IGNORED

Tim Cahill

I never thought I'd say this but it's fantastic news. Just wish we'd sold him a year ago and got a bit more money out of it.

I'm gutted to see him go, but agree here... He had a lot of heart for the club, but last season his legs just weren't there. All the best Tim.

I expect its more about freeing up the wages than the transfer fee. Maybe the agreement with the MLS involves Landon Donovan moving in the opposite direction? wink.png

I'd like to think so. I believe it's possible, since the MLS basically acts as one team. Then again, I doubt the Galaxy or MLS would let Donovan go for a small fee. He's big for marketing reasons. I'm still not sure how the MLS works to be honest.

I'd like to think so. I believe it's possible, since the MLS basically acts as one team. Then again, I doubt the Galaxy or MLS would let Donovan go for a small fee. He's big for marketing reasons. I'm still not sure how the MLS works to be honest.

Nor do I, although Donovan's contract expires before January unless the situation has changed there. I always understood that we never made a serious bid for him because the MLS would never let their poster boy leave. Although as we've "come to an agreement with MLS", there's every possibility that Donovan was a part of the discussions. Let's not get our hopes up though!

End of an era.

Tim Cahill has been an inspiration to Evertonians young and old in his time here, and i didn't think i would see the day come, when he would leave.

He will be a big loss to all those in the dressing room because of his love for the club, and the enthusiasm and attitude he has for us has always been so openly displayed.

Thanks Tim, have a nice relaxing time winding down, you've earned it.

End of an era.

Tim Cahill has been an inspiration to Evertonians young and old in his time here, and i didn't think i would see the day come, when he would leave.

He will be a big loss to all those in the dressing room because of his love for the club, and the enthusiasm and attitude he has for us has always been so openly displayed.

This.

End of an era.

well put bill

thanks tim

i'm glad to see him go before he becomes a joke

He goes with the best wishes of everyone, he's always been a commited blue, and has the ink to prove it.

Will always be remembered as one of the best of my generation, and the way some Liverpool fans are talking about him on social networks shows just how good he has been. They don't want to see him again!

All the best Tim!

The "great servant" tag is something given out a bit too freely, but in Tim's case it's certainly appropriate.

I'm sure he'd agree that he's not someone possessed with silky skills or will ever come close to being our best ever player, but that enthusiasm, determination, bravery, love of the club and, perhaps most of all, THAT heading ability should be what we remember him by.

Personally, I think we should hold him in much higher regard than Duncan Ferguson.

To be fair, at his age and the signs that it showing, it's a great deal for the club (particularly wages saved) and think he'll have another 3 or 4 years at the top in MLS.

One of my favourite Everton players ever, he's been the poster boy of what this club has become during Moyes' reign and goes with my best wishes. But I'm happy he's gone, not sad. Not because I don't like him any more but because it was getting painful watching his decline and I didn't want to be annoyed seeing his name in the starting 11, it's not what he deserved. Now he gets to be one of the star players of a whole league and still look like he's at the top of his game.

Good luck, Timmy.

Good luck and thanks for the memories Tim, class act.

Any young player who wants to make the most out of what they have got just needs to look at Tim, he wasn't the most technically gifted player but my word he made sure he used what he had and applied 100% in everything he did. If Barkley takes Tim's attitude and application he can be the best in the world - that is how mentally strong Cahill was for us.

Deserves all the plaudits he will get, and I'm glad he will not be here too long to hear groans and moans because he isn't up to it any more. He deserves to go with a great reputation and not a failing one.

One of my favourite Everton players ever, he's been the poster boy of what this club has become during Moyes' reign and goes with my best wishes. But I'm happy he's gone, not sad. Not because I don't like him any more but because it was getting painful watching his decline and I didn't want to be annoyed seeing his name in the starting 11, it's not what he deserved. Now he gets to be one of the star players of a whole league and still look like he's at the top of his game.

Good luck, Timmy.

This sums it up for Me also.

A cracking player and as Marco say's pound for pound We got a real bargain and a gem of player.

All the best Tim & I'm sure We will see him back in some capacity some day worship[1].gif

End of an era.

Well said Bill,

Just been on SSN, all the stand out goals he's got for us. That over head kick against Chelsea was something special! give me goosebumps! Only Gerrard, Ronaldo and Lampard have got more goals from midfield since he made his debut in 04 as well, great player, great professional.