IGNORED

Arouna Kone

The bigger picture is that we're skint so we do need to focus on individuals and their cost. It's actually quite important for a club like Everton.

We're still just outside the top 20 richest clubs in the world according to Bill. It really isn't a money making market is it? :dont know:

Guest blueboy122

You never read things properly do you?

I certainly didn't mention that the board (!?) have passed up on the opportunity to sign anyone. Nor did I mention them not trying?

Clearly what I stated is that we SHOULD be busting a gut to at least try.

I don't know if they have or not, but I'd hope they are.

How was I meant to read that post properly then?

You certainly didnt mention the board but who do you think does the transfers at our club? The transfer angels come in and wave a magic wand?

Clearly you stated we SHOULD be trying to sign and my post to you was clearly you know that we arent otherwise you wouldnt be saying we should be doing X,Y,Z rather than signing Kone.

Guest blueboy122

Haha I wasn't really, I'm in a hotel, by the beach, eating Cheetos and laughing at the signing.

I can't draw :unsure:

Still, happy to see half of the Everton faithful are happy with mediocrity...? All I've seen since the announcment on sites like the BBC and Sky, are "cracking signing", "great buy"....how is this a "great" buy?

We have mediocrity at board level, people moan. Now we are aiming for it at team level, everyone's f*cking giddy and moist.

We should do better than this, full stop.

A great buy is the negotiators busting their sacks, trying to pursuade a genuinely World Class player in Honda, to join for the reported £2/3m that it'll take to capture him.

This is a very 'meh' buy. Full-stop.

If some of you on here (and in other media outlets) truely believe this to be a "great" buy....then fuck me, we're truely living in deluded times.

I'm not fucking surprised they removed Nil Satis Nisi Optimum from the badge, because by the sounds of it, we have accepted everything but the best.

How you can say people are deluded for calling this a great buy is well and truely deluded.

He hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet?

You be little people and call them deluded if they have an alternative view to yours by calling them deluded.

What happens if he grabs 10-15 goals and becomes integral in rejuvinating Jelly and he grabs 15-20 goals.

Tell me who's deluded ten because your talking out of your arse as per because he isnt a marquee signing and didnt play for Barcelona for two years.

Your opinions are Naive to say the least.

How you can say people are deluded for calling this a great buy is well and truely deluded.

He hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet?

You be little people and call them deluded if they have an alternative view to yours by calling them deluded.

What happens if he grabs 10-15 goals and becomes integral in rejuvinating Jelly and he grabs 15-20 goals.

Tell me who's deluded ten because your talking out of your arse as per because he isnt a marquee signing and didnt play for Barcelona for two years.

errr, hypocrisy?! :rofl:

is there any player who scored more or the same number goals than Kone in the PL last season that we could buy at that price ?

the answer is clearly NO ! not even at double that price

all the pessimism and moaning has no substance - no reasons are given apart from age - then Distan must go as well and Giggs and Scoles should have retired ages ago

Haha I wasn't really, I'm in a hotel, by the beach, eating Cheetos and laughing at the signing.

I can't draw :unsure:

Still, happy to see half of the Everton faithful are happy with mediocrity...? All I've seen since the announcment on sites like the BBC and Sky, are "cracking signing", "great buy"....how is this a "great" buy?

We have mediocrity at board level, people moan. Now we are aiming for it at team level, everyone's f*cking giddy and moist.

We should do better than this, full stop.

A great buy is the negotiators busting their sacks, trying to pursuade a genuinely World Class player in Honda, to join for the reported £2/3m that it'll take to capture him.

This is a very 'meh' buy. Full-stop.

If some of you on here (and in other media outlets) truely believe this to be a "great" buy....then fuck me, we're truely living in deluded times.

I'm not fucking surprised they removed Nil Satis Nisi Optimum from the badge, because by the sounds of it, we have accepted everything but the best.

as big a load of rubbish I have read on here in a while

no we can't really do better than this - we are not in the position to be attracting World Class players - if Honda fancied Milan then we haven't got a chance, and we haven't got the money to offer him a silly contract, we haven't got European football, the chances of CL are not that high, how do you sell Everton over Milan? Honda will not have a clue about our club.

I am afraid Nil Satis Nisi Optimum is more tuned to asking any individual player to give his best when he puts on an Everton shirt on these days, its been a long time since we could afford the best . If you are talking about only having the best footballers in the world then you are deluded in all honesty as they cost top dollar these days and are well out of our financial league. I am afraid NSNO is only a traditional moto, and has to be considered in the context of our financial limits nowadays.

It's all very well having Champaign tastes, but its no good if you only have lemonade pockets.

Perhaps Kone is the best we can realistically afford.

I would LIKE a Ferrari, but have to do with a Focus.

I agree its mediocre ten, but for the money i think its a fair signing. If we had more money to spend to buy the three or four players we need then i'd be pissed off too. But the mediocre board have got us in this situation where we dont have the extra to spend. I dont think many other forwards in the prem would go for less.

I also think Roberto is playing it safe with a player he thinks he can trust to help him bring in his ideas., for now i trust Roberto.

problem is steve we don't have much money to spend and spending most(if not all) our transfer budget on this isn't good enough...unless we have a 30m transfer budget(hahahahahaha) then this is a shite signing for the money...meh at best

Guest blueboy122

Haha. Some of these responses, brilliant.

