IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Manchester City and Arsenal both leading in their League Cup. 

Tomorrow will be Man U vs Bristol and Chelsea vs Bournemouth.

Very real chance that the final four ends up being Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, and Man City and/or the final is two of those big six teams that already will qualify for Europe through their league position.

That would mean that 6th place would be a Europa League place, correct? And then if the FA Cup winner (or winner + 2nd place?) already is qualifed for Europe that 7th place would then become a Europa League place?

Yikes - that could mean things falling in line for Burnley to play in Europe... or us or Leicester or Watford...

Just now, Quinn31 said:

Manchester City and Arsenal both leading in their League Cup. 

Tomorrow will be Man U vs Bristol and Chelsea vs Bournemouth.

Very real chance that the final four ends up being Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, and Man City and/or the final is two of those big six teams that already will qualify for Europe through their league position.

That would mean that 6th place would be a Europa League place, correct? And then if the FA Cup winner (or winner + 2nd place?) already is qualifed for Europe that 7th place would then become a Europa League place?

Yikes - that could mean things falling in line for Burnley to play in Europe... or us or Leicester or Watford...

Mike will be able to answer this. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mike will be able to answer this. 

I want to say the rule is:

The Top 4 gets Champions League

5th automatically gets Europa League

The FA Cup winner gets Europa League

The EFL Cup Winner gets Europa League

If the FA Cup and/or EFL Cup winner already qualifies for Europe, the spot goes to the next highest placed team in the league?

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ali is a horrible little cunt. These tackles of his are deliberate because he's a snide little bastard. 

He's got away with them before and he will again.

He is an over rated player IMO and like you say he is a little snide cunt. 

I don' think he is a bad player but if he doesn' score he doesn' bring much else to the side. 

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

I want to say the rule is:

The Top 4 gets Champions League

5th automatically gets Europa League

The FA Cup winner gets Europa League

The EFL Cup Winner gets Europa League

If the FA Cup and/or EFL Cup winner already qualifies for Europe, the spot goes to the next highest placed team in the league?

it's the same thing every year, not sure why people always ask this.  yes 7th would get europa, yes 6th would too.  i don't want Europa, we always fuck it up and it ruins our season.  Plus i hate the thursday sunday matches, would rather regular old saturday matches.  yes that's selfish, yes i don't care.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: 

I don’t think Quinn realised what I was doing. 

No, I didn't :lol:. Mike is either deeply confused by the rules or loves to go on long winded rants about them. I'm guessing the former? It has changed - apparently Fair Play and FA Cup 2nd place used to potentially qualify, but not anymore.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's the same thing every year, not sure why people always ask this.  yes 7th would get europa, yes 6th would too.  i don't want Europa, we always fuck it up and it ruins our season.  Plus i hate the thursday sunday matches, would rather regular old saturday matches.  yes that's selfish, yes i don't care.

Because the rules often change and some of us are quite thick.

7 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

No, I didn't :lol:. Mike is either deeply confused by the rules or loves to go on long winded rants about them. I'm guessing the former? It has changed - apparently Fair Play and FA Cup 2nd place used to potentially qualify, but not anymore.

It's neither really, Quinn. I thought you'd been here long enough to know it winds Mike up because it gets asked every year, but obviously not!

Now you know, though, make sure you ask again next season ;) 

Paul Clement sacked. 

They are so poor, but I think it's just as much the players he has to work with as it is his managerial ability - shame. If you're not going to back a manager in the transfer market coming off a season where you barely avoided relegation, how did they expect to be in any other position?

Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom, and Stoke are the sides in real, real trouble. 

45 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not watching but Alli apparently went down very easily for the Spurs pen ("OOOH. There is very little contact"), anyone see it? Prospect of two game ban?

Just watched it at half time; very similar to Niasse incident but "experts" (Gerrard & Jenas) said he was touched so was entitled to go down, strange that applies to England's golden boy but not to Oumar.

Actually not strange at all, completely predictable.

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just watched it at half time; very similar to Niasse incident but "experts" (Gerrard & Jenas) said he was touched so was entitled to go down, strange that applies to England's golden boy but not to Oumar.

He could literally take a machete to someone and pundits would defend him. 

OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) Tweeted:
21 - Most Premier League goals vs 'Big Six' Opposition since August 2014:

Jamie Vardy (21 in 40 apps)
Sergio Aguero (21 in 30 apps)
Harry Kane (16 in 30 apps)
Sadio Mané (14 in 35 apps)
Gylfi Sigurdsson (12 in 42 apps)

Impressive. https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/944665185306005504?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^0

On 23/12/2017 at 18:31, MikeO said:

FA HQ (apart from banning Charlie Austin).

Image result for tumbleweed smiley