IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Didn't catch that just thought he said no offers and him and McCarthy won't be included in the squad for Stoke

I don't think he'll be part of the squad tbh

Yeah him and McCarthy aren't being considered this weekend but going forward when fit they will be.

I'm not being funny but surely there would be some solid interest, even an offer, for this supposed to be highly rated English footballer?

Plenty of players get sold with a year left on their contracts. As we know. And, also as we know, when clubs are interested in a player, they go in with an offer below the supposed asking price and the haggling begins.

Highly rated players are bought when available. No matter how long is left on their contract. There is usually a queue of teams waiting to snap up such players.

How can it be that it is so well known that Barkley is available, yet no one seems to be launching a bit?

I'm not being funny but surely there would be some solid interest, even an offer, for this supposed to be highly rated English footballer?

Plenty of players get sold with a year left on their contracts. As we know. And, also as we know, when clubs are interested in a player, they go in with an offer below the supposed asking price and the haggling begins.

Highly rated players are bought when available. No matter how long is left on their contract. There is usually a queue of teams waiting to snap up such players.

How can it be that it is so well known that Barkley is available, yet no one seems to be launching a bit?

i'm wondering the same. big teams, sure wait till last minute and try and get a bargain. but i would expect the likes of West Ham, Stoke, Bournemouth, Watford, etc to at least lodge some interest and see if they could snag him. Nothing? strange.

why do it now when you can wait until the last minute to force our hand and save?

why do it now when you can wait until the last minute to force our hand and save?

Because he's supposed to be this big young English talent.

Clubs don't usually wait around for the best talent as there are many clubs who are in on the chase.

Or is it that because clubs know he is available it actually has an adverse affect so that's why they'll wait? If that makes sense.

After listening to Koeman talking about him today- how anyone can think he's trying to force him out is beyond me. Its clear Barkley wants out and that's fair enough- good luck to the lad, I genuinely hope he's happy wherever he goes but this is not down to the club not wanting him. Quite frankly, the theory the club would risk losing a 50 million pounds asset for free is laughable.

Totally agree.

Hopefully Ross is smart enough to realise that if he wants to leave then he better put himself on the window.

If he stays then he needs to have a season where he proves himself to the fans, not ability wise but attitude wise.

Did you watch the presser- he said if nobody comes in for him then he'll be in the squad and if he's one if the best 11 he will be picked. If that's not an olive branh to the lad I don't know what is.

Did you watch the presser- he said if nobody comes in for him then he'll be in the squad and if he's one if the best 11 he will be picked. If that's not an olive branh to the lad I don't know what is.

Yes agreed mate.

I hope Ross looks at it and realises the door isnt closed yet.

Still think he will have to work hard to change a lot of fans minds about him now though.

The door isn't closed for him. Would love nothing more for him to stay and fight for his place.

If he does well, hopefully he'll regain his confidence and sign a new contract and quit this nonsense of trying to leave. Then he'll realize what it means to play for a badge he actually cares about.

Let's be honest lads No one knows what the fuck has gone on.... just because koeman says no one has come in for him and he may get a place in the squad doesnt mean a thing.

One minute koeman gets praised for being straight talking.... I'm pretty sure some straight talking was done when explaining to Barkley that he was bidding in excess of £40m for someone who plays in his position.

Expect a bid to suddenly appear for him when we finally sign gylfi. A little bit like the lukaku bid.

Let's be honest lads No one knows what the fuck has gone on.... just because koeman says no one has come in for him and he may get a place in the squad doesnt mean a thing.

One minute koeman gets praised for being straight talking.... I'm pretty sure some straight talking was done when explaining to Barkley that he was bidding in excess of £40m for someone who plays in his position.

Expect a bid to suddenly appear for him when we finally sign gylfi. A little bit like the lukaku bid.

Surely you're not saying it's a bad thing that Koeman wants competition in Barkley's position? If Barkley having to fight for a place in the team is seen as a negative then that's crazy.

Just look at what Davies thinks about added competition this season. He's not running from it, he sees it as a challenge he's willing to take on. That's what Ross should see it as - "you want someone else in my position? Well, fuck you, I'm going to show you that I'm the main man and you'll have no choice but to play me".

That's the disappointing thing about it all for me.

Surely you're not saying it's a bad thing that Koeman wants competition in Barkley's position? If Barkley having to fight for a place in the team is seen as a negative then that's crazy.

Just look at what Davies thinks about added competition this season. He's not running from it, he sees it as a challenge he's willing to take on. That's what Ross should see it as - "you want someone else in my position? Well, fuck you, I'm going to show you that I'm the main man and you'll have no choice but to play me".

That's the disappointing thing about it all for me.

There's one space as a number 10... unless Ross is gonna be a deeper midfielder then he's up against a £45m signing.

Ross is essentially a squad player for us with the intentions koeman has displayed... he's not gonna rotate or bench a £45m player.

There's one space as a number 10... unless Ross is gonna be a deeper midfielder then he's up against a £45m signing.

Ross is essentially a squad player for us with the intentions koeman has displayed... he's not gonna rotate or bench a £45m player.

So you just want one in the squad? I don't know about you but many a time over the past two seasons I've been sat there wishing we had someone else that could play there so that when Ross wasn't on it we had someone else to step in. Or wishing we had someone to take the pressure off him to deliver every single game when no one is capable of that. Yeah, Koeman is signing a player that plays there with a huge price tag but Ross should've seen that as a challenge - when he got a chance to play then give everything so that Koeman has no choice but to keep him in.

Does he think he should be a guaranteed starter here every week? Does he think he'll not have competition elsewhere? If that's his attitude then it'll honestly be good riddance, there's the door. And if any fan thinks that attitude is alright then heads need to be given a wobble.

Edited by Romey 1878

I'd like to see a number 10 with the X-Factor. Someone with real pace and tricky that is willing to run and people and make things happen.

Ross or Gylfi isn't that player, but rotating those two around that type of player or playing them along side them would be ideal.

Ranked 30th for goals from midfield. Sickening potential but not hard to replace the current Ross. West Ham had four midfielders outscore him,that's how bollocks Barkley's been.

Where do West Ham finish though?

Didn't the team that Ross was a huge part of, finish above them?

I think this is what people miss a lot. If a player doesn't have stats then he must be bad. Yet our own manager... who a lot of fans actually rate.... picked him for 90% of matches.

That makes Koeman either a bit of a nanna, or it could be that Koeman is actually more astute than most fans, and Ross is actually decent.

How many chances did Barkley create tho? 4th best U23 player in Europe for goal scoring chances created.

Doesn't count though. I do t think they use those stats on Prem manager 2016-17. Footballs not about creating chances, it's only about scoring.... and apparently you can score without having someone create them.