IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

Laphroaig is my current favourite. Bit less punch than Talisker, and very moreish.

Walked the West Highland Way many many years ago and I bough a bottle of Talisker (in Guildford) to sustain me on the way. After we got to Fort William we had another week to go so decided to get a train to Kyle of Lochalsh and the ferry over to Skye, hired a car and our first stop was the Talisker distillery for the tour; felt like popping my bottle out (not that there was much left in it) and saying, "...here's one you made earlier!" :P.

Laphroaig I first heard of when I read The Eiger Sanction because it was the tipple of choice of the main character so I had to try it. Talisker was always my favourite though.

• 3 weeks later...

a friend of mine from a Bass forum is friends with one of my all time favorite artists, Erik Truffaz. He's a french jazz trumpeter. Anyways, my friend notified me that 2 of their records (that haven't ever been released on vinyl) were being pressed to vinyl and he got me a copy of each and had Erik and their bassist sign them and make personal greetings on them for me (he lives in paris). Just received them today in the mail from france. What a kind guy to think of me like that. It's made my week, listening right now. I'm starting to embrace this optimism thing.

:)

a friend of mine from a Bass forum is friends with one of my all time favorite artists, Erik Truffaz. He's a french jazz trumpeter. Anyways, my friend notified me that 2 of their records (that haven't ever been released on vinyl) were being pressed to vinyl and he got me a copy of each and had Erik and their bassist sign them and make personal greetings on them for me (he lives in paris). Just received them today in the mail from france. What a kind guy to think of me like that. It's made my week, listening right now. I'm starting to embrace this optimism thing.

:)

Just had my "Bachelor weekend" (getting married in August) with friends in Rotterdam. One of the activities was Bubble Football; highly recommended as a fun activity with friends or colleagues.

Before I joined 'Table', the rest of the lads did this. 3 of them ended up in A&E :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Not had peppered steake for ages! throw some boiled potatoes in and some veg...

A place in Wigan is doing a 100oz stake challenge I might have to give it a go when I'm off love a steake!

Any idea where? I work in Wigan and want to see this!

Getting close to settling my mum's estate (apart from the sale of her house) so coming into a bit of cash in the not too distant future so going to upgrade the car.

I've just about persuaded myself and (more importantly) the wife that one of these is a good idea :).

http://www.keywisecarsltd.co.uk/used-cars/audi-a3-cabriolet-1-6-tdi-s-line-2dr-rewe-201701251643284

(That's the dealer where I bought my last car which has been a great buy so I'd be happy going back)

Some might call it a mid life crisis perhaps but I'm too old for one of those :lol:.

Mike, the 4th one on the list, Audi A3 10.9k 37k miles, looks a good deal.

Mike, the 4th one on the list, Audi A3 10.9k 37k miles, looks a good deal.

The car I linked isn't there anymore John, bought one from a different place anyway; A3 Cabriolet 2.0 TDI with 38k on the clock. Black and beautiful and very economical it is too, couldn't be happier with it.

• 1 month later...

lost 14.5 pounds in 2 months, my wife has lost over 20 (to be fair it's pregnancy weight which comes off faster). very simple too, just got rid of all sugar (not just sweets, includes some breads, and packaged goods, they stick it in everything over here) and booze. I also do at least 2 moderate activities (walking, ride bike, 50 pushups) a day. i wasn't fat, just wanted the little extra i had to go away, probably lose another 14 pounds and be at my peak weight/bodyfat % that i had in high school (was an athlete then).

Edited by markjazzbassist

lost 14.5 pounds in 2 months, my wife has lost over 20 (to be fair it's pregnancy weight which comes off faster). very simple too, just got rid of all sugar (not just sweets, includes some breads, and packaged goods, they stick it in everything over here) and booze. I also do at least 2 moderate activities (walking, ride bike, 50 pushups) a day. i wasn't fat, just wanted the little extra i had to go away, probably lose another 14 pounds and be at my peak weight/bodyfat % that i had in high school (was an athlete then).

Nice one.

I woke up this morning :jump for joy:.

(Oh, and another clear cancer check this afternoon, nearly three and a half years now; where does the time go?)

Well done Mark, admire your will power.

Nice one.

(Oh, and another clear cancer check this afternoon, nearly three and a half years now; where does the time go?)

Great news mate. If you ever find out how to slow down time, let me know the finishing lines getting rapidly closer.

Great news mate. If you ever find out how to slow down time, let me know the finishing lines getting rapidly closer.

Weird isn't it, the older you get the faster time passes; I was a kid for ever but I was twenty-one just a couple of days ago.

Nice one.

Brilliant news Mike, really pleased for you. Sorry to bring bad tidings but the older you get, the quicker it goes. Can't believe its nearly Christmas. :D

More importantly was your favourite nurse in?

No didn't see her today sadly (she's playing hard to get :P). Should do on Thursday though, she runs a support group once a month that I've not been able to go to for a year or so due to another commitment but that's done now. Looking forward to it, she's a big hugger :wub:.

No didn't see her today sadly (she's playing hard to get :P). Should do on Thursday though, she runs a support group once a month that I've not been able to go to for a year or so due to another commitment but that's done now. Looking forward to it, she's a big hugger :wub:.

Haha, the wait is half the fun. Glad you've got your health.

Mike, I have a similar relationship with the nurse at my GP surgery. I have to go in regularly for my warfarin check. As I am fairly stable, it is usually only every 6 or 8 weeks but occasionally I am either high or low and have to go every week. I always get a bit miffed if she tells me its 8 weeks! Lovely lady. What a brilliant invention the NHS is.