IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I don't know about everyone else but I've just gotten completely burned out over transfers in general.

I used to enjoy seeing who might go where but it's just too much now. We have transfer sagas that last for 2 seasons sometimes, it's just a joke.

I have a similar feeling but mine comes solely from the Lukaku saga that has been going on for 2 or 3 years. Plus this Barkley stuff. Just now it's peaked, and it's become tiresome.

However, I'm fickle like all footy fans...a couple of quality signings will wet the appetite again!!!

^^^ This.

I don't know about everyone else but I've just gotten completely burned out over transfers in general.

I used to enjoy seeing who might go where but it's just too much now. We have transfer sagas that last for 2 seasons sometimes, it's just a joke.

Yep.

It feels really odd if I'm honest. I should be desperate for him to stay and be spitting feathers at the thought of him playing for another club.

Article in Telegraph Sport today. Heading: 'Lack of midfield control cost us dear, concedes Southgate'.

Southgate is quoted: We've obviously gone into this game without Wilshere, Henderson, Drinkwater, Delph, if you are looking at English players playing. There's no one else.

Barkley didn't get a single mention in the article.

Article in Telegraph Sport today. Heading: 'Lack of midfield control cost us dear, concedes Southgate'.

Southgate is quoted: We've obviously gone into this game without Wilshere, Henderson, Drinkwater, Delph, if you are looking at English players playing. There's no one else.

Barkley didn't get a single mention in the article.

Jamie Redknapp has been saying how it's crazy that Barkley isn't in that squad. I know I'm pretty cool on Barkley, but he should be in there.

Another Telegraph Sport article on the England mid-field today. The latest is that Southgate is considering playing Stones in mid-field, so a player playing out of position is preferred to Ross. Ross,again, doesn't get a mention in the article.

Sure I've mentioned that before. Think he'd be better there. Him a Dier would make a formidable "Wall" in front of any back line. His mistakes wouldn't lead directly to a goal but his ability to 'play the ball' is better than most DMs, it's worth a go.

Then you play an attacking 3 of Lallana, Alli and whoever he fancies at the time. With Kane up top.

Forster

Clyne - Keane - Cahill - Rose

Dier - Stones

Barkley - Alli - Lallana

Kane

Think that's an incredibly strong and interchangeable team.

agree, always saw Stones as a DCM rather than a CB

Stones isn't a midfielder. Having him and Dier alongside each other is the most negative set up I have ever seen. Bonkers.

He hasn't been tested there? Dier was NEVER a midfielder, it worked out OK for him.

If you have the ability and the attributes to succeed there, why not?

He hasn't been tested there? Dier was NEVER a midfielder, it worked out OK for him.

If you have the ability and the attributes to succeed there, why not?

I don't think Stones has the skillset. Just because he is comfortable on the ball doesn't mean he can play in midfield. In my opinion his best position would be the old fashioned sweeper who could bring the ball into midfield. He wants the whole picture ahead of him.