IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

So, technically, if Spurs never qualify for European football again, he doens't get any punishment for trying to break another players' leg?

Pretty much yeah. He'll be fined by the club for the red which is money he wont miss, and it will only be a 3 game ban that, unfortunately.

And then the fucker has the cheek to question the sending off (along with team mates).

He gets away with so much shit in the PL, I'm glad he doesn't get the same preferential treatment everywhere.

and yet the media over look it, if that was a foreign player doing that to him we wouldn't hear the end of it.

He's such a f*cking snide. He does get away with a lot, being the new 'media darling'. Barkley isn't anywhere near as bad (attitude) as Alli, yet the sun shines so far out of Alli's ass, its embarrassing.

There's no doubt there was retaliation in his intent .

I've got to say, that's pretty cool.

"When I was sacked as a champion [by Chelsea], it was a giant negative thing," Mourinho said. "But now I know it was peanuts in comparison.

"Nobody can delete what Claudio did. If some of the stories [about the players] are true, or just a little bit true, it is difficult to find words to justify that.

"Probably the season started with a typical selfishness of others -- people thinking of new contracts, leaving, more money, forgetting who helped them reach a certain level.

"This is not just football. It is part of the world. Some principles are going away.

"I lived a similar experience, but peanuts compared to Claudio's. But maybe it is Claudio's fault. He is paying for his success.

"My word is my shirt," Mourinho said, pointing to the "CR" initials on his top. "My little homage to the man who wrote the most beautiful story of the Premier League.

"Somebody who deserves the Leicester stadium to be named after him -- the Claudio Ranieri Stadium.

"Leicester made history two years in a row -- the most beautiful story and now they are also in the highlights for a decision that has everyone in football united because it is very difficult to accept.

"It is important that we realise this is football and we have to adapt."

Edited by Lowensda

Why would Pearson go back for a 3rd spell?

He may feel, as many Leicester fans do, that it was his set-up that won them the league last year and actually he deserves another crack now the dust has settled and his lad has moved on. I'd expect he'd be the first choice for many Leicester fans. He'd probably want Walsh back as him, Walsh and Shakespeare worked very closely.

He may feel, as many Leicester fans do, that it was his set-up that won them the league last year and actually he deserves another crack now the dust has settled and his lad has moved on. I'd expect he'd be the first choice for many Leicester fans. He'd probably want Walsh back as him, Walsh and Shakespeare worked very closely.

except this time Walsh won't be there and so far as I've read, he had a very difficult relationship with the owners which was poisoned further with the situation with his son.

This seems a very accurate article based on what I've heard (2nd hand) from a current Leicester member of staff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/24/revealed-inside-story-claudio-ranieris-leicester-city-sacking/

This sentence especially... 'Ranieri waved them away and insisted there should be only one voice at the club.'

Edited by c1982

This seems a very accurate article based on what I've heard (2nd hand) from a current Leicester member of staff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/24/revealed-inside-story-claudio-ranieris-leicester-city-sacking/

This sentence especially... 'Ranieri waved them away and insisted there should be only one voice at the club.'

that article throwing Claudio under the bus. I'm not having it. THey lost their most important player in Kante, never should have let him leave, he's a big part of why Chelseas doing so well. Vardy and Mahrez the other 2 have been dog shit all season. Loafing about not working hard at all (which they did last year hence the wins). They all think they're Ronaldo's now and should earn big bucks and are tyring to work on that instead of work on the pitch. Have fun in the championship where you belong Vardy, best of luck in france mahrez, you'll still be just ok for lyon or nice or whomever you sign with over there.

players fault for me.

He's such a f*cking snide. He does get away with a lot, being the new 'media darling'. Barkley isn't anywhere near as bad (attitude) as Alli, yet the sun shines so far out of Alli's ass, its embarrassing.

There's no doubt there was retaliation in his intent .

I agree, I like a player with a bit of OTT aggression but in the McCarthy sense, whereas Alli seems intent on injuring another player at times. Shocking tackle and should be banned for longer.

Listening to 693 on my way home from GP... all Leicester fans agreeing on the phone in that Claudio had to go. It seems non-Leicester fans see it as a disgraceful decision but on this evidence the Leicester fans are saying it's the correct decision. They're the ones who haven't seen their club score a single goal in the league this year. They're the ones who see their Champions sat in the bottom 3 of the league. It's easy for non-Leicester fans to say Claudio should stay for what he did but we're not the ones who pay to watch them week in, week out and have the emotional attachment to the club rather than the manager.

Listening to 693 on my way home from GP... all Leicester fans agreeing on the phone in that Claudio had to go. It seems non-Leicester fans see it as a disgraceful decision but on this evidence the Leicester fans are saying it's the correct decision. They're the ones who haven't seen their club score a single goal in the league this year. They're the ones who see their Champions sat in the bottom 3 of the league. It's easy for non-Leicester fans to say Claudio should stay for what he did but we're not the ones who pay to watch them week in, week out and have the emotional attachment to the club rather than the manager.

They have become fickle on the back of the success Ranieri brought them, had he not won the league and they were in this position they probably would have stuck with him like they did Pearson. Personally I'd have got rid of the players, and give Ranieri a job for life.