IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Didn't I see somewhere that Carlo said in an interview that he wasn't interested in doing much business during the January window? I understand the importance of getting Digne, Allan and James back, but if we're seriously pushing for top 4, we have to bring in a backup striker that's capable and another winger.

This season is an anomaly... Never before have I seen top 4 sides drop points against lesser sides with such regularity.

Once we get in top 4 and we make group stages of champions League then that's when we should break through the glass ceiling of ffp and with Carlos pull we should get top quality players in. 

10 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Didn't I see somewhere that Carlo said in an interview that he wasn't interested in doing much business during the January window? I understand the importance of getting Digne, Allan and James back, but if we're seriously pushing for top 4, we have to bring in a backup striker that's capable and another winger.

He did indeed.

4 minutes ago, Formby said:

Indeed! This may be of interest: Law 12 of the FA Rule book. Some changes were made in the Ferguson era, I think.

Direct and indirect free kicks and penalty kicks can only be awarded for offences committed when the ball is in play. Or, in the case of Manchester United, when a ball is no longer in play and the game has ended.

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges
  • jumps at
  • kicks or attempts to kick
  • pushes
  • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
  • tackles or challenges
  • trips or attempts to trip
  • Or, in the case of Manchester United, when an opposing player comes within twelve feet of making a tackle, when a Manchester United player trips over their own feet, and when a Manchester United player simply asks for one.    

:lol: 

Villa have been fucked twice over the past two seasons with penalties for United. That one yesterday and last season when Fernandes did a turn and jumped onto the Villa defender. He actually fouled the Villa defender (Konsa)! How VAR looked at both of these incidents and decided they were penalties is crazy.

The amount of penalties they get is ridiculous.

Arsenal starting to look like the Arsenal we usually know. A likely win here puts them 3 off the top 6. I still think they're weak at the back, but they've got some real weapons going forward (Saka looking the real deal) and I think they're gonna start being in the discussion for all these teams bunched up in the top half 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Arsenal starting to look like the Arsenal we usually know. A likely win here puts them 3 off the top 6. I still think they're weak at the back, but they've got some real weapons going forward (Saka looking the real deal) and I think they're gonna start being in the discussion for all these teams bunched up in the top half 

Quite funny that a couple of weeks back Allardyce was calling them relegation rivals:D

56 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I wouldn't get too excited, two wins against relegation fodder doesn't change anything for me, they're a poor side that have been overstaying their welcome in the top six for a while now, against teams of real quality I still have questions to ask about them. 

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

I wouldn't get too excited, two wins against relegation fodder doesn't change anything for me, they're a poor side that have been overstaying their welcome in the top six for a while now, against teams of real quality I still have questions to ask about them. 

We barely managed to squeak out a 1-0 against a team that has 2 points all season. Arsenal have thoroughly dominated against a team that, in the last few weeks, have drawn with City and Liverpool. Not saying they're world beaters, cause I still think they'll finish outside the top 6, but I think they're finding their confidence and are going to be in the conversation for top 6

On 02/01/2021 at 20:33, dunlopp9987 said:

I have been critical of Arsenal's kids on here recently but Saka has really stepped up. He has shown some excellent decision making and execution too. 

My view with Arsenal is that they look more of a team than us, but we have the better players and probably a more cohesive squad when fully fit. 

Any team that puts a run together can dramatically change their position. On the one hand you have Arsenal and on the other you have Chelsea!

I wasn't sure about him to start with but now he has settled Ruben Dias looks a player. Not only that but he has such a great mentality. It takes a lot for someone to come into a top side like that, displace Laporte and then command games the way he has been recently.

More importantly for City is that he has formed a great partnership with Stones who look a really good pair too.

I also thought that is two games in a row that Gundogan has been outstanding. It isn't often that a player in that midfield outshines KDB but he has done that in my opinion.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marine-tottenham-hotspur-fa-cup-19598821.amp

Marine sold 30,000 virtual tickets for the game last night. Great for the club and wonder whether that'll count as the highest attendance this season.

See they did a special "Merseyside" shirt for the occasion (shame about the model).

Capture.JPG