IGNORED

Arouna Kone

I'm as disappointed as the rest of you - I really looked forward to seeing him play as I like his attributes.

I don't really know what you want from us. During the short time he was available he did absolutely nothing to give any encouragement. Even when Jelavic is depressed and lacking confidence he still puts together a few nice runs or makes some really good individual efforts. Kone did nothing except miss a few gifted opportunities. By the time he is healthy again he's going to be halfway to 31. It's not like this is some 22 year old project. I saw a lot of people shit on the Barry addition and even a few with McCarthy and they've received nothing but compliments since. I don't think people have a vendetta against Kone. It just hasn't worked out.

At this point I'm basically counting him as a sunken cost. Hopefully he can get back into playing shape and contribute some goals next season in rotation duty and cup ties, but I see that as best case scenario and I'm certainly not going to hold my breath on it. Martinez is going to have to seek a better, more secure option at striker during the summer.

I don't really know what you want from us. During the short time he was available he did absolutely nothing to give any encouragement. Even when Jelavic is depressed and lacking confidence he still puts together a few nice runs or makes some really good individual efforts. Kone did nothing except miss a few gifted opportunities. By the time he is healthy again he's going to be halfway to 31. It's not like this is some 22 year old project. I saw a lot of people shit on the Barry addition and even a few with McCarthy and they've received nothing but compliments since. I don't think people have a vendetta against Kone. It just hasn't worked out.

At this point I'm basically counting him as a sunken cost. Hopefully he can get back into playing shape and contribute some goals next season in rotation duty and cup ties, but I see that as best case scenario and I'm certainly not going to hold my breath on it. Martinez is going to have to seek a better, more secure option at striker during the summer.

boom-shaka-laka.jpg

Don't understand the negativity here. We signed a decent forward for the same money we received for Vic. Avoiding injury due to an over extention of the knee isn't an attribute to be criticised - like the Gibson injury, a knee injury is a freak occurance and can happen to anyone.

We have barely seen him due to getting Lukaku and despite the one game where he missed a few he has been bright and direct. Good player, don't write him off.

I don't understand either. Kone is a good player, and he has a track record of scoring goals. It takes time to blend with a new team, and he's had few opportunities to play. Even when he did, his stats were better than most other players, no matter what the comments here. He may have missed a couple of good chances, but he created those chances in the first place. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone and am disappointed at those who are laughing at him for missing the season. Very poor form, I must say.

Aroune Kone: I for one wish you a successful operation and speedy recovery.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I feel bad for him. It's a bit strange that people judge him though he hasn't even played a single full match for us. Those misses he made can sometimes happen to best strikers in the game. I personally rate him higher than Jelavic even though I hope that i'm proven wrong and Jelavic starts to score. I just hope that Lukaku stays fit or there may be some problems...

Despite Kones misses he has still contributed more than Jelavic has this season. He may have had knee injuries in the past but they clearly didnt stop him passing his medical and he had at least a couple of injury free years before this one struck. I think I remember Martinez saying that Kone was actually 'younger' because of these previous injuries and that it would allow him to play for longer into his career.

Lets just see if all of you that appear happy by this news are still as happy when Jelavic is being as effective as a lamppost.

I'm not sure how Jelavic's performances will make any difference whatsoever? Jelavic can look like a lamppost week in, week out for all I care, it's not going to make me start thinking "do you know what, I'd much rather Kone was here hitting the post, wasting chances. They weren't actually as embarrassing as they appeared to be now I've seen Jelavic."

Do you know why that is? Because only Kone can make me change my opinion of him, not another player. Those misses and general nothingness that he brought to our game don't change just because another player is playing poorly too.

But we have only seen Kone in glimpses and yet he is being written off as not good enough. Despite not being able to put one in the back of the net, he has brought others into play well and he has got himself on the end of these chances in the very little time we have seen him play. He isnt a world beater but some of the comments on here are pathetic, especially for a player with his record in various leagues.

I think Roberto probably underestimated the talent in our squad at first and the kone signing is an example of this. I think the news of kone highlights the fact that we need to spend heavily over the next twelve months on two strikers and that's why I think it's obvious we will sell baines to create the funds. Hopefully long will be on the bench soon if he is good enough but when lukaku goes we need either good scouting to get another loan or very good scouting to get us permanent signings.

Laughable to write him off now, he will come good he just needs time. It's not an ideal scenario but is it Kone's fault? Not really. Give him time for fucks sake, he has looked very bright when playing and had he scored against Hull we'd probably have people defending him.

this has left us quite short at up top now suspect he will try and get someone in in the jan window hopefully defoe

Please. Fucking. God. No.

:major overreaction alert: :major overreaction alert: :major overreaction alert:

Guest blueboy122

I would take Defoe all day long by the way. What a great goal scorer he is. Can you imagine how many he would score if he played for a Chelsea or an Arsenal, United.

Even Liverpool Christ he would score some goals for them he's so clinical.

Guest blueboy122

Laughable to write him off now, he will come good he just needs time. It's not an ideal scenario but is it Kone's fault? Not really. Give him time for fucks sake, he has looked very bright when playing and had he scored against Hull we'd probably have people defending him.

:major overreaction alert: :major overreaction alert: :major overreaction alert:

No way! I think he is class. Such a good goal scorer.

Based on what I have seen of Kone £6m was absolutely fine. He can score goals, he runs at defenders, he can hold the ball up - he is a good footballer!

Now he's injured it's "what a waste of money" - you could sign messi or ronaldo and that happens. The lad had observed Ramadan, was totally off the pace like most who fast, and then after jelavic had his chance had 1 or 2 games - that's it!

If you based your total judgement of RVP on two of his games this season you would say he's shite.

you think kone is better than defoe? fuck me

as for this..yes the injury could've happened to anyone..can't blame him for that..but he's done nothing for us since he came in..granted it's been little time he's had on the pitch but he doesn't for me bring anything that anichebe didn't already have..except 7 years

Steven Naismith scores a hat trick in his first game for us - hence a load of "great, what a player!"

Kone has limited appearances and misses a sitter and hits a post hence "he's useless"

Has he actually had 90 minutes prem time in total??? From what i've seen RVP, Aguero, Rooney, etc have gone more than 90 minutes without scoring.