IGNORED

Arouna Kone

can someone remind me why we sold him on the first place? Stupid move....

Was a bit surprised myself. At the time, he was one of our more "prolific" goalscorers, notching a whopping 8 in the league in 34 appearances, and 10 in all competitions. Thinking Mirallas is gonna be our best shot at a consistent goalscorer this year.

Havent really read this thread but get the jist of the last few posts...

The way I see it...he scored 11 league goals for a relegation fodder team. I still think he'll get around 15 for us this season.

Yes, its frustrating when the strikers miss so many opportunaties. But I am sure thats not his normal way. Also...the team as a whole are missing opportunaties, think about norwich and wba...

I think maybe people missed the irony in that post Haf.

I'm hoping it was irony anyway :unsure:.

I was being super ironic, just in the hope someone actually thought I would be.

A £6m signing versus £30m plus signings.

It's a little bit like buying a run around for £1000 and being pissed off that it can't corner at 70mph

So what's his record for Everton?

How does that compare with previous strikers?

Just asking as he has been here long enough to write him off.

Yes his finishing was white the other night and pre season he looked useless, but get an fking grip. He's had dive minutes to impress and although we can make an opinion, only an absolute fool would write him off so early!

There are plenty of comments on here and on twitter from fans calling him shite and practically writing him off without saying the words physically and choosing to ignore a lot of the good work he did that led to a lot of the chances we created.

thats probably considering the fact that a corpse could've put away the chances he had...

Guest blueboy122

seein as ten isn't here

BOOM!

Same fans that will be getting his name on the back of thier shirts when he does well.

Fickle fans on here.... Extremely fickle fans. Well its football hardly for educated people is it ha

Same fans that will be getting his name on the back of thier shirts when he does well.

Fickle fans on here.... Extremely fickle fans. Well its football hardly for educated people is it ha

how is it fickle to say he played shit and missed some sitters which he clearly did? when i've also said i'm not writing him off

also i don't get players names on it's for kids

for some of us English is our second or third language - so please be tolerant - thanx (hehe)-

Kone should replace Jelavic in the starting line-up for the next 3/4 games - come what may - give the lad a fair chance to settle -

he is much better on the ball than Jelavic and his interplay is also much better -

I still believe he is a much better striker than Jelavic as well -

Jelavic has now played more than 40 hours with 1 goal to show for it - to me that is not a lack of form - but rather a lack of ability - sad to say

• 2 weeks later...

for some of us English is our second or third language - so please be tolerant - thanx (hehe)-

Kone should replace Jelavic in the starting line-up for the next 3/4 games - come what may - give the lad a fair chance to settle -

he is much better on the ball than Jelavic and his interplay is also much better -

I still believe he is a much better striker than Jelavic as well -

Jelavic has now played more than 40 hours with 1 goal to show for it - to me that is not a lack of form - but rather a lack of ability - sad to say

That's a lot of football and not a lot of goals for a striker, true. However, he's only played three games this season so far. I know you wrote this before Lukaku signed but all signs point to Lukaku taking over. Don't you think? Just based on what I've seen so far (mostly highlights and the full game against WBA) Kone hasn't been at all impressive. As people mentioned before there were so many chances against Stevenage he should have put away you'd think a pylon (or aforementioned "corpse") would have put those chances away.