IGNORED

Arouna Kone

• 3 weeks later...

Playing for the under-21s tonight in the International Premier League Cup, whatever the hell that is.

Griffiths, Jones, Kenny, Walsh, Pennington, Galloway, Grant, Williams, Kone, Long, McAleny.

It's this, someone has posted about it before, I remember now.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/oct/premier-league-international-cup-launched.html

And alas all faith is gone

I honestly don't think we'll see him play competatively for us again mate.

I take no pleasure in saying that. I don't rate the lad and never have but would have really liked him to of gotten the chance to prove me wrong but I think his knee has done for him and that's a real shame.

I honestly don't think we'll see him play competatively for us again mate.

I take no pleasure in saying that. I don't rate the lad and never have but would have really liked him to of gotten the chance to prove me wrong but I think his knee has done for him and that's a real shame.

I thought he looked a handful at Wigan, and as a squad striker we couldn't really ask for much more... I mean Lukaku-Eto-Kone is the best depth we've had for a long long time... Any player who gets injured playing for our club, especially to the degree of career ending should get our unwavering support regardless of their quality or time at the club.

Mate who is there said he did well. Let's get it right, he hasn't played in over a year. It's all about progression now. He is the type of player who will compliment our forward line.

Exactly, seems the player who gets that gammy half chance atleast once a game, similar to Naisy

Set up the two best chances of the 45 for us.

I've not seen thegame so can't comment on it. He said he was sluggish andhardly had a touch. That's what he said and he is of the opinionhe could be an important player for us unlike myself so can't see him dressing him down but that's what he said.

Make of it what you will. I'm past caring about himtbh, he's never played for us really and probably never will so it's hardly a great loss just a shame he'll probably never get the chance to prove/dis-prove peoplesopinions of him.

If he made it through 45 minutes of a match without pain in his knee then it was a good day for him and us. His injury appears to have some unexpected lingering effects. Is there a psychological dimension? Hope to hear Bobby say that this was an important step and that Kone will be getting himself fit to play a role in the new year.

If he's again had some pain in the knee though then I'd start to concede we've seen the end of him. He'll never be able to get match fit if he can't make it through 45 minutes without aggravating the injury.