IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

In mattel play area in the Albert Dock.... absolutely brilliant for kids who are into fireman sam, Thomas the tank engine or bob the builder. My 2 year old is loving it.

It's what it's all about isn't it. Before you know it they just want to play out with their mates.

Before you know it they've all left home, Josh went Wednesday, not permanently in all likelihood (although it might turn out to be). Seems like only yesterday we were explaining to him how Thomas managed to get from Sodor to Minehead railway station :).

Before you know it they've all left home, Josh went Wednesday, not permanently in all likelihood (although it might turn out to be). Seems like only yesterday we were explaining to him how Thomas managed to get from Sodor to Minehead railway station :).

I hear this all the time. One minute you stress because of lack of sleep and time to yourself the next thing they are flying the nest.

I hear this all the time. One minute you stress because of lack of sleep and time to yourself the next thing they are flying the nest.

Crazy thing is that when you're the kid that time lasts for ever, like summer holidays from school do; you're living in the same time scale but the perception is so different.

Similar thing happens when you're in hospital as a patient. It is soooo boring the days last absolutely for ever but for the nurses they skip by in no time flat because they're so busy, weird.

There's a character in Catch-22 (best book in history) called Dunbar who actively seeks out boredom as a means to extend his life.

Crazy thing is that when you're the kid that time lasts for ever, like summer holidays from school do; you're living in the same time scale but the perception is so different.

Similar thing happens when you're in hospital as a patient. It is soooo boring the days last absolutely for ever but for the nurses they skip by in no time flat because they're so busy, weird.

There's a character in Catch-22 (best book in history) called Dunbar who actively seeks out boredom as a means to extend his life.

I believe that is supposed to be how it works... 10 years at one stage was 100% of you life. But 30 to 40 it's only a quarter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The youngest of our six left for college a few weeks ago. It's not quite an empty nest, because one of our sons still lives at home, but we're getting close to it. Now, of course, my wife wants to spend much of her time with our two little grand-daughters.

The youngest of our six left for college a few weeks ago. It's not quite an empty nest, because one of our sons still lives at home, but we're getting close to it. Now, of course, my wife wants to spend much of her time with our two little grand-daughters.

six? blimey!

• 1 month later...

so glad I moved back up north to my hometown. Just got a massive snowstorm so I got a call this morning from the boss and I'm working from home. my wife and son are outside building a snowman while I work on the computer and watch through the window. life is beautiful

great image that - send a pic if you can MJB be great to see