IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Doesn't count though. I do t think they use those stats on Prem manager 2016-17. Footballs not about creating chances, it's only about scoring.... and apparently you can score without having someone create them.

Strikers who can do that cost well over 100 million, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez etc.

Normally you cant score unless someone creates chances for you and that's what Ross is good at.

Where do West Ham finish though?

Didn't the team that Ross was a huge part of, finish above them?

I think this is what people miss a lot. If a player doesn't have stats then he must be bad. Yet our own manager... who a lot of fans actually rate.... picked him for 90% of matches.

That makes Koeman either a bit of a nanna, or it could be that Koeman is actually more astute than most fans, and Ross is actually decent.

Credit to the other 10 players. Ross is the reason we never finished higher. 5 goals as your second main outlet is shocking.

Credit to the other 10 players. Ross is the reason we never finished higher. 5 goals as your second main outlet is shocking.

How many players in our side scored more? 1?

Unfortunately we aren't a side that creates bundles of chances and thankfully Rom was able to put most of them away.

Ross isn't perfect but he was our best wide player last season and outside of the top 6 clubs there isn't a better player.

Yet our own manager... who a lot of fans actually rate.... picked him for 90% of matches.
That makes Koeman either a bit of a nanna, or it could be that Koeman is actually more astute than most fans, and Ross is actually decent.

There was no other mid to play, that's why he was picked 90% of the time.

There was no other mid to play, that's why he was picked 90% of the time.

Mirallas is one... Lookman second half... Geri first half... could have played DCL or used Davies.

You can't deny that he chose to use him fairly regularly. Yes he dropped him a couple of times too but he played almost all the big games and he started after the nightclub incident when he could have easily been dropped.

Mirallas is one... Lookman second half... Geri first half... could have played DCL or used Davies.

You can't deny that he chose to use him fairly regularly. Yes he dropped him a couple of times too but he played almost all the big games and he started after the nightclub incident when he could have easily been dropped.

None of those players you've just mentioned would get in ahead of Barkley anyway, which is why I said there's nobody else to challenge for his position.

I'd play Davies ahead of him now, Ross being so poor was the reason Davis was given his chance tho they never actually played the same position.

Edited by Bill

I agree with Bill Ross played the amount of games he did mainly because there was lack of options, if Koeman could find away of replacing him for more games last season I think he would have.

It's know secret that he wasn't happy with his all round play, and he was publicly criticised more than any player, and if we had Sandro Klaassen and Rooney last season I don't think we would have hardly seen him.

There's one space as a number 10... unless Ross is gonna be a deeper midfielder then he's up against a £45m signing.

Ross is essentially a squad player for us with the intentions koeman has displayed... he's not gonna rotate or bench a £45m player.

Would he start over anyone else in a team who finished above us last season?

None of those players you've just mentioned would get in ahead of Barkley anyway, which is why I said there's nobody else to challenge for his position.

I'd play Davies ahead of him now, Ross being so poor was the reason Davis was given his chance tho they never actually played the same position.

That's not what you said though Bill. Put it this was Koeman had the chance to play Mirallas over Barkley and he rarely did. Probably tells you more about Mirallas position in the squad but he was a clear and obvious option to use instead of Ross and wasn't.

Davies was given his chance centrally because Barkley was on the right and was playing well wide. Through the centre it's no contest tbh (in Davies should start).

Edited by Bailey

So you just want one in the squad? I don't know about you but many a time over the past two seasons I've been sat there wishing we had someone else that could play there so that when Ross wasn't on it we had someone else to step in. Or wishing we had someone to take the pressure off him to deliver every single game when no one is capable of that. Yeah, Koeman is signing a player that plays there with a huge price tag but Ross should've seen that as a challenge - when he got a chance to play then give everything so that Koeman has no choice but to keep him in.

Does he think he should be a guaranteed starter here every week? Does he think he'll not have competition elsewhere? If that's his attitude then it'll honestly be good riddance, there's the door. And if any fan thinks that attitude is alright then heads need to be given a wobble.

Excellent post

So out of six players, six premier league players at our club,.... your saying Ross is the best?

I totally agree with you, though I think Davies has a much better attitude than Ross. Davies could go on to become the level we all hoped Ross would reach.

So out of six players, six premier league players at our club,.... your saying Ross is the best?

I totally agree with you, though I think Davies has a much better attitude than Ross. Davies could go on to become the level we all hoped Ross would reach.

Barkley could still go on to become the level we all hoped he would reach... sadly it may be away from EFC.

Perfect scenario or good management by the club.

If they are taking him out of the firing line then I have to respect that.

If he is injured then I could t think of a better place for arias than to be getting back to fitness next to .... Seamus Coleman. You want it straight Ross... we'll sit down and let's have a talk about effort and commitment from the future captain if Everton football club.

Perfect scenario or good management by the club.

If they are taking him out of the firing line then I have to respect that.

If he is injured then I could t think of a better place for arias than to be getting back to fitness next to .... Seamus Coleman. You want it straight Ross... we'll sit down and let's have a talk about effort and commitment from the future captain if Everton football club.

doubtful shukes, 2 different life stages. Seamus the family man, Ross man about town beating up guys and stealing thugs girlfriends. Ross is still young and in party mode, like most people in that stage of life advice falls on deaf ears.

doubtful shukes, 2 different life stages. Seamus the family man, Ross man about town beating up guys and stealing thugs girlfriends. Ross is still young and in party mode, like most people in that stage of life advice falls on deaf ears.

Ye I know what you mean, but he's not a kid anymore is he and it's about time he had a good talking too and listened.

Your right, he might not have it between the ears, but with people like Seanus and Rooney... is there anywhere else better for him?

SSP showing a clip of him back in training today with his teammates. Not sure if the article is fake or just regurgitating news from his earlier groin injury.