IGNORED

Arouna Kone

Local papers seem to think its a done deal and they are also saying its £6.5M

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/07/04/99623-33562059/

theres nothing in there thats new though. I thought Whelan confirmed the buyout was 5m anyway?

If it happens, it happens. wont be happy but once hes in a blue shirt, can do nothing more than support him.

After martinez's comment it looks very much like its happening. so everybody may as well focus on the positive aspects of signing Kone - otherwise you just end up spoiling your own weekend, and you'll never get that time back.

which comment is that?

After martinez's comment it looks very much like its happening. so everybody may as well focus on the positive aspects of signing Kone - otherwise you just end up spoiling your own weekend, and you'll never get that time back.

I read it the other way around. He is aware of the rumours but insists that he will sign players based on how they will fit in at Everton, not how well he knows them.

"A number of media outlets continue to report that the Spaniard will make free-agent Antolin Alcaraz and Wigan Athletic striker Arouna Kone his first signings at Goodison Park.

The Toffees boss understands the media attention but has reminded Evertonians he will only sign players he thinks will add to the talent and personality within the dressing room.

“You can expect those sorts of names,” Martinez told evertontv. “They are players that I know really, really well. I worked with them really closely and they are players that are used to the Premier League and the British game.

“So you will always get those sorts of situations but at the moment we are still looking to try and bring the right characters to the football Club."

I read it the other way around. He is aware of the rumours but insists that he will sign players based on how they will fit in at Everton, not how well he knows them.

"A number of media outlets continue to report that the Spaniard will make free-agent Antolin Alcaraz and Wigan Athletic striker Arouna Kone his first signings at Goodison Park.

The Toffees boss understands the media attention but has reminded Evertonians he will only sign players he thinks will add to the talent and personality within the dressing room.

“You can expect those sorts of names,” Martinez told evertontv. “They are players that I know really, really well. I worked with them really closely and they are players that are used to the Premier League and the British game.

“So you will always get those sorts of situations but at the moment we are still looking to try and bring the right characters to the football Club."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aroune-kones-peak-says-roberto-4866451

As talks continue with Wigan Martinez stressed: “Nothing has been confirmed with Arouna.

“But it has been made public that we have made an approach and we’re still dealing with it.”

But he insisted that if the negotiations are successfully completed the Blues would be recruiting a “complete striker” who would increase competition for places in a crucial department of the team.

“He’s a very complete striker,” he added.

“You don’t get many foreign strikers who come to this league and settle in straight away and be consistent over a season, but Arouna did that.

“He’s powerful, his play with his back to the game is very strong, he links up really well, he can see a pass in the final third and he is a clinical finisher.

“All in all he is a very rounded footballer. He is experienced.

“He has been in Germany, been in Holland, in Spain and he has been top goalscorer in many countries.

“Now he is competing for the Ivory Coast and we all know that they always produce outstanding strikers so he is a little bit of a combination, but I would say that he is a very experienced footballer.”

Martinez also added that Kone’s experience at Goodison Park in March, when a Wigan team which had just comprehensively ended Everton’s Wembley ambitions was warmly applauded off the pitch, was a contributory factor in the striker wanting to join the Blues.

“I think he was impressed with Goodison Park,” added Martinez.

“His experience playing as an away player is something that gave him a great feeling and he was impressed – it was something that hasn’t happened to him too often.”

I think this point in the direction that it is very likley Kone will be coming

By explaining what he sees in Kone in the way he has explained it says to me Martinez knows exactly what he's talking about, he knows exactly what he needs at Everton to make his system work and it manages the fans expectations of Kone as a striker in that he will score goals but he's also a team player who will create chances for others both with his use of the ball and the space around him.

Chances are we've already signed a cracker of a manager so get Kone in here too. Pronto! £5/6m will seem like chicken feed if he does the business compared with £5/6m for someone younger who turns out to be no good for us.

Sign him!

Newcastle in talks with him apparently.

source SSN

Reports suggesting that Newcastle have been granted permission to speak withWigan striker Arouna Kone, who has been strongly linked with a move to Everton.
by Chris Burton 1:19 PM

think this is the 1st time im routing for the barcodes :lol:

Bet he signs for them and scores 30 goals next season :(

Demba Ba? The barcodes did that with him to us, too - and got a fair old profit when they moved him on.

