At his boyhood club with the future looking brighter and brighter? There must be an underlying issue here. I don't believe for one minute he'd turn his back on the club in this manner! Greedy advisors? Or pushed out?

This does not make any sense....

The tone around his contract has been odd from the get go.... in the latter part of 2016 it wasn't a priority... in March it hadn't been discussed.... in April it was supposedly offered and in may he was getting ultimatums.

We sat on our hands intentionally or not intentionally... and as a result turned the urgency to sign on Ross.

ONE VERSION of the story is he wants £100k.... fair enough I think. You would think that if the club are demanding £50m for him then he would be considered a £100k a week player.

It wouldn't be the first time Everton have pulled something like this.

Informal discussions would have been held a while ago, whilst the formal contract offer may of only came in April.

No.

Koeman basically came out saying that Barkley had to earn the right to get a new contract offered. In December he said the new contract wasn't a priority....

Yet at the same time the club was offering lukaku £150k and he had an extra year to run.

This does not make any sense....

The tone around his contract has been odd from the get go.... in the latter part of 2016 it wasn't a priority... in March it hadn't been discussed.... in April it was supposedly offered and in may he was getting ultimatums.

We sat on our hands intentionally or not intentionally... and as a result turned the urgency to sign on Ross.

ONE VERSION of the story is he wants £100k.... fair enough I think. You would think that if the club are demanding £50m for him then he would be considered a £100k a week player.

It wouldn't be the first time Everton have pulled something like this.

Maybe he's been stalling all along and the club have opted to take the stance of saying nothing so the fans don't get on his back but now it's getting to the last 12 months they've no option but to be truthful about it.

Seriously... some fans have short memories.

Arteta signs £70k a week deal and goes to arsenal for less wages at a £10m sale price when he was worth far more.

Gary speed RIP.... made to look a villain for going to Newcastle.

Rooney.... of course we did everything to keep him despite the money bring needed to survive. Bollocks...

There is far more to this than meets the eye.

It wouldn't surprise me in the very slightest if his transfer out was arranged last year. I was told something at the weekend that suggested this.

Maybe it was Ross Barkley who didn't want to discuss the contract?

Maybe when Koeman says 'it's not a priority' in December, that's because of things that Barkley had said.

Maybe....maybe...maybe...no one really knows. Let's not be butt hurt because the clubs diamond might want to go elsewhere.

Quite simply, he is replaceable.

Ok.... so it may well be true that we have offered him less than the £100k a week that he wants.

If we have offered him less than £100k a week but we are asking for £50m for him... then the club are forcing him out. Simple as that. Any player costing over £30m will be on wages in excess of £100k a week.

Ok.... so it may well be true that we have offered him less than the £100k a week that he wants.

If we have offered him less than £100k a week but we are asking for £50m for him... then the club are forcing him out. Simple as that. Any player costing over £30m will be on wages in excess of £100k a week.

This is spot on.

Or he's wanting what we've offered Lukaku. And if that's the case then it's right that we're not giving in IMO.

Barkley is very likely to become Jeffers 2.

The reason I say this is I really do not believe he is as good as he thinks he is. He has believed the media hype.

I have no wish to deride any player who wants to do well for himself, but looking at his situation without any bias I can not see him emulating Rooney. Everton suits him, and if he can't see that, good luck to him as he is going to need all the luck he can get.

I expect his advisors know that any big players coming in this season will be on a decent wedge as well. He doesn't want to be signing a contract for 80k, when we are paying 100k plus to attract a nee player away from one of the top 6.

He will sign eventually.