IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

34 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Alisson is going on the back of my Everton shirt at this rate, you love to see it 💙. The wheels are absolutely falling off for them here, from 1-0 up to 3-1 down in about 10 minutes?

Just had a look and it's -1°c in Leicester so understandable that the goalkeeper would struggle...🤡

Gonna be -30c here tomorrow night, so I have no pity for ol' Frigid Feet

45 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Good heavens, where’s “here”?  I live in a sometimes cold cabin, but -30c, whoa!

Minnesota. We're gonna end up having a 12-day stretch where the high doesn't get above -12c. With wind chill tomorrow night, it's gonna get down to -40. 

Can't wait for covid to be over so I can head back to New York.

On 07/02/2021 at 18:44, Hafnia said:

Just texted my brother and my mate who's a city fan with the message "foden will be the best player in the world within a couple of years".

England should be winning a major comp with the likes of Greenwood, Grealish, Foden, Godfrey, Reece James.... But foden looks to have a the best bits of Messi, Xavi and iniesta rolled into one player. 

We really do have a strong core of players going into the next tournament. Even the likes of Mason Mount is playing out of his skin at Chelsea at the moment. We just need to find some defenders and a keeper!

Well if we were hoping for a big Leipzig win before they head into the derby this weekend, that was anything but. A little worried that we could be going in with back to back losses and them with a confidence boost today. 

Praying we don't get obliterated tomorrow and it saps us of all positive momentum heading into the weekend

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Fulham picked up points today, if they keep playing like this they could stay up.  Lookman with another goal.  

love seeing west brom drop points.  This is the year fat Sam gets relegated.  I think they are too far back and just don’t have the quality to get the wins they need.

I sure hope so. But this season has been the most topsy-turvy ever, you just never know. Fulham were 10 points off safety this time last week and 3 wins in a row has them 3 points from the drop. I obviously think Fulham are a better team than West Brom, but it just goes to show things can change on a dime

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Fulham picked up points today, if they keep playing like this they could stay up.  Lookman with another goal.  

love seeing west brom drop points.  This is the year fat Sam gets relegated.  I think they are too far back and just don’t have the quality to get the wins they need.

I feel for WBA. Never had anything against them but my disdain for that waste of oxygen means his failure is more important. 

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

mou ain't gonna last long losing to the likes of west ham.  you have to give moyes credit, he's worked wonders with that squad and they are fighting for top 4.

Yep, West Ham aren't going anywhere. I know a few people on here assumed they'd drop off eventually (which they still might) but I think we could see anywhere from 6-9 teams fighting for European spots down the home stretch

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yep, West Ham aren't going anywhere. I know a few people on here assumed they'd drop off eventually (which they still might) but I think we could see anywhere from 6-9 teams fighting for European spots down the home stretch

west ham still have city, united, leicester, and us to play.  also wolves, i only mention them because jimenez is back training which means they will turn back into a real side again, and could be a tough one, he's a beast.  we have the much easier run up.  i could see them dropping points to all of those sides as moyes is never up for the big games.

9 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The league being what it is this season is perfect for him really. Teams that be consistent will fly and consistency is one of the things he’s good at getting out of a side. 

Lee Mason will be avoiding match of the day tonight. Blew the whistle for a freekick to be taken but just before it hits the back of the net blew his whistle again.

Gave it as a goal, goes to the monitor to check and before he can look VAR have it on the screens that they've overruled it.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Lee Mason will be avoiding match of the day tonight. Blew the whistle for a freekick to be taken but just before it hits the back of the net blew his whistle again.

Gave it as a goal, goes to the monitor to check and before he can look VAR have it on the screens that they've overruled it.

According to the radio commentary he disallowed it to start with, then changed his mind and gave it, then chalked it off again after VAR. They thought he was on his way to look at the monitor at the end but then said he just went to explain his decision to Allardyce and Potter instead, I've no seen it but that's how it was described.

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

According to the radio commentary he disallowed it to start with, then changed his mind and gave it, then chalked it off again after VAR. They thought he was on his way to look at the monitor at the end but then said he just went to explain his decision to Allardyce and Potter instead, I've no seen it but that's how it was described.

It was an absolute comedy of errors, made worse by the fact they lost 1-0. However, they missed two penalties. Yes, hold Mason accountable for this fuck-upery, but Brighton lost this game all on their own

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12230707/west-brom-brighton-referee-shambles-lee-mason-disallows-then-gives-goal-before-var-rules-it-out

Have a 30 second advert to see a one minute clip :shakingfist:

Just now, MikeO said:

I think we have to get six points next week though or other's stumbles will be meaningless.

That’s right mate, but it’s nice to be in a position that where we finish this season is in our own hands, and if like you say we win our games then what others do won’t effect us. 
4th could be a real possibility but I would happily take 5th or 6th that would be a huge improvement on last season. 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Arsenal 1-3 up against Leicester and West Ham losing are great results in helping us achieve a European spot. 

Leicester might end up falling away, Vardy is off form after his operation and both Barnes and Maddison have come off injured. 

They're a little bit like us in the sense that they have some outstanding players, but lack the squad depth to really keep up momentum when a few of those outstanding players are removed. 

West Ham are hanging in there, but I expect them to drop off once this purple patch clears. They're punching way above their weight IMO.