IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

What an ending! I started cooking after Spurs went ahead and initially thought the 2-2 scoreline on the beeb website was a mistake; brilliant result. How are they bottom of Div 1? They looked better than us today (not difficult admittedly).

Yeah, I thought it was over once that penalty went in as well. I was made up when they got the late equaliser. 

They played particularly well in the first half, and the money the replay will bring will be invaluable. I hope replays are never scrapped because they often mean survival for clubs like Rochdale. 

By the way, I happened to be watching the BBC blog when Spurs equalized to make it 1-1. The BBC's comment was "phew" - which is incredibly biased. Within a minute, they changed it to imply this was the reaction of Spurs fans, so someone must have realized. The Beeb will lose credibility if they continue to show obvious bias for Top Six clubs.

20 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Don't you just love the FA Cup, though? There's no competition quite like it. Players from every team in the country can dream of playing, and potentially beating, one of the top dogs. :)

And again tonight, Man City fans showing their class at the end though, throwing seats etc at the police:rolleyes:. Daft when you feel entitled to win and spit the dummy when you don't; so plastic.

Nice one Wigan.

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

martinez back managing wigan to another FA cup triumpH?

Also, how in the world do you manage to manage to avoid a capital at the start of your reply (I know you're not bothered by grandma which is fair enough) but somehow you deem it appropriate to end with onE:P.

Those brought up in the computer generation have no excuse, you guys were taught keyboard skills while us geriatrics are self taught; shame on you Mark (tongue firmly in cheek):shakingfist:.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bill said:

Same again for 2-0.

Lukaku actually using his size for a rare outing. Lovren is shit. How he had been able to bully lukaku so often in the past is a joke. 

Wish we got rashford in the lukaku deal.... Great player.  Always rated him. Great feet and Pacey. Lovely right peg. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Surely you’re lying? He only scores goals :P 

He doesn't do that against good teams.... however he was alright today. Did what he should always do and have a physical battle

We still had them off at £90m.... not worth anywhere near that.  Not when you see tosun at a quarter of that price. 

Tosun will be a top striker. Has Kane like qualities. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He doesn't do that against good teams.... however he was alright today. Did what he should always do and have a physical battle

We still had them off at £90m.... not worth anywhere near that.  Not when you see tosun at a quarter of that price. 

Tosun will be a top striker. Has Kane like qualities. 

Yes. He just needs to adapt to the pace, of which I think he will.

If he gets service, he should score. Excellent finisher with two good feet and decent in the air.