IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

He actually saved them in defence, too, with a timely header. Wasn't involved for much of the game, apparently, but made an impact when he was.

I watched the game. Was catching up with mate in the pub - he was very poor in terms of making himself available. 

That one off moment was very good but for me he just wasnt in it. 

Rashford is class.... gonna be an awesome player. 

18 hours ago, johnh said:

Chelsea  v Watford -  BBC text in 86th minute said 'difficult to understand how Chelsea are level (2-2) Watford should be 3-1 or 4-1 up.  Chelsea win 4 - 2.  We could do with a bit of fight like that.

I walked into the bar just after it went 2-1 and both sides had chances to win but in the last 10 mins Chelsea created a few really good opportunities and deserved it in my opinion.

17 hours ago, hafnia said:

United getting beat 2-1... was 2-0.  United pulled one back with lukaku with an excellent assist... very very good.

Been completely shite all game though but fair play he did well there. 

He was crap but like you say, he turned up when he needed to. 

It was a strange game as you could see from the first 10 mins that Huddersfield were right at it. Winning challenges they shouldn't and getting to the ball first when the United player should have. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yet he's still scoring...

He isn't though.....  a fair few fans have become somewhat alarmed at his drop. Calling for rashford and martial to play as a pair. 

Mourinho has been faced with 2 solides who aren't cannon fodder and his side are playing like an expensively assembled Wimbledon or Cambridge. 

1 minute ago, johnh said:

At half-time (Man U  v Spurs) the reporter on BBC text said 'I had more fun watching the Carabao Cup draw'.  It seems Man U are playing exactly the same as they played at Liverpool, even though they are the home team.

Long balls to Rashford and Lukaku but not getting much joy from it. Players getting stuck in is good to watch, ref letting them go for it, apart from one we're Alli done a blatant drive and won a fk. 

Just now, hafnia said:

He isn't though.....  a fair few fans have become somewhat alarmed at his drop. Calling for rashford and martial to play as a pair. 

Mourinho has been faced with 2 solides who aren't cannon fodder and his side are playing like an expensively assembled Wimbledon or Cambridge. 

I must be imagining his 11 goals in 14 games then...

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You aren't imagining 0 in the last 5 either.....

Typical patterns for the lad.  Feast and famine.  

goals win games. he scores goals. nuff said. All players go through peaks and troughs, the best in their position just get highlighted more.

You didn't answer my earlier question (I don't think, was in another thread I think); would you buy him for £10m? 

31 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:
35 minutes ago, Matt said:
shit him, can only finish....

It's not hard to see his faults, but the positives outweigh the negatives by so much.

Rubbish. He's detracting from the midfielders that could be getting goals and assists. What a wanker

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

goals win games. he scores goals. nuff said. All players go through peaks and troughs, the best in their position just get highlighted more.

You didn't answer my earlier question (I don't think, was in another thread I think); would you buy him for £10m? 

Have a look.... I answered you immediately.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

and yet you're silent when it comes to his assist, hitting the woodwork and (apparently) forcing Lloris into a fantastic save

#balancedargument

Are we counting hitting the woodwork now?  Loris  save was going well wide btw he pulled it. 

Hasn't scored in 5 games Matt....

I actually applauded his assist last week on here Matt.... but you keep it up with the selective shouts. 

His 'barren' spell stretches 3 league games, of which he got 2 assists and the other was the nil nil at Anfield where Mourinho had set out for a goalless draw. Played 10, made a goal or scored in 8. Harry Kane has been a credit for 4 games in 8. Lukaku 80% > 50% Kane. 

Do do you take the player who scores 2 in every other for an attacking team, or the one who is involved in a goal nearly every week for a defensive team?