IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Hope Ross was watching the press conference after the game. Koeman was asked about Lookman and didn't blow smoke up his arse either, was just honest as always. Ross I'm the victim Barkley can feck off to them lot over the Park (for £50m).

Yep I watched it and he had a go at Lookman and rightfully so. Too tricky and loses the ball too much. Just make one move and go or lay it off

Yep I watched it and he had a go at Lookman and rightfully so. Too tricky and loses the ball too much. Just make one move and go or lay it off

I disagree - he's 19 years old and is expressing himself. I'm fine with him taking him to one side and reviewing the game with him and coaching him on what he should have done in places where he made the wrong choice....

Talking about the kid in a press conference is unnecessary - what is there to be gained from that?

did he talk about how Rooney was offside more times in a game than is unacceptable?

My feeling is that Mr Koeman treats various players differently.

I disagree - he's 19 years old and is expressing himself. I'm fine with him taking him to one side and reviewing the game with him and coaching him on what he should have done in places where he made the wrong choice....

Talking about the kid in a press conference is unnecessary - what is there to be gained from that?

did he talk about how Rooney was offside more times in a game than is unacceptable?

He's answered the question put to him. Just like he did with Ross. I'm sure he'd not feel uncomfortable calling Rooney out if asked. Put is Barkley being upset and making out he's getting picked on by the manager when he clearly wasn't being singled out by Koeman.

Ross was meant to be our second top scoring outlet. He got 5, I can't be bothered checking but I think lulaku got 25. Barkley was rightly criticised for not being anywhere close. He's got no excuse for not doing better either, but he's a child so in his head he can't be to blame.

Edit: me typo (again), plus rant.

Edited by pete0

watch the presser. he asked "what did you think of lookman", he answered. same as ross comments. you act like he goes out of his way to comment on "his naughty list" when if you actually watched you would realize he simply answers the questions put forth to him. you love to jump to conclusions on managers. hated smith, hated moyes, hated martinez, hated koeman, i'm still not sure if you've ever liked an everton manager before.

He's answered the question put to him. Just like me did with Ross. I'm sure he'd not feel uncomfortable calling Rooney out of asked. Put is Barkley being upset and making out he's getting picked on by the manager when he clearly wasn't being singled out by Koeman.

But barkley was continually getting picked on.... look at the frequency of these quotes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ronald-koemans-criticism-ross-barkley-10782417

I wonder if journalists inject our manager and certain players with a truth drug before interviews?

It seems that supposed intelligent people have an inability to be diplomatic....

watch the presser. he asked "what did you think of lookman", he answered. same as ross comments. you act like he goes out of his way to comment on "his naughty list" when if you actually watched you would realize he simply answers the questions put forth to him. you love to jump to conclusions on managers. hated smith, hated moyes, hated martinez, hated koeman, i'm still not sure if you've ever liked an everton manager before.

wind it in MJB - I was one of the last ones to fold on Martinez till it became clear he had lost it in March 2016

I wasn't on this forum when smith was the manager - my dislike of him was retrospective after the stories of job abandonment and bullying came out. Moyes - yes.... and I was proven right.

I don't hate Koeman - I have reservations about him... is that ok with you? or would you prefer to sensationalise a little bit more?

Don't forget that Koeman let rip at the WHOLE team in his post presser last night. He was not at all happy about that 2nd half performance. Maybe the whole team will now throw a wobbler because he wasn't happy in public?

He answers questions put to him. He's honest. We've needed that honesty for a long long time. He got asked a lot about Barkley last season, and answered. He even got to the point where he acknowledged he was getting asked a lot about him and felt it was pointless him answering as it was always getting twisted.

We want honesty, until it no longer suits us, then we want bullshit again. It doesn't work that way.

wind it in MJB - I was one of the last ones to fold on Martinez till it became clear he had lost it in March 2016

I wasn't on this forum when smith was the manager - my dislike of him was retrospective after the stories of job abandonment and bullying came out. Moyes - yes.... and I was proven right.

I don't hate Koeman - I have reservations about him... is that ok with you? or would you prefer to sensationalise a little bit more?

:rofl:

Don't forget that Koeman let rip at the WHOLE team in his post presser last night. He was not at all happy about that 2nd half performance. Maybe the whole team will now throw a wobbler because he wasn't happy in public?

He answers questions put to him. He's honest. We've needed that honesty for a long long time. He got asked a lot about Barkley last season, and answered. He even got to the point where he acknowledged he was getting asked a lot about him and felt it was pointless him answering as it was always getting twisted.

We want honesty, until it no longer suits us, then we want bullshit again. It doesn't work that way.

spot on, people just believe what they want to believe nowadays regardless of fact.

My thoughts exactly. I don't even think Koeman is being undiplomatic in his responses. Don't we complain about diplomats blowing smoke anyway?

I much prefer to know exactly what's going on than to have things suger-coated.

first off - they can do with learning from the master... SAF.

He never hung players out to dry in the press..... if a journo started getting his teeth into a player SAF would shut them down straight away, that wasn't to say the player wasn't gonna get the hairdryer if they deserved it... they did.

To be fair to Moyes - he adopted a similar approach.

There is a way of being honest without targeting individuals - slate the team as a collective if you absolutely must be not the players individually.

My thoughts exactly. I don't even think Koeman is being undiplomatic in his responses. Don't we complain about diplomats blowing smoke anyway?

I much prefer to know exactly what's going on than to have things suger-coated.

Too much dishonesty in the world for my liking...dont start me off on that :lol:

It's nice to have a straight up approach around the place.

Also, Koeman is quite easy to quote what you want to from what he says as his English isn't always spot on. I think at times certain lines of what he says are deliberately segregated from his full answers. By the media I mean.

first off - they can do with learning from the master... SAF.

He never hung players out to dry in the press..... if a journo started getting his teeth into a player SAF would shut them down straight away, that wasn't to say the player wasn't gonna get the hairdryer if they deserved it... they did.

To be fair to Moyes - he adopted a similar approach.

There is a way of being honest without targeting individuals - slate the team as a collective if you absolutely must be not the players individually.

Everybody in every walk of life could learn from people like SAF. There's a reason they only come along once a generation!

Good post Newty lad, your missus havked you again :P

Problem is people think everyone are the same... they aren't.

Koeman is a good coach, he is a good man manager from what I have saw so far. But he is just as human as his players.

Some need a private word, some respond more from public comments. This isnt a strength of Koemans, just as Barkley doesn't respond well to public criticism.

But we don't know what type Lookman is yet.

But be smart. It doesn't mean Barkley is a pussy, it just means he needs treating differently..... like every player.

Excellent post and spot on

Can anyone point out one single example where Koeman has said something about Barkley that has been wrong or that 40000 Evertonians wouldn't have agreed with him on?

I just don't see why it needs to be in the public eye. It's stupidity tbh as there isn't one positive. It creates more questions, it can piss off the player and any positive effect it could have in respect of a kick up the ass could or should be said in private or in the dressing room.

Can't remember what thread I clicked the link from but this is Koeman on the Dutch league.

Those clubs are no longer taken seriously in England I like a real pitch and there are plenty of them. What I saw in the first weekend on artificial turf, it didnt really look like the Eredivisie. I cannot take it seriously anymore.

Honest and blunt. If Ross can't see past himself being a victim he can do one.

I just don't see why it needs to be in the public eye. It's stupidity tbh as there isn't one positive. It creates more questions, it can piss off the player and any positive effect it could have in respect of a kick up the ass could or should be said in private or in the dressing room.

You mean it wasn't a postiive when Koeman criticised him and then his performances improved?

Edited by Romey 1878