IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Was tempted to go for West ham players after there surprising start. Fortunately they had spurs away and we all know what Moyes is like against top 6 away. 3 nil down in 16 minutes. Wonder what his half time talk will be ...

Probably, "...wait for Bale to come on...".

3-3

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Barkley costing us again. Bastard :lol:.

As much as I didn't want Barkley to score, I'm happy Villa won because over the course of the season Leicester will be the bigger threat - Villa have had an exceptional start by their standards, but won't be in (or near IMO) the European places come May. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s just brilliant. I always take a full carrier bag of food to the home games, I make my son carry it, he’s whinged a few times as it’s heavy, but it’s so he realises life’s not always rosy, and that were lucky to have got S tickets and being able to afford them.

• 2 weeks later...

People keep saying it will be City / Liverpool 1st and 2nd but this City side isn't right at all. Ederson is making a big error a game, so is Walker. Dias isn't settled yet and looks a bit rash at times. Cancelo and Rodri look a lot more settled and Torres looks a player but Sterling has been awful every game I have seen of him this season. 

They aren't firing and aren't close to it and they will keep dropping points.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

People keep saying it will be City / Liverpool 1st and 2nd but this City side isn't right at all. Ederson is making a big error a game, so is Walker. Dias isn't settled yet and looks a bit rash at times. Cancelo and Rodri look a lot more settled and Torres looks a player but Sterling has been awful every game I have seen of him this season. 

They aren't firing and aren't close to it and they will keep dropping points.

Victor Font, the favourite to take over the FC Barcelona presidency has stated that he would move heaven and Earth to bring Pep Guardiola back to the club, I really think that this is the closing chapter for the Pep era with them - they've been an unbelievable side (arguably one of the best ever) but have been over the hill for 12 months and a bit now, they won't retain the title for me but will have enough quality to comfortably bob around 2nd/3rd. 

A fresh start, with a new set of eyes is exactly what they need IMO - providing they make the right choice of coach of course! 

On another subject, I've never really rated Ederson - he's brilliant with his feet but has a clanger in him. A very good goalkeeper don't get me wrong, but not even close to being in the ''elite'' bracket that you would expect from a side competing at the very top in England - wouldn't get close to the likes of Neuer, ter Stegen or Oblak.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Victor Font, the favourite to take over the FC Barcelona presidency has stated that he would move heaven and Earth to bring Pep Guardiola back to the club, I really think that this is the closing chapter for the Pep era with them - they've been an unbelievable side (arguably one of the best ever) but have been over the hill for 12 months and a bit now, they won't retain the title for me but will have enough quality to comfortably bob around 2nd/3rd. 

A fresh start, with a new set of eyes is exactly what they need IMO - providing they make the right choice of coach of course! 

On another subject, I've never really rated Ederson - he's brilliant with his feet but has a clanger in him. A very good goalkeeper don't get me wrong, but not even close to being in the ''elite'' bracket that you would expect from a side competing at the very top in England - wouldn't get close to the likes of Neuer, ter Stegen or Oblak.

Yeh I think you are right. The edge isn't there for them anymore. There is an element of going through the motions and Pep moving on looks inevitable sooner or later. They may still make it to 2nd in the table but I don't watch them anymore and think they are clear of the rest like they were the last few seasons. 

He impressed me when he came here and I think he was very solid in his first couple of seasons but last season he was making errors and he is making more this season. I would have ranked him in the top keepers in this league but he is now in the best of the rest brigade with the large majority. Like you say he has never been at the level of the keepers you have mentioned. 

Anyone watching Aston Villa giving a proper spanking to Arsenal? I would have half their first team in a heartbeat at Everton, particularly their attacking four, and it looks it will be a massive improvement on what we have. It hurts me to say this, but Barkley is one of them.

On 08/11/2020 at 18:32, Zoo 2.0 said:

Nope. Signed a new two-year contract with City.

Man City playing some really good football in this game but Walker is terrible and Cancelo hasn't been good enough when stepping into midfield. 

Another big error that won't go down as an error by Ederson too. Son probably doesn't even shoot if he stays back and let's Cancelo recover. 

City should have scored a couple by now but Spurs look like they could cut them open on every attack. 

59 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Man City playing some really good football in this game but Walker is terrible and Cancelo hasn't been good enough when stepping into midfield. 

Another big error that won't go down as an error by Ederson too. Son probably doesn't even shoot if he stays back and let's Cancelo recover. 

City should have scored a couple by now but Spurs look like they could cut them open on every attack. 

Kane has evolved his game very well.  His passing ability and awareness is top class.

Pisses me off with his cheating though. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Ederson just isn't a good goalkeeper.

Big rebuild of that side is needed, and you'd think Pep has been promised the money to do that and that's why he's signed the new contract.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ederson just isn't a good goalkeeper.

Big rebuild of that side is needed, and you'd think Pep has been promised the money to do that and that's why he's signed the new contract.

Crazy how much money they've spunked up the wall though, questions have surely got to be asked as to why a rebuild is needed with the amount of money they've spent (but they won't because it's a bottomless pit). 

I'm a massive fan of Guardiola, but I'm starting to have my doubts about what he can achieve with Manchester City, it would have been in everyone's best interest IMO to call it a day this summer and start from scratch. He created on of the best Premier League teams in history, but that was a good 18 months ago now.

Agree on Ederson too, they should be all over Donnarumma in the summer.