IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

7 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The game has been dull as dishwater too, I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than watch any of this back. United will be torn apart next week against City, could be another 1-6.

Palace are dreadful too mind, it's got 0-0 written all over this unless someone falls asleep at the back and gives away a penalty, both sides should be relegated on the spot for serving up such drab shite. 

Whiskey has got me through tonight.

Hard to watch hey, looks really foggy and just no quality from either team. United where snatching late goals in these games to get 3 points earlier in the season. Fingers crossed they don’t here. Potential to be 2 points off second after our game in hand at this rate...

7 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Was really hoping they could hold on. A) for the points potentially dropped by Leicester and b) I like Graham Potter and hope to see them stay up this season

Shame really, they looked the much better team for the first half. I like them too, they try to get the ball down and move it around nicely. 

Very happy for Fulham and Parker.  When I first got into the EPL I followed Fulham and Everton, I loved Clint Dempsey.  Everton is my main club but I still have a soft spot for Fulham. 

parker has done a hell of a job.  It looked dire for a while there but he kept them at it and now they are a result away from escaping the relegation zone.  Plenty to play for left but they seem to be in way better form than Newcastle and west brom at the moment.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Very happy for Fulham and Parker.  When I first got into the EPL I followed Fulham and Everton, I loved Clint Dempsey.  Everton is my main club but I still have a soft spot for Fulham. 

parker has done a hell of a job.  It looked dire for a while there but he kept them at it and now they are a result away from escaping the relegation zone.  Plenty to play for left but they seem to be in way better form than Newcastle and west brom at the moment.

Fair play to parker.  Done a great job. 

I find Brighton quite incredible to watch. They create plenty of decent chances, don't concede loads but tend to miss the sitters and concede unlikely goals. If you went purely on xG they would be in 5th this season. They were expected to score 15 more goals than they have which is 4 more than the next closest (Sheffield Utd).

Before you naysayers chip in as well, the rest of the league isn't too dissimilar to what it currently is. Brighton are just a massive outlier.

In case anyone was wondering, we are the side at the other end of that spectrum that are massively outperforming their stats with a goal difference of just under 11.5 goals more than expected!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I find Brighton quite incredible to watch. They create plenty of decent chances, don't concede loads but tend to miss the sitters and concede unlikely goals. If you went purely on xG they would be in 5th this season. They were expected to score 15 more goals than they have which is 4 more than the next closest (Sheffield Utd).

Before you naysayers chip in as well, the rest of the league isn't too dissimilar to what it currently is. Brighton are just a massive outlier.

In case anyone was wondering, we are the side at the other end of that spectrum that are massively outperforming their stats with a goal difference of just under 11.5 goals more than expected!

How are corners viewed on xG? 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

West Ham jumping us at the moment with their current score of 2-0 over Leeds. Wasn't worried about them before but they haven't seemed to slow down much. 

They're another one that people seem to think are gonna go away. I don't think so. They have a relatively favorable run-in, and they're in fantastic form. They'll be in it to the end

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's not a stat, it's a judgement parading as a stat.  and it's shite.

Then why are the rest largely in the right order? 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

How are corners viewed on xG? 

Im not sure what you mean? It would depend on the quality of the chance that comes from it.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Then why are the rest largely in the right order? 

Im not sure what you mean? It would depend on the quality of the chance that comes from it.

Just intrigued as corners are the one situation where defining an xG is difficult. 

29 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

They're another one that people seem to think are gonna go away. I don't think so. They have a relatively favorable run-in, and they're in fantastic form. They'll be in it to the end

I agree. They have a good mix of players and credit to Moyes getting them firing on all cylinders, as much as I hate to admit it. 

West Ham is just one of those teams that I don't like; hate when they do well and was happy when they got relegated before. 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

They beat Leeds, if they beat Chelsea/United/city/Spurs sure let’s add them to the top 5 convo but for now I still don’t think they’ll be there.  Last week you were talking up arsenal and their chances.  I don’t think they will be in the mix either.

the one I’m worried about is Spurs.  Mou got bale going and now they have won 2 in a row and are playing more attacking and less parked bus.  son Kane bale is as good as it gets for a front 3.  

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

They beat Leeds, if they beat Chelsea/United/city/Spurs sure let’s add them to the top 5 convo but for now I still don’t think they’ll be there.  Last week you were talking up arsenal and their chances.  I don’t think they will be in the mix either.

the one I’m worried about is Spurs.  Mou got bale going and now they have won 2 in a row and are playing more attacking and less parked bus.  son Kane bale is as good as it gets for a front 3.  

In regards to Wet Spam, look at their last 7 fixtures. One against us and one against Chelsea. Those are their hard matchups. Otherwise they have Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom and Soton. 

Don't see how you can write them off with that type of run-in

38 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

In regards to Wet Spam, look at their last 7 fixtures. One against us and one against Chelsea. Those are their hard matchups. Otherwise they have Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom and Soton. 

Don't see how you can write them off with that type of run-in

probably the PTSD from moyes era everton when i first started being a fan.  big match that means something coming up?  bottled it.  big showdown?  play for a draw.  maybe moyes really has turned the corner, for our sake i hope not