IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Fining someone 5K euros when they earn 20x that every week is rather pointless. Maybe instead they could fine an amount linked to the number of banned games: Two games missed equals two weeks' pay. That would give the fine some teeth.

Fining someone 5K euros when they earn 20x that every week is rather pointless. Maybe instead they could fine an amount linked to the number of banned games: Two games missed equals two weeks' pay. That would give the fine some teeth.

just treat it as a doped exam, banned games. it takes 1 minute to piss in a cup.

united sign matic

Strange how they have only given him a three year deal, £40m then giving him a mid term deal. Unless they have the option for a further year.

Good signing for them, Chelsea are idiots, strengthened their rivals big time there.

Strange how they have only given him a three year deal, £40m then giving him a mid term deal. Unless they have the option for a further year.

Good signing for them, Chelsea are idiots, strengthened their rivals big time there.

It does make sense if you speak to a Chelsea fan though, Matic tends to be really good or really average and Conte wants people who he can steadily rely on, that's not Matic, he goes from having a 5 one week to having a 9 the next week and Conte wants a steady 7, that is how my mate summed it up.

It does make sense if you speak to a Chelsea fan though, Matic tends to be really good or really average and Conte wants people who he can steadily rely on, that's not Matic, he goes from having a 5 one week to having a 9 the next week and Conte wants a steady 7, that is how my mate summed it up.

He started almost every game last season so he can't be that bad and he definitely strengthens UTD and theoretically should allow Pogba further forward.

So.... baecelona feels that £195m isn't enough for neymar?

I understand a degree... they will have to pay that money to get hazard and coutinho.

no they have no choice, it's a release clause. it's la liga trying to act all high and mighty. it's stupid. UEFA will overrule and he will be gone.

EDIT - yeah i think they'll pay 100m for coutinho and spend the rest on squad or something. i think they need a RB.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I read this earlier:

In Spain a player must buy himself out of his contract.

This is done by depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga - Spain's equivalent of the Premier League - to release the player from his contract. The league then passes the money to the selling club.

"We can confirm that the lawyers of the player have come to La Liga to deposit the clause and that it has been rejected," La Liga told BBC Sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854

Basically La Liga are technically in breach of contract if the amount to release him from his contract has been met and then rejected. Im sick of hearing about him already, wish they would get this transfer over and done with. Dembele (Dortmund) and Coutinho I think will be signed as replacements, Hazard is more of a Madrid player.

I read this earlier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854

Basically La Liga are technically in breach of contract if the amount to release him from his contract has been met and then rejected. Im sick of hearing about him already, wish they would get this transfer over and done with. Dembele (Dortmund) and Coutinho I think will be signed as replacements, Hazard is more of a Madrid player.

agree with all of this

I hope PSG get knocked out of the CL early and then the EL too.

Why? I'm made up they've taken one of Barcas best players. Barca do it year in year out and everyone says "when Barca come calling you don't refuse". Well fuckBar elona, they've just had one of their star players taken from them so now they know how it feels!

Why? I'm made up they've taken one of Barcas best players. Barca do it year in year out and everyone says "when Barca come calling you don't refuse". Well fuckBar elona, they've just had one of their star players taken from them so now they know how it feels!

Agreed! Barca broke so many rules to sign Neymar, including evading taxes, hid funds, changed presidents, sat out two transfer windows in order to sign him, purchased illicit favours for his father and broke international law for Neymar. A lot more here: https://twitter.com/BTLvid/status/892809049623982080

Made up PSG got him.

Agreed! Barca broke so many rules to sign Neymar, including evading taxes, hid funds, changed presidents, sat out two transfer windows in order to sign him, purchased illicit favours for his father and broke international law for Neymar. A lot more here: https://twitter.com/BTLvid/status/892809049623982080

Made up PSG got him.

Yep if Karma was real this would be a perfect example of it.

And hopefully they'll take Coutinho from Liverpool which will make it even better!

Paying £200mil for 1 player and paying them half a mil a week is a joke and it's bad for the game.

Neymar has gone for the money and to be the best player in the team. Everything that is wrong about modern day football.