IGNORED

Arouna Kone

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/champions-league-everton-fc-arent-6853774

This is from a few weeks ago but at that time he said he hopes to be involved in the last 4 games of the season. Also he has a lot of praise for Roberto, resckons he's the best manager in the PL, also thinks champions league will be achieved next year if not this year

• 2 months later...

i like the part about canceling summer holiday and staying in liverpool to get fit and do well this season. i've been saying i think he will get us a solid 12 goals this upcoming campaign, i like his play and think he will come good for us.

When Wigan signed him I thought wow that's a big name. He definately had a reputation as a good striker 4-5 years ago at PSV.

I think he'll do ok as a backup striker providing he can stay fit. £6m is looking a lot at the moment though.

He is a good forward with a decent goals to games ratio, pace, can dribble, holds up the ball, and scored more goals for a relegated team than any of our players in the same season. You would think we've paid £35m for Andy Carroll.

In less than 90 minutes total play he's been slated big time for 2 misses, the one that hit the post was a good effort and unlucky. I'm sure I could do a 90 minute compilation of lukakus impressions of a Sunday league footballer.

Personally I'm not knocking his ability. I think he'll do ok. But who won't get us into the champions league places.

It's the injury that worries me and £6m is a lot for a player who only played 2 games and is yet to prove his fitness.

Before the injury people had a melt down about £6m being spent on a player that we can't sell for a profit.

Dirk kuyt wasn't a player you would associate would get a team into champions league however he scored one of the most valuable goals against liege.

We need 4 strikers, he is good enough and a smart buy at £6m.

If Martinez seen enough of McCarthy to justify £13m then I trust he knows £6m was a good price for Kone.

I dont think there is any denying that £6mil was probably on the steep side (presuming of course that we did really pay £6mil because reports varied at the time and £6mil was the highest figure - In fact a quick check on google says undisclosed with 3 papers saying £5mil) but you are probably paying for the true worth of the player. I think £4mil would have been a good price for us but then again Wigan would have felt robbed if he had gone for that amount given the current climate.

in this day and age even to us it is chicken feed.

We now have nearly £100m turnover.

And how much of that is available for transfer... Forget the player sales money because we aren't likely to receive £30m+ every season. £6m of Evertons money needs to be invested wisely... Definitely not chicken feed

• 2 months later...

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him fit and in action.

I do feel there is so much we haven't seen from him and while I don't think he will end up being a first team striker I do feel he will prove to be a very useful player when we do use him.

Europa League, cups etc.