IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

Exactly as I’ve been saying from day one, we are not appealing against the guilty verdict, we are appealing against the severity of the punishment, and the 1878s have listed a history of previous punishments to clubs found guilty of breaching PL rules to show the severity of our punishment, for what could be considered a lesser offence than others that were then given a less severe punishment. So thank you Dunc for addressing it to me, as you can see 1878s take on the appeal is the same as mine. 

Palfy - the club has been run shambolically to the point we sold Richarlison and Gordon to bring ourselves under what we understood was the threshold.

the fact is the epl changed the categorisation of the interest charges mid way through the year.   We were found guilty but they abused process. 

we've already snapped a branch off a tree for them to beat us with as they had us on special measures. We don't need to say we were guilty when they abused process 

5 hours ago, London Blue said:

The Premier League changed the goalposts as to what could be written off. So according to the new rules we are overspent. 

Therefore are appealing the punishment and saying we were ok until the PL moved the goalposts and here are other mitigating factors. 

Exactly this.  I'm think palfy is on the wind up...... definitely I'd say based on the lack of paragraphs.  Palfy is your "return" button broken? 🤣

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Exactly this.  I'm think palfy is on the wind up...... definitely I'd say based on the lack of paragraphs.  Palfy is your "return" button broken? 🤣

You know me Haf I don’t give on what I genuinely believe to be right, even if that alienates me from the majority. So no return button required 😂

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

The club came out with statement a few days after the first hearing to say that they were appealing against the severity of the  punishment, and if my memory serves me right it was Chong who released the statement. 

Then it shouldn’t be so hard for you to find this statement. 

But he doesn’t clarify this in the video version. He does say the punishment is unjust, but doesn’t say we will only be appealing the punishment and not the guilty verdict. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

2 years and nothing for the Stadium that’s been touted as going to be the best stadium in the country, come on Dunc do me a favour mate and accept the board are inept at running a football club. 

Spurs built possibly the best football stadium in Europe, located in London, and a few year later don’t have a sponsor. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Spurs are in a more enviable position than us because they are not desperate for the money to save their PL status, according to Levi they have received interest from companies wanting to secure the naming rights for the stadium, but Levi as said they need to find someone who is compatible with the club before making a decision. It is also believed that Spurs are trying to attract NFL team to play games at the stadium where they feel they would be able to attract a sponsor to pay in excess of 500 million for naming rights, as stadium’s have for teams in the NFL. 

I’m staring to think you are on the wind up now

Spurs have one of the best stadiums in world football and are in a dream location in London but haven’t secured a naming rightsdeal in over 5 years,But it’s savvy business acumen because they are waiting for the right deal

Yet for Everto

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, I can not believe we haven’t after 2 years not found a replacement sponsor for the stadium and the training ground, honestly what the fuck is going on within our club, if we could have found someone who only paid 20% of what USM were paying for naming rights we could have generated 40 million, and if we could have found someone to pay 50% of what USM were paying for sponsorship towards Finch Farm that could have generated somewhere in the region of 20 million a yea

Since Spurs have been looking for the right deal  we have bought a dock, filled it in, nearly completed a 3 year project to build a stadium, sold first option on naming rights for £30m , fielded interest from people interested because we are looking for the right deal and secured a £200m deal then fielded more interest as that fell through due to the war in Ukraine

26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I see the PL are planting stories with their mates in the press the day before the appeal starts...

Fair and independent though.

This bit is fucking outrageous, we are third bottom behind only Brighton & newly promoted Luton for spending and have quite clearly massively reduced the wage bill!

Unfortunately, the Premier League had held concerns about the level of Everton’s transfer and salary outgoings for some time. 

‘These concerns were expressed to the club over many months and yet, despite those warnings, Everton continued to spend significantly on transfer fees and wages, whereas other clubs remained within the relevant threshold.’

On a completely different topic, this is a fascinating article. It's sad to realize just how racist this and other countries were in the past. Frank Soo's parents could never have married in the US because of laws prohibiting mixed marriages, so at least Britain allowed that. What caught my eye, though, was reference to Tyias Browning. I had no idea his name is Jiang Guangtai, that he's a Chinese citizen, and that he plays for the Chinese national team.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67418972

49 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

On a completely different topic, this is a fascinating article. It's sad to realize just how racist this and other countries were in the past. Frank Soo's parents could never have married in the US because of laws prohibiting mixed marriages, so at least Britain allowed that. What caught my eye, though, was reference to Tyias Browning. I had no idea his name is Jiang Guangtai, that he's a Chinese citizen, and that he plays for the Chinese national team.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67418972

Really interesting article Steve thanks for posting. I confess I’d never heard of him before, yet all the players mentioned that he played with are still household names, thankfully times have changed for the better but are still nowhere near perfect. 

Im going to predict that our appeal will see us get 4 points returned, on the grounds it was grossly excessive. Then for the second breach if we are found guilty we will receive another 6 points penalty. 
They aren’t going to make it easy for us if we give them a bloody nose in the appeal, sadly they will do their damnedest to make sure we pay for it second time round. 

At this point its just a matter of which kind of shit sandwich do we get fed, there's nothing positive coming out of this especially after the glorious and widespread humiliation of the League across the media. They'll be bitching and preening like little bitches looking to cause suffering of a sense of hurt pride and spite.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With every passing game it gets harder and harder for me to deny there’s some sort of agenda against us. That penalty decision tonight was scandalous. VAR didn’t intervene because they deemed his arm to be by his side…

Just fuck off you clowns. 

I didn't/haven't seen it but I've seen an image...his arm is so far out from his side. Fuckin strange thing is this VAR.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With every passing game it gets harder and harder for me to deny there’s some sort of agenda against us. That penalty decision tonight was scandalous. VAR didn’t intervene because they deemed his arm to be by his side…

Just fuck off you clowns. 

Apparently then changed their reason to "accidental contact".

I would feel a bit hard done by if that went against us (I have no doubt it would have though), however some of the pens & calls we have had against us this year have been far more dubious than that.

How VAR at the very least, can't say to the ref " His arm is outstretched and the ball makes contact, you may want to check that on the monitor" is absolutely beyond me.

37 minutes ago, Btay said:

I would feel a bit hard done by if that went against us (I have no doubt it would have though), however some of the pens & calls we have had against us this year have been far more dubious than that.

How VAR at the very least, can't say to the ref " His arm is outstretched and the ball makes contact, you may want to check that on the monitor" is absolutely beyond me.

The thing is it doesn't matter if it's accidental, it's irrelevant, so changing it to that should not affect their job. Also, if it wasn't accidental contact for Onana against City when he was protecting his face as the ball was smashed at him at point blank range then this wasn't accidental either. He had enough time to get his arm out of the way but what he actually did was go from having his arm by his side to having it well away from his side.

They're just making things up as they go along, like the people that run the Premier League.

I wouldn't have felt hard done by if it'd been given against us because everyone knows that if your arm is away from your body then it's a penalty. The only thing I would've thought is "you fucking idiot" towards whoever had given the penalty away.

41 minutes ago, Btay said:

The rules state accidental is still a penalty i.e. the Keane and Onana penalties that went against us this season

14 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The rules state accidental is still a penalty i.e. the Keane and Onana penalties that went against us this season

I’m not saying I agree with them on this decision for a second. More highlighting the shit show that is VAR & the incompetence of it.