IGNORED

Ross Barkley

The fact they put him as a 21 year old means the article is a nothing.

Be interesting though if he does have a bad tear. It puts him in no man's land.

Bit bad for us too as definitely very little, if any fee, for him if he's out for a few months.

No-one has picked up on it here but Joyce suggests that the public "encouragement" by Koeman about Ross, has caused serious friction between the two.

For me, Koeman was saying so in order to drive Ross to be better and more consistent than he was. He didn't like the challenge and has thrown a hissy imo. I'm probably not the only person to think this either!

Referring directly to these tweets.https://twitter.com/EvertonBlueArmy/status/898157901457612804

I haven't read any other thread of that's what you're implying.

The thing I don't get is that Koeman wasn't saying what he was saying to be a dick or because he doesn't rate him. It was quite the opposite - he knows Ross has the ability and all he wanted to do was push him to reach his potential. He actually believes in the lad ffs. Just because he didn't have his tongue rammed up Barkley's arse doesn't mean he thinks he's shit.

I think it has mostly to do with his work-rate. The players with a low work-rate have been shipped out (Deulofeu, McGeady, etc.).

Quite possibly. No coincidence that Sigurdsson ran more than any other PL player last season.

He likes his runners does our Ron.

Ross has always said that he wants to be pushed and likes competition. You don't get as far as he has without it. The problem is more likely to be that Koeman called Ross out and not others. That would piss you off!

That is what I believe the issue is....

I recall one match where my favourite player stunk the gaff out along with Ross... but probably more so. It turned out the only person mentioned was Barkley.

As much as the lad has pissed me off as I'm firmly in the camp of him spitting his dummy out and seeing his arse I'd love to see him bite the bullet show some balls sign a deal and put it behind him

I still think he could be a very important player for us if he had come on that second half tonight I'd be fairly confident he'd have giving us an edge in the final third

It's a shame if/when he goes his career here will be tarnished, suck it up and sign on!

Edited by EFC-Paul

That is what I believe the issue is....

I recall one match where my favourite player stunk the gaff out along with Ross... but probably more so. It turned out the only person mentioned was Barkley.

Who was that? What match? I can only recall him calling him out a couple of times.

Who was that? What match? I can only recall him calling him out a couple of times.

A couple of times? I posted something the other week... a mirror article had them all. Incessant.

The game he called Barkley on where I thought lukaku was dire was the derby in December. Barkley bad tackle on henderson one.