IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

Should have added that the NHS should get all the investment needed to make it the best in the world. But the whole system needs root and branch reorganisation first. Shifting some of the 12 billion from the overseas aid budget would be a start.

I agree with the first two sentences but not the third. Many sources I'd rather the money came from eg Trident, high speed rail links or maybe even the £350m a week promised by Brexit campaigners? Seems like a plan.

I agree with the first two sentences but not the third. Many sources I'd rather the money came from eg Trident, high speed rail links or maybe even the £350m a week promised by Brexit campaigners? Seems like a plan.

Mike, unlike the overseas aid budget, which we now have a legal obligation to spend, there isn't a pot of money for the high speed rail link, its just an estimate on a piece of paper. If it goes ahead we will have to borrow the money.

Mike, unlike the overseas aid budget, which we now have a legal obligation to spend, there isn't a pot of money for the high speed rail link, its just an estimate on a piece of paper. If it goes ahead we will have to borrow the money.

Long may that legal obligation last for me, I'd like to see it increased. More money for the poorest of the poor, I'm a member of the human race ahead of a UK resident. NHS is suffering for sure but we have somewhat better healthcare than Syrians (for example) who are no less valuable as individuals than we are.

I have no problem with foreign aid as long as it is going into the right hands.

With the amount of money that countries have paid in foreign aid over god knows how many years they should have been able to create a settlement on Pluto, let alone still struggle with the same issues they have struggled with for the last 50 odd years.

Long may that legal obligation last for me, I'd like to see it increased. More money for the poorest of the poor, I'm a member of the human race ahead of a UK resident. NHS is suffering for sure but we have somewhat better healthcare than Syrians (for example) who are no less valuable as individuals than we are.

bingo

I remember a guy I served with in Singapore, he was ginger. He was desperate to get a tan, everyone else had a tan. He would lie in the sun for hours and turn beetroot red but when the red disappeared he was back to his normal pale colour. The rest of us got a bit red but it turned into tan. Always felt sorry for him.

When I was 15/16 years old, I started collecting old British coins. Most of the collection disappeared over the years but the other day I found a small tin box which had the residue of my collection. Just 7 or 8 coins. Went on the internet to find out more about them. One coin is an Anglesey token coin, around the rim is inscribed 'on demand in London Liverpool and Anglesey'. The internet states that is known as an Anglesey token coin. It is valued at 180 pounds!

I have a George III penny (known as a cartwheel penny) which is in excellent condition, dated 1797. I have a George IV half-crown dated 1821. A Queen Victoria half-crown dated 1876. A Queen Victoria silver 'maundy' penny dated 1882. A mint condition Queen Victoria half-penny dated 1861 and another penny with George III on but can't make out a date. I will be passing them on the the grandkids.

When I was 15/16 years old, I started collecting old British coins. Most of the collection disappeared over the years but the other day I found a small tin box which had the residue of my collection. Just 7 or 8 coins. Went on the internet to find out more about them. One coin is an Anglesey token coin, around the rim is inscribed 'on demand in London Liverpool and Anglesey'. The internet states that is known as an Anglesey token coin. It is valued at 180 pounds!

I have a George III penny (known as a cartwheel penny) which is in excellent condition, dated 1797. I have a George IV half-crown dated 1821. A Queen Victoria half-crown dated 1876. A Queen Victoria silver 'maundy' penny dated 1882. A mint condition Queen Victoria half-penny dated 1861 and another penny with George III on but can't make out a date. I will be passing them on the the grandkids.

Brilliant, I collected coins as a kid and have a few old half crowns, florins and farthings along with many many threepences, sixpences, and halfpennys but nothing to touch those. A few are Victorian but nothing older than that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working from home, meant I joined the missus, little one and family who is visiting for a picnic in the park. Not a bad view today....

16807160_10158230593485472_4604659716799

Beautiful view Matt!

Best of luck Mark I'd have to have a skin full to pluck up the courage and by that point I'd probably tell everyone to fuck off, its lose lose if anyone ever picks me

Edited by EFC-Paul

After 6 beers and 5 shots of whiskey my youngest brother asked me to be his best man. While we were both drunk I accepted. I'm now partially sober an am very excited.

Hooray!

Ps- yes we like to drink

Mark, make sure you are sober when you write your speech and more important, when you deliver it!

Mark, make sure you are sober when you write your speech and more important, when you deliver it!

Personally I think a speech comes over much better if you don't write it word for word. When I was my brother's best man I just got in my head what I wanted to talk about and wrote down just some key words on cards as reminders on each topic/incident and ad-libbed from there (though obviously I practised a fair bit), worked well for me. I was sobre but I downed a glass of wine just before I stood up just as a bit of extra courage :P.

Good luck Mark.

I've been best man twice. If you take the time to prepare fully then it's an enjoyable event.

First time out I wrote speech the night before and it wasn't great if im honest. I was 23 years old.

Second time I nailed it. Really prepared.

My tips;-

1. Know your audience. Make the humour appropriate.

2. You don't have to be a comedian. Be genuine first then any humour is warmly rewarded. Write it all down... takes the pressure off. Cue cards are best.

3. Take your time. When you practice - record yourself... you will be twice as quick as you think you are.

4. Enjoy it.... if you look like you are enjoying it the audience will.