IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Are we counting hitting the woodwork now?  Loris  save was going well wide btw he pulled it. 

Hasn't scored in 5 games Matt....

I actually applauded his assist last week on here Matt.... but you keep it up with the selective shouts. 

yet has scored 11 in 15. Talk about selective :lol:

11 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We don't have the midfield to carry him. 

Carry him?...  this gets better....

How so?  What is it that is missing from kanes game that lukaku had which means he would be ineffective for us?

Spurs missed him massively today absolutely staggering.  Deli alli looked lost without his movement in front of him.

42 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Carry him?...  this gets better....

How so?  What is it that is missing from kanes game that lukaku had which means he would be ineffective for us?

Spurs missed him massively today absolutely staggering.  Deli alli looked lost without his movement in front of him.

So our midfield is comparable or do you think strikers score no matter the team around them. Would Kane score 25 for say WBA? Or is Barkley as creative as Eriksen? 

Pace, strength, heading ability, a left foot, assists, raw natural talent. People groan when our players hit it over the bar from distance, Kane probs had a go as much as our whole team. He'd be lynched here. Long shots and running in a circle, nah yer alright. 

Son is far more intelligent. Alli was bollocks, nothing to do with the movement in front of him. He struggled to control the ball, not helped by United pressing, absolutely nothing to do with not having options. Man U are better than them, they won the same game last season 1 nil with Kane. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

So our midfield is comparable or do you think strikers score no matter the team around them. Would Kane score 25 for say WBA? Or is Barkley as creative as Eriksen? 

Pace, strength, heading ability, a left foot, assists, raw natural talent. People groan when our players hit it over the bar from distance, Kane probs had a go as much as our whole team. He'd be lynched here. Long shots and running in a circle, nah yer alright. 

Son is far more intelligent. Alli was bollocks, nothing to do with the movement in front of him. He struggled to control the ball, not helped by United pressing, absolutely nothing to do with not having options. Man U are better than them, they won the same game last season 1 nil with Kane. 

Gordon Bennett.....

Both Southampton and Brighton are crap, albeit Brighton are a bit more industrious. 

Southampton have now sold almost all their decent players that there is no-one left worth buying. VVD yes, Hoedt looks a decent buy and I think Steven Davis is a pest but the rest don't impact the game enough.

26 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Come on, Truro City. Continue making history. 

I remember Charlton Athletic being in the cup final just after the war.  They had the best goalkeeper I ever saw in Sam Bartram.  In my football scrapbook I have a postcard inviting me to play in a trial match for York City, signed by Sam Bartram who was manager there at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Spurs aren' the same with 5 at the back. Dier isn't as solid at CB either. I think they are suffering from having 3 top nothing CBs and then Dier as back up. 

Alli is probably starting a little too far forward now as well as he more or less plays as a second striker. Like Cahill for us he is easier to mark when he isn' coming from a bit deeper.

Chelsea still misfiring this season. Losing to West Ham at half time and whilst they don't necessarily deserve to be losing they don't deserve to be winning. 

Bakayoko looks a passenger out there to me. I don't see why he plays and someone like Loftus-Cheek is out on loan. I've seen him, Zappacosta and Morata all bottling out of challenges the likes of Matic, Moses or Costa would have snapped into. 

Chelsea had enough chances to win the game though. It was one of those where they would normally score late on and I think Chelsea probably would have if they didn' have a hard game midweek. Morata had a really easy 1v1.

West Ham were well organised though, didn' really get out of their half but they were tough to beat.