IGNORED

England

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Boys I’m going to the final with 2 mates spent nearly all day trying to get flights and just got them booked. Had to believe where going to beat Croatia because if you waited you wouldn’t have got a look in that’s the gamble I suppose, if the worst happens we can watch the third place game and sell the final tickets.

Cornish wish us luck mate 👌😀

Its coming home 

Absolutely! Congratulations, and I wish you the very best of luck. Let's hope Pickford makes some game-rescuing saves when you're right behind the goal in the first half, and England score a winner in the same goal in the second half. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I'm not sure how you wangled this one!

7 hours ago, hafnia said:

I think your view of the English team contradicts many of the views you have on here. That's simply because you don't like England. 

This group of lads are 100% backing each other - they are playing as a unit.  The so-called golden generation of Gerrard, Beckham, lampard, Terry, Ferdinand and co would get beaten by this "team" .... comfortably.  It's team spirit that enabled a very technically average Wales team compete against supposedly superior sides.   This England team is miles better. 

Harry Kane could have been all out for his golden boot against Sweden but he sacrificed his own glory for the team and dropped in to help out and create space for sterling and co.  The centre halves are dovetailing each other beautifully - Henderson putting in marathons each and every game. 

I'm sorry for you that your bitterness is robbing you of the enjoyment of watching a young team play with courage, spirit, freedom and many of the other attributes we as Evertonians have been so sorely missing

Pretty much what I wrote above. Maybe you didn't read my later messages until after you responded to this one.

6 hours ago, rubecula said:

I would be there too if I had someone to travel with and more importantly a ticket  lol

I may just settle for the all Ireland GAA final instead

Here's a link to get you your ticket. Just wear an orange headpiece, claim you're Trump's long-lost brother, and Putin will secure a free front-row seat for you.

https://www.secretflying.com/posts/fifa-world-cup-2018-london-uk-moscow-russia-166-roundtrip/

I find the Henderson love in now a bit of a joke. The lad has been playing like this for a long time and getting stick for it and now all of a sudden people think he is great.

It will be the same with Sterling too, if he ever finds his shooting boots.

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

Boys I’m going to the final with 2 mates spent nearly all day trying to get flights and just got them booked. Had to believe where going to beat Croatia because if you waited you wouldn’t have got a look in that’s the gamble I suppose, if the worst happens we can watch the third place game and sell the final tickets.

Cornish wish us luck mate 👌😀

Its coming home 

Yes Palfy man!!!

That's awesome.

Enjoy!!!

18 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Absolutely! Congratulations, and I wish you the very best of luck. Let's hope Pickford makes some game-rescuing saves when you're right behind the goal in the first half, and England score a winner in the same goal in the second half. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I'm not sure how you wangled this one!

Cheers Steve 👍

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Yes Palfy man!!!

That's awesome.

Enjoy!!!

Cheers Newty everything crossed for tomorrow mate, France Sunday genuinely believe we can do them they've got a great midfield but lack firepower, and their defence will struggle against our set plays, they will fear us without a doubt.

Well, I think Croatia is a great team and of course, Modric and Rakitic are the ones who make the difference for them but England side is looking better and better after many years "as a team".

What I fear is the referee. We know him, he is one of the most reputable UEFA referees, in Turkey he is one of the most hated ones. (Doesn't matter if you are Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Besiktas or any other team's fan) His judgement being easily affected in the domestic league but he is a way better referee in Europe, still, one thing doesn't change about him. He likes to be under the spotlights.

My nation is not competing in the tournament and except Mbappe kid, I don't like France team at all. So, I would love to see it's going home. I hope Mr Cakir will be fair to you guys and best of luck.

Croatia have done well at keeping hold of the ball and recycling possession but that has left them susceptible on the counter. Against us however, they wont face a packed defence. We will be organised but there will be more space, if anything, they may and even try and play on the counter against us at times. 

I expect them to play with as similar team as possible to the one that played against Argentina. If Croatia dominate, I can see Modric and Rakitic causing all sorts of problems behind Alli and Lingard. Likewise I think our 5 at the back will need to be foot perfect against the clever movement of Perisic and link up play with Rebic and Mandzukic. I would be targetting the space either side of Stones and between Maguire and Young (where most of our trouble has started from). 

England on the other hand will need to be clinical. I doubt they will have lots of clear cut chances but if they take the chance or force free kicks / corners we will have a great chance because Croatia have conceded that way. 

Either way I think it will be a good game and lets hope Pickford has another stormer!

Off to the pub shortly, unfortunately the one in the village is a shithole so I'm having to drive so be limited to a pre-KO pint and then on the soft stuff (curse Josh for not raking his test:shakingfist:); difficult call but this game needs more atmosphere than the two of us sat in front of the TV.

Couple in the fridge to celebrate (or drown sorrows) later.

So far so good, and just as good as anything we saw last night. 

Young has been poor and Henderson has been too wasteful in playing it forward but everyone else has done well. Sterling and Stones have been great. Kane should have killed this game off, thank God it wasnt Sterline missing them chances.

Croatia look a bit rattled but they are getting back into it. Lovren is riled and both Sterling and Kane have him rattled in different ways.

Lets just hope the lads can finish the job.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

So far so good, and just as good as anything we saw last night. 

Young has been poor and Henderson has been too wasteful in playing it forward but everyone else has done well. Sterling and Stones have been great. Kane should have killed this game off, thank God it wasnt Sterline missing them chances.

Croatia look a bit rattled but they are getting back into it. Lovren is riled and both Sterling and Kane have him rattled in different ways.

Lets just hope the lads can finish the job.

If only Henderson could pick a long pass u’d be 3 up.