IGNORED

Arouna Kone

Fellaini Nearly didn't happen because we basically went for a last minute panic buy. Baz rathbones book talks about this, he couldn't get to Belgium to do medical it was so late.

Mirallas was being toyed with by a few clubs who were put off by his injury record, arsenal the main ones.

But yeah the days of hush hush deals are pretty much gone, so many agents, journos and social media. You have to set up decoys if anything.

I see the Newcastle correspondent for their local paper has tweeted to say they are now out of the running as Kone has his heart set on Everton

Got to give him credit for that because they are bound to have offered him a better deal

I would be disappointed if we don't get him because I think he would do a decent job for us and Im not overly concerned by his age but at the same time if it didn't come off I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because its £5 - £6.5 M for a 30 year old who is going to disappear for 2 months during the most crucial part of the season when the ACN is on is hardly deal of the century

I see the Newcastle correspondent for their local paper has tweeted to say they are now out of the running as Kone has his heart set on Everton

Got to give him credit for that because they are bound to have offered him a better deal

I would be disappointed if we don't get him because I think he would do a decent job for us and Im not overly concerned by his age but at the same time if it didn't come off I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because its £5 - £6.5 M for a 30 year old who is going to disappear for 2 months during the most crucial part of the season when the ACN is on is hardly deal of the century

completely forgot about that :(

did he get called up at wigan?

I have said in the past that I didn't want Kone but you only have to look at Gayle signing for Palace for £4.5 rising to £7 mill!! 2 - 3 seasons if he does well might be a sensible buy

I have said in the past that I didn't want Kone but you only have to look at Gayle signing for Palace for £4.5 rising to £7 mill!! 2 - 3 seasons if he does well might be a sensible buy

Wow. That's truely rediculous. Someone's been given some money and gone apeshit!

Wow. That's truely rediculous. Someone's been given some money and gone apeshit!

That's what I pointed out months ago. This tv money cash injection enables smaller clubs to try and bully a game of poker rather than play it smart. It may work for them but ultimately inflates the market.

Just been reading up a bit about him. When he was still playing for Roda JC, a move to Ajax failed because their doctors found a heart condition. That didn't stop PSV from buying him a year later though. And it didn't stop Sevilla either, who had just lost their player Antonio Puerta to cardiac arrest during a game and were "extra strict" during Koné's medical. So he's fine for professional sports, just a bit of trivia.

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/07/05/is-kone-the-right-man-for-everton/

This is a really good objective write up - always enjoy the stats the executioner puts together.

Was about to post that, as usual an excellent "statistical" analysis.

I understand that opinions can be formed merely by just looking at the shirt the player wears and a linging memory of them missing a sitter on motd, however these days there really is more to a player than meets the eye.

I quite like the part that indicates that he likes to take a man on, and yeah this would have made Moyes head spin off. But Martinez lived with that, just like liverpool live with Suarez running it and losing it. Gotta break an egg to make an omelette.

Was about to post that, as usual an excellent "statistical" analysis.

I understand that opinions can be formed merely by just looking at the shirt the player wears and a linging memory of them missing a sitter on motd, however these days there really is more to a player than meets the eye.

I quite like the part that indicates that he likes to take a man on, and yeah this would have made Moyes head spin off. But Martinez lived with that, just like liverpool live with Suarez running it and losing it. Gotta break an egg to make an omelette.

Why?

Guest blueboy122

Moyes couldn't stand players losing possession - you even seen his reactions if they attempted a dribble and lost it. For me it ain't so bad as long as they aren't the last man or do it in their own half.

Ironically Moyes was happy to hoof long and lose the ball anyway.