IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I'm with Haf on that, our hopes and expectations were for him to be the players he was likened to. Gazza, Ballack, Gerrard, different pundits have compared him to so many great players. It's almost like some fellas are mad that he never turned out as good as them. It's just unrealistic. The lad is a very very good premier league player, why not just be happy with that. There will still be a lot of coaches out there who think they could have him playing like a world beater. If we bought a player with his quality for £30m I think most would be made up, but he has to be a £50m player because we were told he would be six years ago.

Still don't see Sigurdson as an upgrade. So if he is worth 50m, then Barkley should be around the same.

He will go somewhere and shine, I'm 93.5% sure if it.

Last year of his contract, the club's hands are tied on wanting to keep him as it's reported he wants to go. It's less about the player and more about the contract and negotiating power. Only hope of collecting a fee close to 50m is a bidding war (if you believe the papers).

Last year of his contract, the club's hands are tied on wanting to keep him as it's reported he wants to go. It's less about the player and more about the contract and negotiating power. Only hope of collecting a fee close to 50m is a bidding war (if you believe the papers).

Ye don't disagree at all. Not a good situation at all.

I just hope that whoever replaces him is better or can change the way we play a bit.

Still don't see Sigurdson as an upgrade. So if he is worth 50m, then Barkley should be around the same.

He will go somewhere and shine, I'm 93.5% sure if it.

Mostly agree, but the length of time on the contracts is the reason behind the different prices I guess

Can't find the tweets now but there were several tweets with screenshots of betting suspended on Arsenal.

Still means nothing I suppose.

Means the bookies are doing their job of making money!

The odds for him to join Newcastle took off yesterday...before calming down again today.

Means the bookies are doing their job of making money!

The odds for him to join Newcastle took off yesterday...before calming down again today.

Yep- or someones lumped a shit load of money on him going to Arsenal and they've shit themselves and closed the book.

It was on Twitter also which means nothing. Can't be arsed finding them though, Twitter is horrendous for finding old tweets.

Mostly agree, but the length of time on the contracts is the reason behind the different prices I guess

Yeah Siggy is contracted until August 2020.

Apparently we've dropped our valuation to 35 million, with a year left on Barkley's contract I would expect somewhere in the region of 15-20 would be more realistic.

Edited by Chach

Yeah Siggy is contracted until August 2020.

Apparently we've dropped our valuation to 35 million, with a year left on Barkley's contract I would expect somewhere in the region of 15-20 would be more realistic.

We paid £30m for Keane who only had a year on his contract. I'd expect more for Barkley.

We paid £30m for Keane who only had a year on his contract. I'd expect more for Barkley.

Keane had a stand out season and is highly thought of.

Barkley is struggling and only shows glimpses of ability, therefore is a risk at a high price.

Edited by AidanLewis

Glimpses of ability!?

Probably our best player over the last 4 years or so since he came into the side.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

He's been average.

I mean how many evertonians are realistically devastated to see him go because of his impact on the games we play? Many will be upset because we're losing a blue, but not because he's a great asset to lose ability wise.

Season after season we hope he will show what he's got in his locker. Manager after manager we hope someone can make him grow into what we hoped.

You can't have potential forever.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

He's been average.

I mean how many evertonians are realistically devastated to see him go because of his impact on the games we play? Many will be upset because we're losing a blue, but not because he's a great asset to lose ability wise.

Season after season we hope he will show what he's got in his locker. Manager after manager we hope someone can make him grow into what we hoped.

You can't have potential forever.

Completely disagree. I'd have him startinh on the right ahead of everyone else at the moment.