IGNORED

Arouna Kone

Strong positive start to the transfer window.

More of the same please.

agreed -

makes it much more competative on our frontline, I think he is going to be a good signing for us, a grafter and a bit of quality as well.

If just siging him kicks Jelavic on it a bonus, I don't care much who scores as long as somebody is.

I think we have just significantly increased our chances of more goals over the next two or three years without breaking the bank and putting our eggs in once basket.

I actually like the look of that to be honest Matt. If Jela can get back on form anyway.

from what the initial Kone supporters were saying, hes a provider which is what Jela has been missing. If thats the front 3 it will also mean Felli is back in his right place so it wont always be hoofed upfield. In short, I suspect Jela will have more poaching opportunities....

Welcome to Everton Kone! :)

I do like the look of this, I think 6mil was a bit steep but all is good. If he can score 13 goals for Wigan then surely he can score double that for Everton ;-). No but in all seriousness I do like Jelavic, Kone up front. Could be a good piece of business. Let's hope so. COYB!

Welcome to Everton Kone! :)

I do like the look of this, I think 6mil was a bit steep but all is good. If he can score 13 goals for Wigan then surely he can score double that for Everton ;-). No but in all seriousness I do like Jelavic, Kone up front. Could be a good piece of business. Let's hope so. COYB!

no price has been confirmed has it?

slight side track, if were going to play 433, who fills the middle 3?

no price has been confirmed has it?

slight side track, if were going to play 433, who fills the middle 3?

As in the midfield?

Id say two holders and one with a bit more freedom.

Probably; Gibson, Osman, Fellaini to start with. Until Barkley can make a push, or we sign Honda.

If he gets us 10+ goals a season for the next 3 years, he'll have been a good signing I guess, so lets just see how he does. He offers something different to Jelavic and Anichebe as well in terms of playing style and he'll fit into Martinez' philosophy better than those two.

Have a look at that first highlight (someone should be making a highlight video with all of his goals for Levante and Wigan btw). I can't see Jelavic or Anichebe doing that. Taking his man on and playing the winger in on goal. He also immediately races to the penalty box and should really have gotten the ball back from McManaman. Saha would probably have just stood there watching after giving that pass, maybe jogging forward a bit.

We've just spent our transfer budget (before selling anyone) on Arouna Kone... Arouna Kone... it's going to take me a while to be fine about that.

Come on Mark, we dont know what the budget is. With the extra TV money there should at least be another £5m in there without selling anyone.