IGNORED

Arouna Kone

You could go out and buy a £40m striker, there is no guarantee he will stay injury free. Look at shearer, for both Blackburn and Newcastle he was hit with a big injury at the start of both club careers.

For some reason the doubters who were against kones signing right from the start seem to use an injury to validate the argument.

For me the £6m spent on him was RM realising he needs someone he knows will give him what he needs on a limited budget.

I hope the lad gets fit and makes a vital contribution for us.

What's funny Pad?

The fact Martinez said at the end of last season he was almost ready then he's been in "contention" for most of this season now it's January.

It wasn't a "ha ha haaa" jovial or made up laugh Haf, it was a resigned "I'm fucking sick of it now it's getting a bit embarrassing" type laugh.

The fact Martinez said at the end of last season he was almost ready then he's been in "contention" for most of this season now it's January.

It wasn't a "ha ha haaa" jovial or made up laugh Haf, it was a resigned "I'm fucking sick of it now it's getting a bit embarrassing" type laugh.

I think RM has made a bit of a hash of his overly honest interviews with player injuries. He just needs to say it's a complicated injury and we aren't going to rush him.

It makes the fans a bit critical.

I think RM has made a bit of a hash of his overly honest interviews with player injuries. He just needs to say it's a complicated injury and we aren't going to rush him.

Exactly. If the lads injured then he is injured it's nobodys fault so just say we have no idea when he'll be back it's a really difficult injury to assess or whatever.

I don't think he would have made the grade here anyway tbh but I would have loved him to of proven me wrong.

I'm honestly starting to think he'll never kick a ball again for us and as muchas I don't rate thelad that would be a real shame for all involved in the club from himself down to the fans.

Bit gutted for him to be fair. He's been out a long time and I was looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch again. If he's still experiencing pain after training sessions 13 months down the line it's not a good sign is it? Hopefully, come January, we will have a fit and hungry Arouna Kone who's ready to show us fans what he can do.

Edited by Geth

I fear the same for the lad. Think it may be one struggle too far for him which is a real shame.

I honestly thought he could offer us something different. He is a bit of a bully up front and very direct. He has a bit of pace and a powerful shot.

If it takes I'll January and we have a fit Kone for the rest of the season then I will be made up for him. But I have this feeling like a lot of others that his career could be over :-(

Its a pity because by all accounts he's a top pro. Disciplined, works hard on his game and a good team player.

For me he could have a Naismith with pace impact.

That's exactly how I feel. I feel bad for him, and also for us. He was quality for Wigan and I feel some goals for us would have turned it all around. There's still time.

i am a big Kone fan but at the end of the day football is big business with no place for passengers on the bus -

sad reality of life - we are not all dealt the same deck of cards in the game called real life -

Gibson's ride as a passenger has also reached its end of the line -

we need both players to contribute regularly pretty soon or to make place for players pulling their weight -

tough call - but we are not a charity organization

But the medical team clearly didnt think it was going to take as long to repair and heal so at the start it probably wasnt as complicated at the start until they realised the extent of the damage and that the recovery wasn't progressing as quickly as they had hoped.

It very easy for people to look back in hindsight and I also don't get how it is embarrassing either.

All in all it sounds like a horrible injury. Cartilage problems can be very bad anyway but having to basically regrow another layer must be dreadful. Cartilage acts like a shock absorber and also covers the bones to reduce the friction of them rubbing together so I can imagine its very painful!

You can't cash in on something that no one will buy.

Someone will buy him for scraps, a lower premier league team or even in the lower leagues. Maybe a loan with a view to buying. I'd rather sell him for a bit less than half of what we paid for him that have him wasting wages every week, not actually getting on the field. Its a shame for him it really is I cant help but feel sorry for him.

Someone will buy him for scraps, a lower premier league team or even in the lower leagues. Maybe a loan with a view to buying. I'd rather sell him for a bit less than half of what we paid for him that have him wasting wages every week, not actually getting on the field. Its a shame for him it really is I cant help but feel sorry for him.

If Martinez has it right that he won't be playing until January then he'll only have a year and a half left on his contract by then. And sides won't want him until they know if he's even capable of playing to a high level so he'd have to play until the summer when he'd only have a year left with us.

You're being very optimistic if you think we're going to get a single penny back on him.

I feel very sorry for him. You can tell in interviews that he's so eager to get back and prove himself. I really hope he gets that opportunity.

Theo Walcott came back yesterday for Arsenal after ten months out. Long-term injuries happen, and it's not fair to blame the player - or, indeed, to laugh about it.

BBC

"Martinez revealed Thursday's game will come too soon for striker Arouna Kone to make a return from a long-term knee injury.

He expects the Ivory Coast international to be in contention after the international break."

Which international break though, that's the question; probably the mid-season one caused by the Winter World Cup in Qatar I should imagine.

BBC

"Martinez revealed Thursday's game will come too soon for striker Arouna Kone to make a return from a long-term knee injury.

He expects the Ivory Coast international to be in contention after the international break."

Which international break though, that's the question; probably the mid-season one caused by the Winter World Cup in Qatar I should imagine.

Good one.

Even if we assume that RM was referring to next week's break, the key to this specimen of Roberto-speak is "in contention." Might still be several stages to go once the player achieves "contention."

Martinez also said he expected him to be in contention after the Burnley game, and I think he also said it about him being in contention after the previous international break.

That's the reason I said it's getting embarrassing now. He's had more comebacks than Lazarus but none have evermaterialised.