IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

On 9/15/2017 at 07:49, Cornish Steve said:

The bottom line is that we brought in a bunch of players for the role occupied by Gareth Barry. Even though he's playing better than them right now, he wouldn't have had a look-in an Everton. IMO, he was wise to make the move. Our loss, sadly, is Pulis' gain.

Barry's the perfect player for Pulis at this stage in his career. Wouldn't have done much had he gotten into the team here anyway.

On 24/09/2017 at 18:54, MikeO said:

Well done Brighton, looking forward to seeing Shane back at Goodison, certain he'll get a great reception.

They've played well against Arsenal today. Cracking team goal for Arsenal to put them 2-0, but BHA will be a tough game for us if both teams play like they have been

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Salah looks a proper player. Ffs. Trust them to get a quality attacking mid.

Lukaku barely touched the ball. Lovren mopping everything.

Mourinho set up too negative. 

Don't see it myself. Pacey but lacks finesse. Reminds me of Valencia when he'd lost a yard. Makes direct runs but not got the guile to nip past people. Valencia moved back to RB (where he's been excellent) because he wasn't able enough on the wing. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Don't see it myself. Pacey but lacks finesse. Reminds me of Valencia when he'd lost a yard. Makes direct runs but not got the guile to nip past people. Valencia moved back to RB (where he's been excellent) because he wasn't able enough on the wing. 

He's got a direct approach. Tries to make things happen..... Trust me we could do with him. He's a bit like mirallas when he first came to us.

De gea is awesome btw. What a save before. 

11 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Neville just said lukaku hasn't touched the ball once in 20 minutes. 

Just did.... blew a cross to the opposite end of pitch.... good pace to beat his man though. 

He's just had it and was surrounded by 5 Liverpool players with no route to a team mate. Mourinho tactics not the players fault. 

Salah just missed a sitter. Took it off Coutinho, noticed he never gave Firminio credit after he chipped the keeper and Salah pinched his goal tapping it in with his head. Not a team player. I can see why Chelsea got rid. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

He's got a direct approach. Tries to make things happen..... Trust me we could do with him. He's a bit like mirallas when he first came to us.

De gea is awesome btw. What a save before. 

That's the thing he's only direct. Useful but I'd like to see more from a player. 

Best goal keeper of my generation. (I only got to see the latter years of big Nev). 

Poor game. Only Liverpool deserve something from this. It pains me to say that.

No matter what happens in the last 15 minutes - lukaku has justified my criticism.  Absolutely awful showing today.  He does not want to know when he's up against a "big" team. His laziness and lack of heart is disgraceful. 

Btw I would love him to net the winner and give it the big one to the Liverpool fans. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Poor game. Only Liverpool deserve something from this. It pains me to say that.

No matter what happens in the last 15 minutes - lukaku has justified my criticism.  Absolutely awful showing today.  He does not want to know when he's up against a "big" team. His laziness and lack of heart is disgraceful. 

Btw I would love him to net the winner and give it the big one to the Liverpool fans. 

Don't see how you can criticise him. Mourinho come for a nil nil draw. Hardly have the midfield brought Lukaku into the game. 

Liverpool the only team looking for a win, but have only mustered one chance. 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Don't see how you can criticise him. Mourinho come for a nil nil draw. Hardly have the midfield brought Lukaku into the game. 

Liverpool the only team looking for a win, but have only mustered one chance. 

What?! He's had 18 touches all game.... both keepers have touched the ball more than him.

He's a lazy fucker who only gets motivated if he thinks there are some easy pickings. 

Absolutely no movement.... he has had martial, miktehrian, rashford, all put in a supplementary position to feed him and he resembled a friggin statue. 

Awful. 

36 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

According to Souness it was mission impossible for Lukaku today because United didn’t come to commit players to attack. 

I don’t know if that’s accurate because I didn’t pay all that much attention if I’m honest. I tend to go off football a bit when Everton are shit. 

today was is an example that lukaku can't self generate opportunities....  he needs his team mates to break through the lines and offer him chances.

Aside from that he offered absolutely zilch.  Any balls in the air were mopped up by lovren.  His movement was non existent ... he isolated himself. His hold up play was garbage and he lost it most times. 

I said before the season started- play him against all teams bar the top sides. 

United have had a pretty easy start to the season. Today was the barometer for where they are.

Liverpool to their credit played for the win and should have got it. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

According to Souness it was mission impossible for Lukaku today because United didn’t come to commit players to attack. 

I don’t know if that’s accurate because I didn’t pay all that much attention if I’m honest. I tend to go off football a bit when Everton are shit. 

Spot on. 

Today showed the difference between UTD and City and probably why the latter will win the title. Pep goes to win every game by as mamy goals as possible whereas Mourinho doesn't. 

Re Lukaku, yes he could have done more today but he also wasn't given any help by his manager. I dont know why you would play Lukaku if you want to set up that way when you have other options up front. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Today showed the difference between UTD and City and probably why the latter will win the title. Pep goes to win every game by as mamy goals as possible whereas Mourinho doesn't. 

Re Lukaku, yes he could have done more today but he also wasn't given any help by his manager. I dont know why you would play Lukaku if you want to set up that way when you have other options up front. 

I was hoping for a United convincing win. But sorry.... mourinho really made a hash of that.

First off..... Lukaku should have been up for that game - a stupid fouls or 2 means fuck all. He never pushed their defenders in any way shape or form.

Rashford and martial are the players who needed to be used to get at their defence. 

Man city are clear away the best team in the league.

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

United getting beat 2-1... was 2-0.  United pulled one back with lukaku with an excellent assist... very very good.

Been completely shite all game though but fair play he did well there. 

He actually saved them in defence, too, with a timely header. Wasn't involved for much of the game, apparently, but made an impact when he was.