IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

• 2 weeks later...

But the idiot owners have been changing the formula. It's virtually impossible these days to get the original Cadbury's chocolate in the US. Even the chocolate I buy at Heathrow now tastes different.

Her indoors claims that it is now too sickly sweet and I am inclined to agree. It seems to have lost that 'creamy' texture.

I think the NHS is quickly becoming far too unsustainable and they could print money for it and I doubt it would solve the problems they have.

People are living longer, probably don't receive enough care from their own family, drugs are far more expensive than they need to be, they aren't enough Doctors and nurses and too many people are wasting GP/ Walk in centre time with trivial illnesses and injuries that wouldn't have done 20 years ago.

On that last point For example, People now feel that they have to go to the GP for whiplash just to make sure they can make a compensation claim and with the rise of Internet diagnostics people think a basic cold is the next big disease.

The NHS system wasn't built for the modern day society and I would hate to think where it would be without the amazing doctors and nurses up and down the country who do such a good job in the face of enormous pressure.

I think the NHS is quickly becoming far too unsustainable and they could print money for it and I doubt it would solve the problems they have.

People are living longer, probably don't receive enough care from their own family, drugs are far more expensive than they need to be, they aren't enough Doctors and nurses and too many people are wasting GP/ Walk in centre time with trivial illnesses and injuries that wouldn't have done 20 years ago.

On that last point For example, People now feel that they have to go to the GP for whiplash just to make sure they can make a compensation claim and with the rise of Internet diagnostics people think a basic cold is the next big disease.

The NHS system wasn't built for the modern day society and I would hate to think where it would be without the amazing doctors and nurses up and down the country who do such a good job in the face of enormous pressure.

Interesting post Bailey, but just (for the moment) taking the last line I couldn't agree with you more. I've had far more contact with them than I'd have liked to have had over the last few years and currently am interacting on a daily basis, not for my personal well being I have to say. I talked to an auxiliary nurse today as I was leaving the ward and thanked her for what she was doing, told her she wasn't paid enough; she just said, "..thanks but I love it.."

Special people.

My eldest had to go to hospital the other night struggling with breathing - had to stay over and get monitored.

My wife is a children's nurse at alder hey and was alert to the situation. Unfortunately due to low staff and lots of people in A&E they were sat waiting to be seen for nearly 3 hours as my sons o2 sat levels dropped.

Unfortunately you do not get a consistent level of care in hospitals - too many short cuts were taken and observation notes were deliberately made "less" than what they were and my wife is making a PALS referral - something everyone should do when things are not right. Some members of staff hide behind the excuse of "short staffing" when they should be upping the ante.

If they knew what my wife did for a living they will have been all over it - but that isn't right...

I love the NHS - fantastic, what I do not like is the fact that a lot of staff will offer a lesser level of care than others... Joe Public need to speak out when this happens.

About time the government threw money into the NHS by increasing vigilance and quality by getting the right number of staff - monitored by good old fashioned matrons.

Oh and yes - Joe Public can also help out by not behaving like idiots and abusing the system. You get ones who demand taxis (paid for by the service etc) - and yeah... they can start speaking to the staff like humans.

Edited by Hafnia

The main change in the NHS, from when it was set up, is the career path it provides for non-medical people. It has become a bureaucracy. I remember when the NHS was run by medical people usually, as someone mentioned on here, matrons. It also appears, according to recent reports, that the bureaucrats are not very good at controlling costs, paying way over the going rate for drugs is one example. Another current problem, affecting hospitals, is the change to how GP surgeries operate where it is now almost impossible to get an appointment outside hours 9 am to 5 pm and nothing at week-ends, putting additional strain on hospital A&E.