IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

"The argument hinges over whether money borrowed from the club was 'general borrowings' or specifically in relation to the stadium, which is essentially a free pass. Everton's argument is the money went into the stadium fund. The Premier League has taken the alternative view, meaning they have breached the loss limit."

what a fucking joke. 

This is so unfair. I'm partially relieved that it happened this season rather than earlier because we won't get relegated this time. However, we should bring this to court because double standards are being applied. Both City and Chelsea should be punished, or nobody should. The entire FFP system is a total mess. It will never work as intended and should be abolished. If they aim for fair spending, they should consider imposing a salary/transfer cap, similar to the system in the US. The whole situation makes no fucking sense.

FFP regulations are a joke. Essentially clubs with a larger turnover are allowed to spend more. They use the narrative that these regulations are in place to guarantee clubs' financial stability, but that is not true. The punishments for breaches put the clubs in even more dangerous financial instability. They simply don't care about the well-being of the clubs. And regulations like these only make the spending disparity even bigger, which is not a competitive fair play.

City have avoided this for over 10 years, simply because they have an army of legal experts to block any case brought against them. in other words money, the very thing this whole issue is about, Chelsea the same. But the irony is completely lost on the tossers that run this shit show. We had the so called big 6 trying break the premier league  up for a super league, they get a small fine, no points deducted,  this corruption has to be halted in its tracks.

You know what we’ve been waiting and talking about this for a year now, and as much as we’ve been wronged we are Everton and we will not be beaten, we will come together as a fan base a club a team and if it’s at all possible to become stronger than we already are we will. The axes has fallen and we will beat the executioner (Premier League) and come out of this season with our status in tact and our heads held high. Then we can start next season with a clean sheet and hopefully new owners and put the last 7 years behind us for good and become the club we should be in a new stadium fit for our future. 
We can appeal and maybe get 1-4 points back I genuinely don’t think we will need them, I would rather stick the middle finger 🖕 up to them and do it the hard way and save our money, time and energy by beating them as the force we have always had. 73 years unbroken in the top flight and the fuckers won’t put an end to the next 73 years. 

25 minutes ago, Haiku said:

FFP regulations are a joke. Essentially clubs with a larger turnover are allowed to spend more. They use the narrative that these regulations are in place to guarantee clubs' financial stability, but that is not true. The punishments for breaches put the clubs in even more dangerous financial instability. They simply don't care about the well-being of the clubs. And regulations like these only make the spending disparity even bigger, which is not a competitive fair play.

The twats also say it creates an even playing field, have you ever heard so much bollocks. 

Seen a great headline in the Mail saying Man City and Chelsea face relegation after Everton’s 10 points deduction. The PL have definitely made a rod for their own backs with this one, if they don’t come down as hard on the above teams then a lot of rich overpaid executive's are going to lose their money pit jobs.  

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Seen a great headline in the Mail saying Man City and Chelsea face relegation after Everton’s 10 points deduction. The PL have definitely made a rod for their own backs with this one, if they don’t come down as hard on the above teams then a lot of rich overpaid executive's are going to lose their money pit jobs.  

Except they won't. They make too much money for the league, they know that which is why they tried to break away. They've made bigger global brands of themselves with the other 4 and know they have the power. This is a desperation move by the league to show some form of strength, but it's only showing how weak they are now.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Except they won't. They make too much money for the league, they know that which is why they tried to break away. They've made bigger global brands of themselves with the other 4 and know they have the power. This is a desperation move by the league to show some form of strength, but it's only showing how weak they are now.

You’re right of course they won’t, I just enjoyed the headline knowing the PL won’t enjoy seeing stuff like that as it will bring the weakness of their decision into focus if they don’t come down harder on City and Chelsea who’s charges make ours look pathetic in comparison. 

This is one of the biggest mistakes ever made by the Premier League, and it's going to create a huge backlash. Looking at the situation objectively, there are some positives here...

- Certainty is better than uncertainty. While the decision is extreme, at least we now know what it is and can deal with it.

- It's going to put a huge spotlight on the big teams. I don't see them continuing to get away with their financial shennanigans.

- This is the right time and the right season to face a points deduction since, on the pitch, we're on the up and up.

- If we appeal or even sue for lost TV revenues, it will bring a level of accountability the league has been sorely missing.

Oh how I wish we'd secured three points against Brighton and not just one. We wouldn't even be in the bottom three.

14 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This is one of the biggest mistakes ever made by the Premier League, and it's going to create a huge backlash. Looking at the situation objectively, there are some positives here...

- Certainty is better than uncertainty. While the decision is extreme, at least we now know what it is and can deal with it.

- It's going to put a huge spotlight on the big teams. I don't see them continuing to get away with their financial shennanigans.

- This is the right time and the right season to face a points deduction since, on the pitch, we're on the up and up.

- If we appeal or even sue for lost TV revenues, it will bring a level of accountability the league has been sorely missing.

Oh how I wish we'd secured three points against Brighton and not just one. We wouldn't even be in the bottom three.

If we'd beaten Brighton what's the bet the deduction would have been 12 points? This all stinks to high heaven.

I don’t think I’ve read one story that agrees with the severity of our punishment, hopefully the outrage of there decision and the consequences it could have going forward will make them feel forced to concede at our appeal hearing that a 10 points deduction was far to severe and 3-6 points although still sever is more than enough. Although before the hearing I expect Sheffield, Burnley, Luton, and a couple of others will be joining forces to threaten the PL with legal action should we win our appeal and get our penalty reduced. 

Go and look at who the members of the panel were and tell me how the fuck that's an independent panel.

Also, one of them was the finance director at West Ham when they got done over the Tevez affair. Funnily enough as well at the time he came out and said West Ham shouldn't be punished on the pitch.

I'm gonna get a t-shirt sorted to wear at the United game with the Premier League badge and Corrupt printed underneath.

Fuck every last one of the bastards.