IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Really hoping it's not true and he signs a new contract. We could use him as depth. If he's okay going to Spurs and sitting on the bench then surely he'd be okay being in rotation here. Maybe he just wants a change of scenery.

Regardless, I'll be happy to see this sorted and the speculation over.

I can't get my head around all these personal terms agreed stories these days, but no fee agreed.

Surely it's that the clubs agree a fee...then selling club says to said player 'off you go, go sort your contract out....'

Otherwise, every fucker is technically being tapped up!!!

I can't get my head around all these personal terms agreed stories these days, but no fee agreed.

Surely it's that the clubs agree a fee...then selling club says to said player 'off you go, go sort your contract out....'

Otherwise, every fucker is technically being tapped up!!!

If clubs know it's going to be a long negotiation on the fee then I'm sure they can simply give the player permission to discuss personal terms with the buying club to speed things up for when/if a fee is agreed.

Ross Barkley wants £150,000-a-week to join Tottenham — more than they pay their star striker Harry Kane.

Spurs have baulked at the Everton midfielder’s pay demands, as Kane, winner of back-to-back Premier League Golden Boots, and their captain and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris are only on around £120,000-per-week each.

Ross Barkley wants £150,000-a-week to join Tottenham — more than they pay their star striker Harry Kane.

Spurs have baulked at the Everton midfielder’s pay demands, as Kane, winner of back-to-back Premier League Golden Boots, and their captain and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris are only on around £120,000-per-week each.

If it's true he needs to sack his agent - filling his head with absolute bollocks.

And people think we are skint no wonder bale left. Kane on 150k?? He needs to fire his agent, Sanchez is gonna get 275k a week.

Perspective helps here with ross. We offered 100k a week which now seeing loris and Kane two of the best in the league feels like a stretch. If he has turned us down then don't let the door hit you on the way out ross. Money can't buy everything

Maybe he doesn't want to go but feels he is being shown the door?

So if I have to go, then this is what I want.

Asking to be Spurs' highest earner would be an absolute joke.

If the media are to be believed we offered him 100k a week. Surely no one, apart from his idiotic agent, believes he should have been offered more?

Surely you can see that no footballer is worth their wage.

And also you can easily see that when discussing a contract, you ask for what you want and not what you at worth.

Barkley doesn't strike me as a hardball type person. His agent may be.

Of course they're not, but there's no way that Barkley should be offered more than we offered Lukaku. He would've been more than worth that sort of money, Barkley though? Not a chance. I'd rather lose him if that's the sticking point.

Edited by Romey 1878

Of course they're not, but there's no way that Barkley should be offered more than we offered Lukaku. He would've been more than worth that sort of money, Barkley though? Not a chance. I'd rather lose him if that's the sticking point.

I'd like to see a hypothetical league table with where we would've finished without Rosscoe's key passes and assists if you are going to make OUTRAGEOUS claims like that sir :P

I'd like to see a hypothetical league table with where we would've finished without Rosscoe's key passes and assists if you are going to make OUTRAGEOUS claims like that sir :P

Hypothetical league tables mean fuck all though, only reality matters. Put that fishing rod away before Shukes comes riding in to whoop your arse ;).

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-ross-barkley-tottenham-transfer-13353109

Hypothetical league tables mean fuck all though, only reality matters. Put that fishing rod away before Shukes comes riding in to whoop your arse ;).

Haha I get what you mean, I do.

I would just like to hear what's really happened that's all.

Is Ross demanding more money or not?

Are the club trying to force him out or not?

There's many questions that we don't have answers to.

I will say I have a soft spot for Ross, and that's priobably why I do seem to be on the defensive when it comes to him.

I would just be happy if you all agreed with me that Ross is the premier leagues top midfielder. Which he is... im right!

I like Ross but I do believe people are blinded by the fact he is a local lad, we all want to see the local lads do well but he really hasn't kicked on. 1 good game in every 10 isn't good enough for where we want to be going. I'm with Bill on this, he doesn't warrant the reported (now quashed) £150k p/w.

I'm blinded by the fact he's typically at the start, middle or end of every creative thing we do.

Problem is that most fans want either a goal or an assist..... nothing else matters on a pitch.

Last season ross didn't set the world on fire, but still had a good season. Yet we want to let him go.

Read a few Spurs forums and found that most of them believe he is at the wrong club and that if he goes there, he will become one of the best in the prem.