IGNORED

Ross Barkley

If the club didn't want him to stay and weren't trying to get him to stay then why, even after he told Koeman in April of his intentions, did they put him on the kit launch? No for me we have tried to make him stay, he wants to go and we have finally given up and will now either make money on him or keep him for a year and lose him on a free.

Because we are bound by contracts to ensure players like Barkley who have a big media pull are wearing the sponsors name.

Simple as that.

I don't think anyone's saying we shouldn't be trying to improve the squad. Of course we should.

People are just pointing out the facts that's all. Right or wrong, Ross was publically criticised.

Would that work for yourself personally? Or would you prefer your washing to be kept private? Each person is different. The best man managers see this and are able to treat each person as an individual.

Before I get Padded,... I am not blaming one party, just pointing out that both party's may have made mistakes. They are only human after all.

You're not getting anything Shukes. The only thing I took up was the fact you said the club should have done more to keep him then accused me of constantly defending them all the time.

Fact is, I don't and I also don't think the club could have done any more other than offer him a good contract and publicly say they want him to stay.

Why he wont is irrelevant really, he wont sign so it's entirely his choice, the club aren't pushing him out it's a ridiculous notion imo, why would they deliberately let a player they could get 40 million for run his contract down to push him out? They'd get him to sign first so they were in a strong position to negotiate a good fee not run the risk of losing him for nothing.

Everytime i pop in here im hoping someone has offered us some money for Barkley but everytime i read the same tired arguments from both sides.

You can write "fact" infront of everything you write. Does not make it a fact. The only thing we can ALL be sure of is that none of us know whats going on.

Rest is speculation and quite boring if im honest

You're not getting anything Shukes. The only thing I took up was the fact you said the club should have done more to keep him then accused me of constantly defending them all the time.

Fact is, I don't and I also don't think the club could have done any more other than offer him a good contract and publicly say they want him to stay.

Why he wont is irrelevant really, he wont sign so it's entirely his choice, the club aren't pushing him out it's a ridiculous notion imo, why would they deliberately let a player they could get 40 million for run his contract down to push him out? They'd get him to sign first so they were in a strong position to negotiate a good fee not run the risk of losing him for nothing.

Agree. Plus he has one more year left. What makes it so bad that he was offered a new contract in April? It's ridiculous to think that the management showed some negative attitude towards Barkley. He was criticized at times not for not being good, but that he should improve. Isn't that every talented young player should do? I mean improve? Koeman showed that he respects Barkley's talent, by giving him 3000 PL minutes last season, although he wasn't good at times when he should have been dropped. Giving him a bit of stick here and there that's because he want to make him better. Ambitious personalities will react positively to criticism giving them additional inspiration to work harder and reach their best, but that's not the case with Barkley. His development stagnated and he's OK with that. Farewell to him. Eventually he'll realize that his only enemy is he himself, not Koeman, not the club nor the fans.

Because we are bound by contracts to ensure players like Barkley who have a big media pull are wearing the sponsors name.

Simple as that.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say it might have something to do with his commercial value at selling shirts.

I fully get what your both saying, however, if we wanted to really pull in commercial value then why didn't we use Lukaku? We still had him at the time? No because he was going. Koeman said Barkley told him in April he wants to leave, yet we used him. I get we used the "local lads" but if it was just about getting the most shirts sold then we would have used Lukaku, Coleman, Bolasie etc. apart from Everton fans not many will know of Kenny (pre summer world cup win).

The board and manager probably was still trying to convince him to stay hence why we kept on having to wait and wait for news regarding him. In the end he hasn't changed his mind and will now be leaving this or next summer.

Edited by aaron

I fully get what your both saying, however, if we wanted to really pull in commercial value then why didn't we use Lukaku?

I'm going to take another wild stab in the dark and say because he announced staying wasn't an option before the full launch.

I'm going to take another wild stab in the dark and say because he announced staying wasn't an option before the full launch.