Sound like Newcastle have offer a little more (£5.5M)- Wigan obviosely accpeted and have allowed Newcastle to speak with the player. Buy out clause is £5M, so if Kone wants to join us then Newcastle can offer what they like.

If no Kone - then I wouldn't be against us signing Solamon Kalou for £3M - especially of he is willing to take a bit of a pay cut as mentioned below. Why not both

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2013/07/03/west-ham-rival-west-brom-for-salomon-kalou/

Sound like Newcastle have offer a little more (£5.5M)- Wigan obviosely accpeted and have allowed Newcastle to speak with the player. Buy out clause is £5M, so if Kone wants to join us then Newcastle can offer what they like.

If no Kone - then I wouldn't be against us signing Solamon Kalou for £3M - especially of he is willing to take a bit of a pay cut as mentioned below. Why not both

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2013/07/03/west-ham-rival-west-brom-for-salomon-kalou/

would rather have Kone, at least he will work.

Newcastle eh... If he goes there it will be for the spondoolies, if which is the case then so be it. Won't be the first or last time that's happened.

If he comes to us then it will be for reasons that we should be very encouraged by. His faith in Martinez for one, and the realisation in playing for a team where we have identified how he is going to fit in.

We will see. I'm just happy to witness an Everton manager trying to do his business early and is being very up front and candid about his aims and what he sees in the players.

Kalou? Meh, one of those players who steals a living. Talented but lacks a good work ethic.

Kalou? Meh, one of those players who steals a living. Talented but lacks a good work ethic.

Ideally I want a striker to put the ball in the net - sometime wonder if 'work ethicing' the goal scoring out of strikers has been occuring a few to may time in the past - although this is a topic altogether - need to get the right balance. At £3M think he's going to be a decent enough purchase for somebody (i.e Kalou or Naismith in the squad). Not going to bang a drum in Kalou's case for coming to Everton though. I definately see Kone as a much better all round purchase.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of him coming once you weigh everything up.

Van Persie, Torres, Tevez are all 29 too. Drogba was banging them in left right and centre at 32+ and so is Berbatov, so there is plenty of life in Kone. He had a knee injury in 2008 but seems fully recovered, and kept fit last year.

If you look back on Wigan highlights, he really is a tidy player.

Newcastle eh... If he goes there it will be for the spondoolies, if which is the case then so be it. Won't be the first or last time that's happened.

If he comes to us then it will be for reasons that we should be very encouraged by. His faith in Martinez for one, and the realisation in playing for a team where we have identified how he is going to fit in.

We will see. I'm just happy to witness an Everton manager trying to do his business early and is being very up front and candid about his aims and what he sees in the players.

Lol Maybe if he had kept it under wraps we could have had him signed up before Newcastle stepped in

I honestly don't think there is much secrecy in football! Apart from that wasn't it big mouth whelan who first came out with it?

Agents are all over things nowadays, they keep all clubs well informed as to who's available and for how much.

Lol, I thought that.

Martinez telling the world how good he is. :shaking fist:

Do you think we could get him to do the same for Naisy ?

Welcome aborad to the Kone fan club!! As I have said 29 is exactely over the hill and he's a really decent player

I think Martinez may have come out an started talking the lad up after he knew Newcastle have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works and started to speak to him. Bit of positive 'your great' mind games. Sounds like Kone was close to signing for us yesterday, Martinez just sweetning him up for Everton.

I honestly don't think there is much secrecy in football! Apart from that wasn't it big mouth whelan who first came out with it?

Agents are all over things nowadays, they keep all clubs well informed as to who's available and for how much.

No-one saw the Fellaini or Mirallas deals before they were broken as signing (or hours before).

It's possible. You've just got to have the right people around you to make sure it stays quiet ;)

Trouble is it's not in any agents interest to keep it quite as an ideal situation is two or three clubs going head to head for your signature. Everton may want to keep it under their hats, but agents will be touting the player about and leaking deals out to journalists will all be part of that.