IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

42 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Mourinho says £300m spend not enough to win title.

In 2003 Mourinho said when he was at Porto, "We have beaten the big spenders who pay millions of euros for one player and we have built a great team spending money doesn't mean success we have proved that." This was after he won the champions league:lol:.

honestly he's the donald trump of football, he says whatever he wants regardless of thought, opinions, facts, etc.  i'm glad he never came here.  he's an idiot most of the time.

Watford were leading for a long while. Woulda shot them up the table again and I could've started making jokes that Marco SIlva would again clearly be the "Next big thing" manager after a month of poor results and being clearly overrated.

How the hell have Swansea beaten anybody? They are dog shite. I don't rate the manager they've brought in either. Absolutely criminal if they didn't call Gary Rowett or some of the better managers in that division, though any manager with a top half Championship side probably wouldn't touch Swansea with a ten foot pole. They probably should've brought Garry Monk back,

7 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Watford were leading for a long while. Woulda shot them up the table again and I could've started making jokes that Marco SIlva would again clearly be the "Next big thing" manager after a month of poor results and being clearly overrated.

How the hell have Swansea beaten anybody? They are dog shite. I don't rate the manager they've brought in either. Absolutely criminal if they didn't call Gary Rowett or some of the better managers in that division, though any manager with a top half Championship side probably wouldn't touch Swansea with a ten foot pole. They probably should've brought Garry Monk back,

Watford create as many chances as they concede which is all well and good when confidence is up and they take their chances but when they don't they can' kill off games and things like today happen. 

It also doesn' help them that their manager seemed to want to leave to join us. I can' imagine it was good for morale.

18th now on 20 points (Stoke, yikes!) - A lot of the relegation fodder bar WBA and Swansea seem to really be starting to pick up some points - this could reopen an intense relegation battle - I could see Swansea and West Brom being adrift at the bottom, but 18th could come down between 3-5 teams very late on.

Brighton, Huddersfield, and even Watford now looking like  they could be involved if they don't pick up form.

We are now only 7 points above bottom, and our next four fixtures are Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester (not easy, imo) and West Brom - crucial to get three against West Brom or we could very well be sitting only 3-5 points above the bottom three at the start of February. I don't think this becomes a relegation fight again, but that would definitely make a lot of us uneasy.

10 minutes ago, Btay said:

Anyone watching arsenal v Chelsea.

hazard just won a penalty with minimal or no contact from bellerin - wondering if it’s going to be looked at by the committee for diving 

Terrible dive. Niasse got 2 matches.... hazard won't. Corrupt. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Anyone watching arsenal v Chelsea.

hazard just won a penalty with minimal or no contact from bellerin - wondering if it’s going to be looked at by the committee for diving 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Terrible dive. Niasse got 2 matches.... hazard won't. Corrupt. 

Stonewall penalty for me. Hazard winso the ball and Bellerin kicks him.

Game of opinions for me I guess.

You look at the Swansea game where Ayew didn’t go down under lloris’s challenge - no goal as result and then hazard goes down under minimal.

this is where punishing “diving” is hard as they reward players for going down as soon as possible and punish honest players for trying staying up

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Game of opinions for me I guess.

You look at the Swansea game where Ayew didn’t go down under lloris’s challenge - no goal as result and then hazard goes down under minimal.

this is where punishing “diving” is hard as they reward players for going down as soon as possible and punish honest players for trying staying up

This is the other huge issue driving this problem. You can’t really complain about players going down over “minimal contact” when they would never receive a penalty if they were infringed upon, but didn’t go down. This part of the game needs a huge mentality change from the higher ups and refs. 

12 hours ago, Vranny said:

This is the other huge issue driving this problem. You can’t really complain about players going down over “minimal contact” when they would never receive a penalty if they were infringed upon, but didn’t go down. This part of the game needs a huge mentality change from the higher ups and refs. 

There is something in between simulation and a penalty. A very big area actually. Football is a contact sport and just because there is contact in the box doesn't mean its a penalty. If a player goes down because of it, it doesn't mean it's a dive.

4 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

There is something in between simulation and a penalty. A very big area actually. Football is a contact sport and just because there is contact in the box doesn't mean its a penalty. If a player goes down because of it, it doesn't mean it's a dive.

Exactly this