Exactly my point. Barkley told Koeman he wanted to leave at the end of the season. So why did we use him unless we was trying to persuade him to stay? Yes the commercial shite played a part but clearly if we aren't cashing in on Bolasie who has a huge African following, Coleman who is the Ireland captain, Schniederlan etc then the commercial aspect couldn't of mattered that much.

Agree. Plus he has one more year left. What makes it so bad that he was offered a new contract in April? It's ridiculous to think that the management showed some negative attitude towards Barkley. He was criticized at times not for not being good, but that he should improve. Isn't that every talented young player should do? I mean improve? Koeman showed that he respects Barkley's talent, by giving him 3000 PL minutes last season, although he wasn't good at times when he should have been dropped. Giving him a bit of stick here and there that's because he want to make him better. Ambitious personalities will react positively to criticism giving them additional inspiration to work harder and reach their best, but that's not the case with Barkley. His development stagnated and he's OK with that. Farewell to him. Eventually he'll realize that his only enemy is he himself, not Koeman, not the club nor the fans.

Yep- in my opinion, thinking the club are trying to push him out is absolutely ridiculous. What business in it's right mind neglects a 40 million pounds pus assett because it doesn't want him around?

They would get the contract signed (like they did with Gibson) and then let him fight for his place then not play him as much then sell him.

Would be a bit shithousery to the fans if we put Barkley on the branding, almost encouraging fans to get his name on their shirt if they knewes he wouldn't sign a new contract.

Well we did do that in essence, that is unless we thought we might have a chance to change his mind. We have since removed him from these advertisements. Someone tweeted a picture of a kids football magazine which had a full page spread of us advertising our kit, one notable person was no longer on it....

I am Pad, your not getting it mate. Your trying to change my opinion.... not gonna happen friend. And I mean that respectfully mate.

I see what you mean and I get it. It's not difficult to understand where your coming from, I just see it differently.

I am NOT blaming the club.

My personal opinion is that it could have been handled better. That's my interpretation. Not saying they have done anything wrong, just that I feel it could have been handled better.

The facts are what they are. Black and white is just that.

Koeman being diplomatic and telling us half story's is factual to me.

If I tell you that Haf has private messaged me and said that he is upset at Lukaku leaving and he wishes he would have stayed just one more season... that's not fact.

If I tell you he has messages me what a total wanker Lukaku is on the other hand.....

Yes you got it, that's not fact either.

Again... I am not going to change my mind because of what you or anyone think, or how you interpret it. I will wait and see what happens.

If it comes out Barkley has been a total twat, then I am big enough to call him out for it. But as of today, he hasn't even handed in a transfer request, which I see as a good thing btw. I hate it when local lads hand in a TR as it makes us look like they are desperate to get away.... how anyone can think that is good for us is beyond belief to me.

Edit: Pad my point was I thought they are both to blame. I admit to making a comment about your defence of them over anything anyone says negative. But I honestly feel that you see red and don't see the other side sometimes.

I did say both mate.

Edited by Shukes

I wonder what Barkleys family think when they attend games?

Anyone aware of the stick frank lampard got from west ham fans that drove him away?

If he was related to me I would tell him to move for his own sanity.

they've told him fuck loyalty money is the most important thing in life. stevie gerrard pulling you aside at england (when you would actually get called up) and saying stay with your boyhood club lad, it's the best. fuck that, stevie g was pedestrian and knows nothing. remember rooney one of your idols as a kid, he's back, but fuck playing with him your better than that, you're ross barkley, a worldie. can't get into an england side? no problem, you are surely top 5 in the league at your position, should make that 120k+ a week without a doubt and should walk into the tops sides. Everton? small time, you're big time ross, no need for this tiny club anymore. Chelsea, Spurs, United, Arsenal, these are the clubs you deserve to play at. Academy? who cares, loyalty is for idiots, just go where the money is, Loic Remy that's the role model. Tired of the thugs getting mad you're stealing their girlfriends? move to another city, more birds to shag and thugs to fuck off.

Anyone aware of the stick frank lampard got from west ham fans that drove him away?