Kone - Evertons future. Number 9, hero of our times.

Forgot we'd signed Pele MKII

:rofl:

Says the person who describes a player as "shit" but can't justify the reasons as to why? Aha. As been mentioned ALREADY on this thread; hypocrit.

Talking like Blueboy122 - "Kone is shit".

And for the record, I've never said it about him. It's never been about the player as per say (although I don't rate him as highly as the majority seem to), it's mainly down to the deal itself, £6 'fuckin-million' quid. Baha.

Guest blueboy122

No one ever compared him to Pele Ten. I initially thought he would be a shit signing but I have come round to the idea that he can be a good signing for us as he has alot of good attributes about his game which we were lacking last season.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist mate.

Guest blueboy122

Says the person who describes a player as "shit" but can't justify the reasons as to why? Aha. As been mentioned ALREADY on this thread; hypocrit.

Talking like Blueboy122 - "Kone is shit".

And for the record, I've never said it about him. It's never been about the player as per say (although I don't rate him as highly as the majority seem to), it's mainly down to the deal itself, £6 'fuckin-million' quid. Baha.

What alternative player would you of signed just out of interest?

Where does mark2 Pele play also?

Never heard of him

:dry:

problem is steve we don't have much money to spend and spending most(if not all) our transfer budget on this isn't good enough...unless we have a 30m transfer budget(hahahahahaha) then this is a shite signing for the money...meh at best

Who else are you going to buy then out of interest to play up front for £5mil? Its not a big market, especially not in our wage structure.

Guest blueboy122

like Ten says, as Romey has said, and several others - its more about the transfer fee than the players ability. I dont understand why the more happy people dont understand this :huh:

Understand that but its not a huge amount its only £5 million if it was £15 million I could understand a little more. Yes its a big amount to us but what other player could we of signed that is as good as Kone?

No one ever compared him to Pele Ten. I initially thought he would be a shit signing but I have come round to the idea that he can be a good signing for us as he has alot of good attributes about his game which we were lacking last season.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist mate.

You said I was talking out of my arse "mate"?

And before that you tried to make me look a tit by BS your way into a response?

Of course they'll get a little twisted.

As Matt has just kindly pointed out (for the Nth time in this thread already), it's about the deal. The monies. The cost. The price. Everything about the deal is shite. But people have ignored that fact by;

A - Talking him up as a player, as if he's the savour of our club.

&

B - Picking on the people who reiterate the fact of the matter, that the deal, for our club, is poor.

like Ten says, as Romey has said, and several others - its more about the transfer fee than the players ability. I dont understand why the more happy people dont understand this :huh:

Maybe because the unhappy lot keep making out like he is shite!

From a business POV it might not be the greatest but its a sound footballing decision from Martinez based on what I have seen of him.

I'm pretty sure I have just been reading quitee a bit of criticism of the player himself in the past couple of pages of this thread.

anyone who isn't happy about this all of a sudden doesn't become a football scout with a world of knowledge at his finger tips...i don't know of any strikers that may or may not be worth 5-6m...just in my opinion kone isn't...he's had one DECENT(not great) premiership season..for 6m we could get 2-3 good prospect strikers..guidetti seems very popular around these parts? has everyon forgot vellios? to me the money could have been spent better elsewhere...such a lazy argument saying well who could we get for better

You said I was talking out of my arse "mate"?

And before that you tried to make me look a tit by BS your way into a response?

Of course they'll get a little twisted.

As Matt has just kindly pointed out (for the Nth time in this thread already), it's about the deal. The monies. The cost. The price. Everything about the deal is shite. But people have ignored that fact by;

A - Talking him up as a player, as if he's the savour of our club.

&

B - Picking on the people who reiterate the fact of the matter, that the deal, for our club, is poor.

Out of interest would you still think its a bad deal if he scores 12-15 goals next year?

Obviously this is prophesising but, what about if we Jela for 5-6mil? Giving us a better striker for no outgoings and probably less wages?

Plus I would hardly say Kone is being labelled as the saviour! Lol

Maybe because the unhappy lot keep making out like he is shite!

From a business POV it might not be the greatest but its a sound footballing decision from Martinez based on what I have seen of him.

i dont think many have made out that hes shite though, Bailey. Most are willing to admit hes hard working and will be a good squad addition. I think the general consensus from the "negative" people is that he is an average player, 29, and has most likely taken up a large part of our transfer fee. Whilst we dont know what the budget is (im not sure its as small as some think) we've enough experience to know that its very limited, even with new injections of TV money.

Im going back and forth on the whole thing. Like I said before, if he can help get Jela firing again, 5m is buying 2 strikers (and putting Felli back where he belongs, hopefully, which would be priceless).

end of the day, hes a blue now. need to support him and the team going forward, as Im sure we all will :)

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

anyone who isn't happy about this all of a sudden doesn't become a football scout with a world of knowledge at his finger tips...i don't know of any strikers that may or may not be worth 5-6m...just in my opinion kone isn't...he's had one DECENT(not great) premiership season..for 6m we could get 2-3 good prospect strikers..guidetti seems very popular around these parts? has everyon forgot vellios? to me the money could have been spent better elsewhere...such a lazy argument saying well who could we get for better

So is saying he is well over priced without naming any other players that we could have got for the same fee and is as proven as Kone in our league.

Only time will tell.

Bony for £14 million who's 25 years old and totally unproven?