IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The standard of the German league must be terrible if the shite can comfortably beat Leipzig like they have done. 

Bayern keep buying the best players from the club's below them so they are always safe at the top but at the detriment of the rest of the league. Add to that Chelsea have raided Leverkusen and Redbull for their best players this season. Plus mid table clubs over there are used by our bottom half teams like Burnley, Leeds, and Brighton.

Apart from Bayern the other clubs only tend to sign older players who's contracts are expiring or flopps going on the cheap. More recently they're going after our young players so they can develop and flip them back. 

Edit: looking at RBL alone their side has three players failed in the prem. Goalie couldn't get a sniff in at Liverpool, Angelino couldn't get a game for city and Sorloth the giant striker couldn't get in the palace side. Their best player is also going Bayern at the end of the season.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The standard of the German league must be terrible if the shite can comfortably beat Leipzig like they have done. 

Weird game.  It was as though Leipzig thought they were playing Liverpool from last year, showed them far too much respect. 

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Leicester putting Sheffield to the sword. It's so apparent that Leicester are a much better side than us. Sure we beat them and drew them this year, but we managed to just eek out a 1-0 win against Sheffield. Think Leicester are nailed on for top 4

Is that the Leicester we took 4 points off this season that doesn’t sound much better maybe slightly, but the season isn’t over yet so that could easily change. 

47 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Is that the Leicester we took 4 points off this season that doesn’t sound much better maybe slightly, but the season isn’t over yet so that could easily change. 

They have 10 more points than us and a +18 goal differential over us. And of their 7 losses, only 2 have been against teams in the lower half (Leeds and Fulham).

No shame in admitting they're a much better side than us

They are 10 points in front and they have played an extra game, and in their last nine games they have Utd twice City Chelsea WHU and Spurs to play, and as you pointed out there loses have been against higher placed teams so not a good run in for them, and I agree there’s no shame in teams being much better than us, just don’t agree that they are one. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

They are 10 points in front and they have played an extra game, and in their last nine games they have Utd twice City Chelsea WHU and Spurs to play, and as you pointed out there loses have been against higher placed teams so not a good run in for them, and I agree there’s no shame in teams being much better than us, just don’t agree that they are one. 

Just have to agree to disagree on this one ☺️

On a different note, yes the loss yesterday was a huge hit to our European hopes. Silver lining is that Chelsea dropped points yesterday and both Spurs and Wet Spam lost today. If Wolves can pick up points tomorrow against the shite, that would be a great weekend of results for us, obviously with the exception of our loss. 

Just trying to find some positives so I'm not quite as depressed 😀😀😀

10 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just have to agree to disagree on this one ☺️

On a different note, yes the loss yesterday was a huge hit to our European hopes. Silver lining is that Chelsea dropped points yesterday and both Spurs and Wet Spam lost today. If Wolves can pick up points tomorrow against the shite, that would be a great weekend of results for us, obviously with the exception of our loss. 

Just trying to find some positives so I'm not quite as depressed 😀😀😀

It’s a strange season that’s for sure, with 10 games left for most teams there are still a lot of twists and turns to come, and how the top 7 finish up is anyone’s guess. 

Just seen the Roofe red card. Absolutely disgusting, shouldn't ever be allowed on a football pitch again. Absolutely no surprise considering who is manager is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/851905/rangers-kemar-roofe-tackle-ban-rangers-racism-slavia-prague/amp/

Yet the mirror describe is as a 50/50 (they described Pickford on vvd as 'x rated') and deflect the attention all towards racism. Shit like that undermines any attempts of kicking out racism. The challenge is disgusting and pulling out the racism card doesn't excuse it. Both are equally as bad.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rangers-slavia-kemar-roofe-tackle-23756485?fbclid=IwAR0DjHRtDITiq7m0dHquYWWzGyj3-SGRXv9nOkrAcCpioKMlMauvb970EWM

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just seen the Roofe red card. Absolutely disgusting, shouldn't ever be allowed on a football pitch again. Absolutely no surprise considering who is manager is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/851905/rangers-kemar-roofe-tackle-ban-rangers-racism-slavia-prague/amp/

Yet the mirror describe is as a 50/50 (they described Pickford on vvd as 'x rated') and deflect the attention all towards racism. Shit like that undermines any attempts of kicking out racism. The challenge is disgusting and pulling out the racism card doesn't excuse it. Both are equally as bad.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rangers-slavia-kemar-roofe-tackle-23756485?fbclid=IwAR0DjHRtDITiq7m0dHquYWWzGyj3-SGRXv9nOkrAcCpioKMlMauvb970EWM

Good grief that's a really shocking challenge, hundred times worse than Pickford's. 

Gerrard made me giggle though saying he'd stand "to-to-toe" with Kamara, I think he meant shoulder-to-shoulder, the two of them having a punch up would solve nothing (though it'd make good watching:D).

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

That needs to be played to Carl Douglas Every body was Kung Fu fighting, unbelievable challenge. 

More racist abuse online...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56478792

...but made me think, and this is just a thought rather than a solution. Are we not perpetuating racism by responding to it by taking the knee and being outraged at every new case? Does that not draw attention to it so that the knuckle draggers responsible for it feel empowered? Would it not be better to just laugh at them? Bullies are inadequate people who rely on a response to make them feel big. Not saying I have the answer but I think it's a question worth discussing.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

...but made me think, and this is just a thought rather than a solution. Are we not perpetuating racism by responding to it by taking the knee and being outraged at every new case? Does that not draw attention to it so that the knuckle draggers responsible for it feel empowered? Would it not be better to just laugh at them? Bullies are inadequate people who rely on a response to make them feel big. Not saying I have the answer but I think it's a question worth discussing.

Them getting attention from it is definitely part of the problem, I was thinking about this the other day.

Fucked if I know what the answer is though. 

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Yes it does enrage bellends..... They see white people amongst people of colour supporting an anti-racism movement as a challenge ..... Something they can get active about in their bitter twisted lives.

Similar to the anti-mask anti-vax brigade ......  Only if something impacts them personally do they become offended, so until they of a loved one catches covid to a serious level - their priority is to get the economy moving - aka be able to go the pub and do whatever it is they want.

This past year has been very sad.  

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don’t know the answer mate, but I’m beginning to believe that as a white man who hasn’t had to live with racism aimed at him, I will always struggle to find out and understand how to combat it. 
I think the people who suffer racism should be listened to more and given the powers to implement the solutions they believe will  help them and the situation, because politicians, industry leaders and most sporting bodies are run by a large majority of whites, who over decades have proven inadequate at resolving the situation.

I maybe completely wrong but what’s happening now isn’t working, and many believe it’s getting worse.

On 21/03/2021 at 16:54, markjazzbassist said:

West ham go up 3-0 on arsenal 32 minutes in.  Game ends 3-3.  @dunlopp9987 this is why I don’t think west ham will end up top 5.  Classic moyes performance.  Took off Bowen when he was up and put on mark noble to protect the lead. Which ends up throwing it away.

They had thrown it away long before then in terms of chances against. He needed more players in midfield because Arsenal were all over them. West Ham created nothing before the sub and after it they had some good opportunities on the break to kill the game off but didn't take them.