The fact that you don't attend games makes this a very strange question - you're going off what people have told you - relaid information is often exaggerated.

Personally, I don't hear a lot of moans in the Lower Gwladys and at away games, I'd say he's the main player to sing about. For every moan there's 100 times more people singing 'We've got a diamond...'. There's the banners in the Gwladys Street. He gets stick, yes, but every single other player does.

It's easy to read into the saga with what reason fits for you but the fact is none of us know the real reason that Barkley has not signed the contract on offer (whether it's been on offer since last April or February 2016).

Blame it on Koeman, blame it on Barkley, blame it on his agent, blame it on the city, blame it on the fans - hopefully we'll know reasons one day but until then it's all speculation.

See this is my bug bear with you Haf, all the time you hear and believe what you want to nelieve but if it's something that displeases you you refute the same thing.

You go on all the time about the stick Barkley gets when I can tell you it's not as bad as most make out. Yes he gets stick but so do most players, you completely ignore the fact there's videos of thousands of blues singing his song at the top of their lungs so it more than balances out.

Same with the contract- Koeman has said the contracts a good one and he wants him to stay but this is apparently smoke and mirrors on some wild conspiracy to push a player out that could earn the club tens of millions of pounds in sales.

When it was Lukaku nobody knew the details of his contract but you were happy to go along with 150k a week to use as a battering ram to hit him with, when it's Barkley we don't know the details of the contract so we shouldn't judge.

Lukaku olened his mouth- yes he did but at least he was honest and had zero attachment to the club, Barkleys been quiet so that makes it all fine when actually it doesn't. What does it matter when we offered him the contract, he was offered one, if he wanted to sign it he would sign it whether it was offered last year or yesterday.

Your double standards and blatant ignoring of facts for one then you are happy to go along with exactly the same things you dismiss out of hand when it suits your agenda.

I am Pad, your not getting it mate. Your trying to change my opinion.... not gonna happen friend. And I mean that respectfully mate.

I see what you mean and I get it. It's not difficult to understand where your coming from, I just see it differently.

I am NOT blaming the club.

My personal opinion is that it could have been handled better. That's my interpretation. Not saying they have done anything wrong, just that I feel it could have been handled better.

The facts are what they are. Black and white is just that.

Koeman being diplomatic and telling us half story's is factual to me.

If I tell you that Haf has private messaged me and said that he is upset at Lukaku leaving and he wishes he would have stayed just one more season... that's not fact.

If I tell you he has messages me what a total wanker Lukaku is on the other hand.....

Yes you got it, that's not fact either.

Again... I am not going to change my mind because of what you or anyone think, or how you interpret it. I will wait and see what happens.

If it comes out Barkley has been a total twat, then I am big enough to call him out for it. But as of today, he hasn't even handed in a transfer request, which I see as a good thing btw. I hate it when local lads hand in a TR as it makes us look like they are desperate to get away.... how anyone can think that is good for us is beyond belief to me.

Edit: Pad my point was I thought they are both to blame. I admit to making a comment about your defence of them over anything anyone says negative. But I honestly feel that you see red and don't see the other side sometimes.

I did say both mate.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, I'm defending my own and the accusation that I always defend the board.

The fact that you don't attend games makes this a very strange question - you're going off what people have told you - relaid information is often exaggerated.

Personally, I don't hear a lot of moans in the Lower Gwladys and at away games, I'd say he's the main player to sing about. For every moan there's 100 times more people singing 'We've got a diamond...'. There's the banners in the Gwladys Street. He gets stick, yes, but every single other player does.

It's easy to read into the saga with what reason fits for you but the fact is none of us know the real reason that Barkley has not signed the contract on offer (whether it's been on offer since last April or February 2016).

Blame it on Koeman, blame it on Barkley, blame it on his agent, blame it on the city, blame it on the fans - hopefully we'll know reasons one day but until then it's all speculation.

First sentance... do me a favour.

I need no ticket stubs to validate my knowledge of this fact. Nor do I need many more ticket stubs than I accumulated over 30 years of watching the blues to need to rise to such shite.

