IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

On 12/09/2022 at 11:26, Btay said:

Bought a kit for the first time in many years. Not so much because I think it’s a great kit or anything but finally feel a connection back with the team.

Club canceled my ordered because they couldn’t verify me… despite being signed up with the official website for 10+ years. We’re still in shambles boys.

35 minutes ago, StevO said:

We spent about £80m on Keane, Mina and Godfrey. 
These two costing hardly anything and putting the others to shame with their simple no nonsense defending and occasional smashing an opponent. Love them both. 
Hope we make Coady’s stay permanent very soon. 

Just said the same in the Coady thread, the picture looks like a big brother looking after his younger kid brother 👍

37 minutes ago, StevO said:

These two costing hardly anything and putting the others to shame with their simple no nonsense defending and occasional smashing an opponent. Love them both. 

There are a couple of occasions each game when they mess up but it's natural, you're not going to have perfect games and will give up a chance or two, but on the whole they've been good. Particularly the past 2 games.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think Coady and Tarks, and all the defense for that matter cover for each other which is great, they are a proper unit, and will get better with every game.

Coady will help players like Godfrey improve, he has obvious physical and footballing talent that Coady and Tarks will sharpen with their experience.

Have you not realised that players can't just have a bad game by now?! There is always something underlying. Get with the program, LB.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Brings it more into perspective when you put it like that, must be very sobering for Moshiri in getting so much so wrong for so long with his appointments. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Have you not realised that players can't just have a bad game by now?! There is always something underlying. Get with the program, LB.

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

Never :shakingfist:

What the fuck is going on here? That first reply to LB was in the Gordon thread before, how the fuck has it now become a reply to a post about Coady and Tarkowski in here?!

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Is it the players? Sure. But a large part of this is coaching too. There seems a genuine plan. Keane and Godfrey aren't anywhere near as bad as most make out and they had to play with no midfield in front of them plus an aging Coleman. 

Thought Coady had the option to buy in the deal so that should be a formality. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Is it the players? Sure. But a large part of this is coaching too. There seems a genuine plan. Keane and Godfrey aren't anywhere near as bad as most make out and they had to play with no midfield in front of them plus an aging Coleman. 

Thought Coady had the option to buy in the deal so that should be a formality. 

Completely agree. I’m a fan of Keane, think he looked good under Carlo but terrible under Rafa. I like Godfrey too, but I don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as the hype, but massive potential. 

Id have no problem with losing Mina and Keane, if next season our second choice centre halves could be Godfrey, Holgate and Branthwaite if he does well at PSV. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

Completely agree. I’m a fan of Keane, think he looked good under Carlo but terrible under Rafa. I like Godfrey too, but I don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as the hype, but massive potential. 

Id have no problem with losing Mina and Keane, if next season our second choice centre halves could be Godfrey, Holgate and Branthwaite if he does well at PSV. 

I'd rather have Keane for next season to be honest. 

On 13/09/2022 at 04:28, Romey 1878 said:

Arsenal showed this past weekend that it’s possible to introduce a youngster to the first team without going through the years-long process of loans and bench splinters. Good on them, and I hope we’re watching. 

23 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Arsenal showed this past weekend that it’s possible to introduce a youngster to the first team without going through the years-long process of loans and bench splinters. Good on them, and I hope we’re watching. 

They gave him about five minute when they were 3-0 up. They have hardly thrown him into the deep end. 😂

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Ok we're building something here and feeling good so who wants to guess which key player gets hurt on international duty...sorry for the doom and gloom.

Coady, Patterson, Mykolenko, Gordon, Onana, Gana, Iwobi, Garner. Not wishing ill will on Rondon or Coleman but that would be best case scenario. 

I’m trying so hard not to delete this post!!

Rondon. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Ok we're building something here and feeling good so who wants to guess which key player gets hurt on international duty...sorry for the doom and gloom.

Coady, Patterson, Mykolenko, Gordon, Onana, Gana, Iwobi, Garner. Not wishing ill will on Rondon or Coleman but that would be best case scenario. 

Sacrificial injured.