Exaggerated? You actually hear it on tv. My brother doesn't miss a game - he's not fussed on Barkley but finds the abuse from the top balcony even concerning enough that grown men have clashed over it.

Mate has his season ticket where I had mine in park endvandvsais it's completely OTT.

Deny it all you want.... maybe you are among civilised fans.

Edited by Hafnia

See this is my bug bear with you Haf, all the time you hear and believe what you want to nelieve but if it's something that displeases you you refute the same thing.

You go on all the time about the stick Barkley gets when I can tell you it's not as bad as most make out. Yes he gets stick but so do most players, you completely ignore the fact there's videos of thousands of blues singing his song at the top of their lungs so it more than balances out.

Same with the contract- Koeman has said the contracts a good one and he wants him to stay but this is apparently smoke and mirrors on some wild conspiracy to push a player out that could earn the club tens of millions of pounds in sales.

When it was Lukaku nobody knew the details of his contract but you were happy to go along with 150k a week to use as a battering ram to hit him with, when it's Barkley we don't know the details of the contract so we shouldn't judge.

Lukaku olened his mouth- yes he did but at least he was honest and had zero attachment to the club, Barkleys been quiet so that makes it all fine when actually it doesn't. What does it matter when we offered him the contract, he was offered one, if he wanted to sign it he would sign it whether it was offered last year or yesterday.

Your double standards and blatant ignoring of facts for one then you are happy to go along with exactly the same things you dismiss out of hand when it suits your agenda.

Double standards my arse. The lad has not been treated the same as lukaku one bit. His contract offer came after lukakus with less time remaining on his current deal.

He was getting criticism from koeman when it was fair to say lukaku was just as poor if not worse in some games.

Lukaku had no attachment to the club? We paid £28m for him and 1 year into a 5 year deal he was blabbing about wanting to move.

I'm sure you would be fine watching a team mate at work get a pay rise before you when all he does is moan about moving, trudge around and the boss blows sunshine up his backside and criticises you when you have both had bad days.

First sentance... do me a favour.

I need no ticket stubs to validate my knowledge of this fact. Nor do I need many more ticket stubs than I accumulated over 30 years of watching the blues to need to rise to such shite.

Exaggerated? You actually hear it on tv. My brother doesn't miss a game - he's not fussed on Barkley but finds the abuse from the top balcony even concerning enough that grown men have clashed over it.

Mate has his season ticket where I had mine in park endvandvsais it's completely OTT.

Dent it all you want.... maybe you are among civilised fans.

Fact remains, you're going off what other people are telling you. Here's another 2 people telling you that actually it's not happening how you're claiming - I need to get a proper sound bar if you're hearing it on your TV.

It's very much what you want to believe/ fits your narrative.

Double standards my arse. The lad has not been treated the same as lukaku one bit. His contract offer came after lukakus with less time remaining on his current deal.

He was getting criticism from koeman when it was fair to say lukaku was just as poor if not worse in some games.

Lukaku had no attachment to the club? We paid £28m for him and 1 year into a 5 year deal he was blabbing about wanting to move.

I'm sure you would be fine watching a team mate at work get a pay rise before you when all he does is moan about moving, trudge around and the boss blows sunshine up his backside and criticises you when you have both had bad days.

Haf- forget the contracts and players, you have double standards when it comes to what you hear and believe. You like a player then anything negative is conjecture and can't be proved. You dislike one and anything you hear or read is absolute gospel.

You do it all the time and have done throughout the Lukaku thread and now are doing it in this one.

Lukaku was offered a pay rise because he publicly stated he wanted to move- maybe Barkley never said anything so the club thought everything was fine and planned on offering him one when we did not thinking for one minute he'd refuse it.

Maybe Barkley told them he didn't want to discuss a new contract until then, Martinez not Koeman allided to this but you're claiming Koeman is the instigator.

Fact is you don't know anything of the situation yet choose to believe the negatives with the Lukaku situation whilst refutinng all facts but do the complete opposite for Barkley.

It's astounding you cannot see this.